Blue Jays GDT: 2019 v3|Next: vs TB |Sat, Sept 28 | 3pm ET/12pm PT | TBA vs Thornton

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just noticed the big TV screen in the bullpen with the game broadcast on it.

Now I want some angry twitter user to scream about the Jays cheating because the rules say no live game feeds in the dugout and the Jays can just use the pen TV and bullpen phone to relay info to the dugout (or use that as a decoy so that the man in white can send the real info.)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is there a way to dig up the preseason thread where I predicted 65 wins for the Blue Jays and then got flamed for 2 pages?

Blue Jays Discussion: - So long Pillar, and thanks for all the catches

There. It took about 10 seconds to plug "65 wins" into the search feature and limit results to posts just by you.

Reality isn't nearly what you're trying to portray it as here. The idea that you were "flamed" at all, let alone for "2 pages" is laughably inaccurate. People disagreed with your assertion. And then they disagreed with a strident hot take about management and the Guerrero service time situation. It lasted for maybe a page's worth of posts at best and calling it flaming would be a grand stretch.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Love how Buck and Pat were mentioning how Thornton's last few outings have been good when following an opener. Now today, he if off and starting.

Maybe an opener makes sense?
They will never admit an opener can be helpful.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
They will never admit an opener can be helpful.
An "opener" is very new and experimental and it's only natural that there will be controversy whether it will or won't work. Remember in the 70's when the Russians would never pull their goalie when down by a goal with 1 minute left to try and score, now they do it. Personally I think it backfires more often than it works and the Russians were right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad