WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Oh my. This is going even better than expected.

@AmericanDream Schneider finally decided to show up!

Stoked on Suter, Martinez, and White.

I was hoping Connor Murphy would be there. He always plays well here and RHD are sorely needed

No Gaudette, so either that was a false report or he backed out. He's a nice prospect but he'd be out of place on this team right now.

Larkin. What else can you say?

Unfortunately, it looks like Tkachuk is out. Bummer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Oh my. This is going even better than expected.

@AmericanDream Schneider finally decided to show up!

Stoked on Suter, Martinez, and White.

I was hoping Connor Murphy would be there. He always plays well here and RHD are sorely needed

No Gaudette, so either that was a false report or he backed out. He's a nice prospect but he'd be out of place on this team right now.

Larkin. What else can you say?

Cory is a long time HF lurker apparently lol...damn happy to have him and Demko - I will roll into battle with that duo knowing this team will score goals.

as for Brady- he is by his brothers side all playoffs long, if Matthew is pissed enough if/when they get bounced, I would fully expect both bros to show up here..which of course would be massive.

Murphy had back surgery to start the year, guy has come like the last 6 times - break earned and well deserved. we definitely need some RD help, but for a starting top 4, this is about as good as we could have imagined when making our usual wish list rosters..

so far this team on paper is looking like the most talented for any country, still some names to go but I do like our chances as long as we can snag a few more top names after eliminations.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
If Calgary and Toronto get bounced in round 1, it would be amazing if they got Gaudreau and Matthews. That forward group would be insane. Adding some of the defensemen from Carolina would make this team the clear favorite. This roster is gonna be pretty loaded when the tournament starts

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Calgary and Toronto get bounced in round 1, it would be amazing if they got Gaudreau and Matthews. That forward group would be insane. Adding some of the defensemen from Carolina would make this team the clear favorite. This roster is gonna be pretty loaded when the tournament starts
honestly, the way this team is already built, I would focus on luring Matthew and Brady Tkachuk here - this team has the high end skill, now bring the grit with skill. Matty would be coming in pissed off, it would be like adding the freaking Hanson brothers to this team lol....

whatever defense we can get at this point just further strengthens that top 4- hope a few RDs step up soon.

Reactions: JiggsNY

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
honestly, the way this team is already built, I would focus on luring Matthew and Brady Tkachuk here - this team has the high end skill, now bring the grit with skill. Matty would be coming in pissed off, it would be like adding the freaking Hanson brothers to this team lol....

whatever defense we can get at this point just further strengthens that top 4- hope a few RDs step up soon.
Agreed. It may be unlikely but getting the Tkachuk brothers would do wonders for this team. If they can fill those last 3 F spots with three of Gaudreau, Guentzel, M. Tkachuk, B. Tkachuk, or J. Hughes id be ecstatic.

For D I would have liked to see Fox make it. But I think if he would have he would have been listed by now seeing his college season is over.
From Tor-Bos McAvoy would be great, but he’s an RFA. And Matthews I have the sense he wouldn’t play.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
[QUOTE="William H Bonney, post: 159857075, member: 154"

Unfortunately, it looks like Tkachuk is out. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Not really surprised given his brother is also yet to show up at senior world championships.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
[QUOTE="William H Bonney, post: 159857075, member: 154"

Not really surprised given his brother is also yet to show up at senior world championships.[/QUOTE]

I think it was Sens wish. When you look this roster i am suprised if he just declined. There was some report that he wasnt sure before he is talking with Dorion and his agent.

Also shout out to Skjei. This is his third time in last four years.

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
Really surprised wow, I wasn’t really expecting Suter and thought that at least one of Eichel - Larkin likely pass on it. Hopefully Dylan is fully recovered before WC starts.

But man... those goalies, where are those times when only department that was clicking more than not was goaltending. If only Campbell or Quick, Gibson accepted.

As already mentioned Schneider looked like he was back to his old ways towards the end of the season. Primeau has huge potential to be a great goalie. Best goalie in NCAA this season. 933 save percentage in NCAA and a 936% at World Juniors.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not really surprised given his brother is also yet to show up at senior world championships.

I think it was Sens wish. When you look this roster i am suprised if he just declined. There was some report that he wasnt sure before he is talking with Dorion and his agent.

Also shout out to Skjei. This is his third time in last four years.
Tkachuks are very close knit, Brady obviously is there to focus on his brother and his playoffs for support - I can only speculate but he probably told USA Hockey that I am going to be here supporting my bro, fill the roster if you can - if the Flames get tossed then we will see things at that point and reach back out. Again, just pure speculation but something I can see him saying.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Give and Go

I'd love to see them on a line together. For the love of the game, if they end up there, they need to make that happen

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Impressed by the teams you guys are putting together, looking like an early favorite! If my Sweden can't win the tripple, I'm rooting for the US to finally get their gold!

Reactions: Thedogo

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Oh man this team is one to get excited about.

Naive hope. Auston Matthews is besties with the Tkachuks. After he loses to Boston he gets pissed off and calls them both and says we gotta get the band back together and they all go rage it up on the ice and in Kosice’s one single bar.

Either that or we get Charlie McAvoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad