Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
If, by some miracle, sunday morning we are 2 points back or equal to a playoff spot, I could see a trade for Stone. Still trading Simmonds, Macdonalds and Raffl.

Dont know what it would take but I could see something around 1st 2019, 2nd 2020 + prospect. I know Fletcher could wait and try to sign him this summer, but I playoff serie with Hart in net is really something I wanna see soon lol. Plus getting to know the flyers organisation he will maybe sign here before free agency.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I would think it’d be basic negotiating that if fletcher pulled the trigger on someone like stone they’d have an extension agreed upon. They wouldn’t be a rental.

Reactions: BernieParent

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ya he's not a special shooter. I think you're underselling him quite a bit though.

He's got 25 5v5 points and if you cut him down to 7 goals instead of 13 he's still scoring at 2.03/60. Terrific possession numbers too. He looks better on PP2 for Toronto than anyone we have currently.

Half his points are assisted/scored by Matthews, Marner, Tavares. Playing on the 3rd line here, will he get those linemates? Should he play higher with the talent we have and will have starting next season?

He has a -4 xGF% fwiw, if you just want to use Corsi. I'm not underselling him. He's a good player. I'm not trading the haul we can get for Simmonds for Johnsson. He has all the ingredients of a player who likely comes down to statistical earth in the future, while still being a solid 3rd line/middle 6 player. This organization -- about to add Frost, Farabee, Allison, Laczynski, etc. -- does not need to go trading a 1st+ for him to then re-sign him to a deal coming off this likely unsustainable season. That's my two cents.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Half his points are assisted/scored by Matthews, Marner, Tavares. Playing on the 3rd line here, will he get those linemates? Should he play higher with the talent we have and will have starting next season?

He has a -4 xGF% fwiw, if you just want to use Corsi. I'm not underselling him. He's a good player. I'm not trading the haul we can get for Simmonds for Johnsson. He has all the ingredients of a player who likely comes down to statistical earth in the future, while still being a solid 3rd line/middle 6 player. This organization -- about to add Frost, Farabee, Allison, Laczynski, etc. -- does not need to go trading a 1st+ for him to then re-sign him to a deal coming off this likely unsustainable season. That's my two cents.
That’s a reasonable stance. Before you labeled him a nondescript third liner & nothing the Flyers didn’t already have, while advocating that Laughton was more valuable. I labeled him a speedy 24 y/o winger capable of 20 goals, which seems accurate, & considering he’d be 5th on the team in points, I don’t think he’s as fungible as you first painted. But your revised take seems more accurate. I still would prefer him to a late first in this particular draft.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Has a player of Stone’s caliber and age been traded at the deadline and then not re-signed? I just don’t know if he’s going to make it to free agency. That team is going to have a big advantage with the 8th contact year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
If, by some miracle, sunday morning we are 2 points back or equal to a playoff spot, I could see a trade for Stone. Still trading Simmonds, Macdonalds and Raffl.

Dont know what it would take but I could see something around 1st 2019, 2nd 2020 + prospect. I know Fletcher could wait and try to sign him this summer, but I playoff serie with Hart in net is really something I wanna see soon lol. Plus getting to know the flyers organisation he will maybe sign here before free agency.

My knee-jerk reaction is no way no how, given that the majority of trades at the TDL are at a premium. BUT, if Fletcher can open the prospect vault and hand over a few shiny pieces not named Frost or Farabee (although I don't know if I would even consider Farabee untouchable for a signed Stone) and a 1st, then we could be in business. The good thing is that the Senators need everything.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall built an entire prospect pool of two-way forwards. We don't need more of that. Unless it's one of the best two-way players in the game like Stone, of course.

We need an offensive dynamo. A Panarin, Skinner, Duchene type.

Frost and Farabee are basically smaller Couturiers.

NAK, Konency, Allison, Rubtsov, Laberge, Ratcliffe, O’Brien... all drafted for their checking.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Has a player of Stone’s caliber and age been traded at the deadline and then not re-signed? I just don’t know if he’s going to make it to free agency. That team is going to have a big advantage with the 8th contact year.

I would argue he's not in Stone's "caliber" but Shattenkirk was the top UFA rental and left Washington for NYR.

Pretty sure there are others.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall built an entire prospect pool of two-way forwards. We don't need more of that. Unless it's one of the best two-way players in the game like Stone, of course.

We need an offensive dynamo. A Panarin, Skinner, Duchene type.

I thought we already had Voracek and Ghost? :sarcasm:
Striiker tells me they're elite offensive players, as is Giroux.
How many do we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad