Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
McKenzie just said on NBCSN that the Blue Jackets have to really be blown away to move Panarin. It’s got to be more than a 1st rounder & prospect. Otherwise they might just end up keeping him.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I would think a lot of teams would be starting there for Panarin. Hopefully they keep him. We are chasing Pitt now anyway and of they keep him it’s an easy path to UFA.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Florida is a budget team. It just feeds further into Tallon’s stupidity. Adding Panarin & Bobrovsky would likely make them a better team even with the salary casualties required to do so but it’s still not making you a contender.

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
No one is trading any pick for amac. He has negative or near negative value. Just like VdV, Lehtera, Manning, Weise.

I have hope for a deadline desperation defenseman deal. There might not be many defenseman available, a couple injuries like Matta, and if they retain…..
I fear more that the Flyers assign some type of mentor value to him and have no intent to move on.

Reactions: TheKingPin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Sportsnet thinking we are trading for Talbot to mentor Hart

Talbot 2nd for Stolie or Elliot.

Oilers can’t activate Sekera without getting cap space.

Reactions: renberg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why does Hart need mentoring? Is he struggling? 11-6-1 with a .924 S% isn't good enough?

Reactions: Jtown

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Talbot and the EDM 2nd for Elliott I would do in a heartbeat. Turning Elliott into a top-40 pick in the draft? Yes please, even if it does mean lugging Talbot's corpse around for the rest of the season.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You mean Elliott and Talbot's salary for a top 40 pick?
I'd then waive Talbot and eat his salary.
Don't think Edmonton is that desperate.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
What are you paying Kim Dilabaugh & the other coaches for then? Just get the best two goalies.

I’m all for whatever makes Hart the most comfortable. And if we can take advantage of Oilers mess signing Man puke, lets do it.

If Talbot do t work, we walk away

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Talbot is a UFA.

People thinking 21 yr old Hart won’t need someone to lean on next year are insane.
I couldn't agree more. I am as excited as anyone about Hart but people thinking they can just throw any old schlub in as his back up for next year (Stolarz, Lyon, etc) are getting too caught up in the moment and not thinking bigger picture. There will be ups and downs and it couldn't hurt to have someone who has been there done that who can also play some games if/when Hart has slumps.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Talbot is a UFA.

People thinking 21 yr old Hart won’t need someone to lean on next year are insane.

I'm looking at signing a huge UFA and/or offer sheeting someone like Marner/Point and re-signing all of our RFAs, and gambling that we can get 25 games of a .905 save % for less than $1M so we still have room to buy at the deadline. Then we go out and win the Stanley Cup.

At the very least, I'm giving Stolarz the opportunity to show he can do that.

Reactions: marcsson68

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I’m not really buying into the “mentor” idea, but I would like to have a veteran that can win a few games during those times when Hart struggles next season. It’s very likely he hits some rough patches, and having a guy who can win a few games during those times will hopefully at least lesson the “OMG, Hart is a bust, we need to trade him for a veteran” over reactions

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m all for whatever makes Hart the most comfortable. And if we can take advantage of Oilers mess signing Man puke, lets do it.

If Talbot do t work, we walk away

He’s a UFA. You can sign him in the summer. He’s been nothing really to write home about for years now. So there’s nothing to take advantage of especially if you’re trading a piece like Stolarz in a deal.

Whether Stolarz is a piece or not here going forward he’s a potential trade asset if you let him build his resume more at the NHL level.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He’s a UFA. You can sign him in the summer. He’s been nothing really to write home about for years now. So there’s nothing to take advantage of especially if you’re trading a piece like Stolarz in a deal.

Whether Stolarz is a piece or not here going forward he’s a potential trade asset if you let him build his resume more at the NHL level.

Elliot is being talked too. I’m 100% on board getting some free assets from Oilers. They can’t even bring Sekera back cause of Man Dog, take advantage

Reactions: marcsson68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad