WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chris Drury on NHL Now said many invites/calls have been made to team GMs - he has been speaking with a collective group of American GMs that he has a weekly meeting with the past few weeks. Said some names will start dropping by the weekend as they already have some yes and no answers...

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Chris Drury on NHL Now said many invites/calls have been made to team GMs - he has been speaking with a collective group of American GMs that he has a weekly meeting with the past few weeks. Said some names will start dropping by the weekend as they already have some yes and no answers...

I bet we can guess which list of names is longer :(

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
welp, looks like Florida is officially toast - I wonder if a circus is coming to town, another horse race perhaps...maybe a ping pong tournament is coming to town that will prevent Trocheck, Yandle and the boys from coming to play this year..

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If I was rich, young and lived in Miami, not sure I’d be up for an extra month of hockey and a trip to Slovakia after that season. I am going to guess Vatrano goes anyway.
it's not like they are going to Somalia for God's sake...travelling to Europe is exactly what many young people dream of doing..

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
it's not like they are going to Somalia for God's sake...travelling to Europe is exactly what many young people dream of doing..
All true but it ain’t South Beach and golf. These guys have worked ridiculously hard to get where they are, not sure why folks on here take it so personally when players decide against going, whether it’s because of contract, injury or just wanting time off.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
All true but it ain’t South Beach and golf. These guys have worked ridiculously hard to get where they are, not sure why folks on here take it so personally when players decide against going, whether it’s because of contract, injury or just wanting time off.
true, but Miami in the summer is pretty disgusting heat wise...some of these guys leave for the summer just to get away from that shit.

why we get all bent out of shape is because USA Hockey typically does a lot for these guys when it was convenient to help promote/spotlight them when they were younger...but when the favor is asked to be returned, some of these guys find any excuse and turn their back on those that helped get them here. obviously that isn't for all the players that say no as some never got the chance to represent the US and might hold grudges, but for others, if you followed as closely as some of us do (no insult intended), then I think you might see it a bit differently. Trocheck is a near running joke with us with how many times he said nah no thanks...see RJ Umberger for other examples lol..

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
true, but Miami in the summer is pretty disgusting heat wise...some of these guys leave for the summer just to get away from that ****.

why we get all bent out of shape is because USA Hockey typically does a lot for these guys when it was convenient to help promote/spotlight them when they were younger...but when the favor is asked to be returned, some of these guys find any excuse and turn their back on those that helped get them here. obviously that isn't for all the players that say no as some never got the chance to represent the US and might hold grudges, but for others, if you followed as closely as some of us do (no insult intended), then I think you might see it a bit differently. Trocheck is a near running joke with us with how many times he said nah no thanks...see RJ Umberger for other examples lol..
Ha! I actually have gone to this tournament twice and would have gone this year if they were in Bratislava, would have stayed in Vienna and gone over for games. I also volunteered extensively with USA Hockey at the District level for years while I was coaching. So, I am probably a little more invested than you think.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ha! I actually have gone to this tournament twice and would have gone this year if they were in Bratislava, would have stayed in Vienna and gone over for games. I also volunteered extensively with USA Hockey at the District level for years while I was coaching. So, I am probably a little more invested than you think.
all good, then you should know why some of us bitch...

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
all good, then you should know why some of us *****...
I get it. I come in here every year and ask that we don't villify the kids that don't go, we can never really be sure why they say no. But I hope for the best team we can ice, and will be watching rocking my USA Canada Cup 76 jersey with my adult son wearing his Jim Craig jersey, convinced we are two of the 100 people that give a crap in the whole country.

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad