Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v3|Next: vs TB |Sat, Sept 28 | 3pm ET/12pm PT | TBA vs Thornton

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Forget the game, let's focus on the most important thing going on here:

This is the most animated I've ever seen that mystery woman that always sits behind home plate. She's laughing and gesturing and not just sitting there with the stern, dour look of a disapproving English grandmother. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Done and done

full

Reactions: kb

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That was just about the most calm post-ejection manager/ump conversation I've ever seen.

Mild credit to the ump for not going full chest-thumping baiting mode. He might've screwed up, but he also gave Vlad a chance to quit while he was ahead.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
At least it's against a legit HOF pitcher. It's as much about Verlander being that damn good as it is the Jays struggling.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Godammit Sidall. :facepalm:

Nobody thinks that starting pitching isn't important in modern baseball. The opener isn't a rejection of starters. It's making the best of less-than-ideal situations. It's realizing that you're better off stringing together relievers in a sensible manner vs using a garbage AAA call-up starter just because he's a starter. I expect this sort of nonsense from Buck, but not from you.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Godammit Sidall. :facepalm:

Nobody thinks that starting pitching isn't important in modern baseball. The opener isn't a rejection of starters. It's making the best of less-than-ideal situations. It's realizing that you're better off stringing together relievers in a sensible manner vs using a garbage AAA call-up starter just because he's a starter. I expect this sort of nonsense from Buck, but not from you.

Rightly or wrongly, if this is deemed successful, teams like Toronto will cheap out on starters. That's what I believe. I hope I am wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad