Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v3|Next: vs TB |Sat, Sept 28 | 3pm ET/12pm PT | TBA vs Thornton

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
How is that Teoscar in CF experiment still continues? He is not a CFer, FFS! I bet you $100 that he is not going to be the starting CFer come game 1 of the playoffs whenever that is going to be (hopefully soon).

*insert playoffs rant video here*

Let's be real, this team has some good prospects in the system and on the big club right now but we don't have to worry about playoffs for a good few years...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How is that Teoscar in CF experiment still continues? He is not a CFer, FFS! I bet you $100 that he is not going to be the starting CFer come game 1 of the playoffs whenever that is going to be (hopefully soon).

The whole Teoscar in CF thing worked surprisingly well for a bit considering how awful he was at corner OF last season, but the wheels have really come off lately.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Hey, the Jays play again tonight!

** wet fart noise **

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
After the hiccup of that leadoff HR and escaping the bases loaded jam, Zeuch has settled down nicely.

Fangraphs' live stats update shows that while his ERA has jumped about a half-run through this point in the game, his FIP/xFIP have both come down nicely.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
full

full

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Over the last few games Buck has loudly complained about the modern focus on pitch framing because he thinks that its relevance/importance is being overstated, specifically saying that he doesn't think catchers are out there "cheating" pitches into the zone and fooling the umpires.

And just now McGuire manages to get a ball called a strike on a good framing job, and Buck lauds him for doing so.

This is just like when he started gushing about Bichette's defence at short not long after he spent a couple of games questioning if Bo would stick at short because he was struggling a bit.

Reactions: kb

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Boston is mailing it in. They have checked out. Sure nice to see the Red Sox in full implosion mode.

I heard a comparison that the Red Sox are in a similar situation to the Jays a couple years back with some older players and big contracts. The difference is Boston still has some very good young talent like Devers, Benintendi and Betts is only 26 if they re-sign him. Red Sox are a bit of a wildcard but I think we can leap frog them in a year or two. I wonder if we could get one of there youngish outfielders if they go full rebuild, Betts is a dream (won't happen) but wow he'd be a perfect fit in the lineup between Bichette and Vlad

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad