OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya, pretty close. Clements and Brock were traded for each other and then ended up facing each other in the GC. Clements gave us mobility at the QB spot, something that Brock did not have. Ex-Ticat QB destroys former team. I would love to see this Ex-Ticat QB do the same thing a mere 35 years later. IIRC the Ticats had given up on Clements, with many in Hamilton convinced Clements was not effective anymore. Kinda like the furor on here when Collaros was brought on. A few on here claiming that he was done. Be real cool if history repeats itself ..kinda. It’s gonna be tough though.
Actually the game that we both are referring to was the 1984 Cup. That was the first cup for us after a long drought. After that win, we won a few others before going dormant again.
Ya you are right , it's been so fricken long i don't even remember the last time we won right . :laugh: Time for a fresh memory , Bombers win the Grey Cup and then the Jets win the Stanley Cup , the NEW City of Champions . :nod:

Reactions: Fairview

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
IMG_7168.JPG

Not to be impolite, but... I must post this. :laugh:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I remember the scene on portage and at main also, people trying to climb the light standards, and I believe portage from the bay was closed off at the last cup win.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Bombers have elected to wear their white jerseys for the Grey Cup even though they are the home team.

Interesting, but seems weird. Why is there even a home/away designation, especially if Winnipeg isn't even going to wear the right jersey? :laugh:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Of all the teams to make the GC, did not think this year's iteration of the Bombers would do it. With the Nichols injury and just the way the team seemed early on this season. Go figure. Hope you guys get a win finally, I believe I was a month old the last time the Bombers won.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Bombers are 2-0 in the playoffs this year while wearing their white jerseys.

It seems obvious why, if given the choice, they'd go with white.
Ya that's what i was thinking too , they don't want to mess around with anything .

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Anyone happy with the Bombers chit chatter at work today? You could feel the sense of pride.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Of all the teams to make the GC, did not think this year's iteration of the Bombers would do it. With the Nichols injury and just the way the team seemed early on this season. Go figure. Hope you guys get a win finally, I believe I was a month old the last time the Bombers won.
The Nichols injury is why we got in , Streveler got more playing time and it also made the Bombers go and get Collaros . :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad