Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Patrick for Huberdeau? GTFO

We were just debating how, unless G stays at C, we don't have a good 3rd C. Not to mention he's been one of our best forwards, hasn't his his potential and is 20.
I wouldn't trade Patrick or Ghost for Huberdeau. Not only that, I wouldn't even hesitate to reject such an offer. I like Hubdereau too. Not to sound like a broken record, but you don't give weaken the D and C positions to add a wing unless the trade is ridiculously lopsided such as Larsson for Hall.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I wouldn't trade Patrick or Ghost for Huberdeau. Not only that, I wouldn't even hesitate to reject such an offer. I like Hubdereau too. Not to sound like a broken record, but you don't give weaken the D and C positions to add a wing unless the trade is ridiculously lopsided such as Larsson for Hall.

Agreed. Keep Ghost and Patrick and address a winger in FA.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Zero chance for Roslovic from Jets, but Copp would be a nice bottom 6 Center to have. His speed would be refreshing.

Doubt they trade Schiefeles best bud tho

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Agreed. Keep Ghost and Patrick and address a winger in FA.
And even if they strike out in FA, we already have Giroux, JVR, and Lindblom on the left and Konecny and Voracek on the right. We basically need a 3rd line RW and that's all.

Maybe one of our prospects can fit in next year, and if not then at the very least we know it's not a big enough problem to trade one of our core for.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Fletcher is looking to trade Ghost, and certainly not at the TDL.
However, I think he's willing to trade almost anyone.

I hope he has the top young players, Patrick, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Frost, Farabee off the table, their upside is higher than anyone we'd receive in return.

Ghost and TK are potential trade bait because they have value, and don't have the upside of the others (TK is becoming apparent is what he is, he'll get better as a shooter, but he's not going to be an elite shooter, a reliable two way forward or a great playmaker, and Ghost will never be rookie Ghost again). That doesn't mean you're looking to move them, but you'll listen to offers.

Voracek and JVR are more a matter of fit, JVR hasn't really worked out with anyone, and Voracek only with Couts. So given their cap hit, and potentially finding a forward who could make it easier to fill out the lines, Fletcher might be willing to move one of these two. Especially if he plans to go FA shopping.

The rest, who cares?

At the TDL, the probable moves are Simmonds, Raffl, MacDonald with money retained, Hagg for the right offer (he's cheap depth so you don't give him away), and Gudas/Laughton if someone wants to overpay.

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
On Ghost, you convince me guys and the broadstreet article is a gem. :handclap:

For Simmonds, I really hope a GM overpay and the trade look like a no brainers. Fletcher need to strike a homerun.

He also need to find a suitor for Macdonald, even if the return is a 7th. Cash in on Elliot, Raffl and maybe even laughton if the return is good. Resign Laughton in summer.

This summer I dont care if he overpay a little for a winger like Stone or Panarin. With good contract for Provorov, Sanheim and Konecny we have more then enought cap.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I see they are stopping 31 thoughts on the main trade board but then don’t have any other thread to cover his column?

Who gives a shit if actual NHL speculation covers the main trade forum instead of f***ing dumb pointless fake trades that everyone just shits on the other teams players or prospects anyway?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It sorta sucks that the draft is so far ahead of FA. If we had an idea who we were going to strike out on in FA, then we could see who could be available thru trade with our picks.
Can’t you start speaking with UFA players before the draft now, though, or am I imagining that?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I see they are stopping 31 thoughts on the main trade board but then don’t have any other thread to cover his column?

Who gives a **** if actual NHL speculation covers the main trade forum instead of ****ing dumb pointless fake trades that everyone just ****s on the other teams players or prospects anyway?

Or any Eklund/Flyers thread where a qualifier is put out that’s he’s often full of shit but maybe not here.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can’t you start speaking with UFA players before the draft now, though, or am I imagining that?
you can...but I believe it's only 5 days...IIRC. The draft this year is June 21st/22nd. So 10 days before FA.

Edit: only article from 2014...but said you had 6 days before FA to "talk", but not negotiate.

JayB

May 30, 2012
TDL:

Simmonds <-> 1st/2019 + A/B Prospect
Raffl <-> 2nd
Gudas <-> 1st/2020 + A/B Prospect (yes, only for clear overpayment otherwise do not trade)

I will still rock and go with 2 first for next 2 drafts .

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
This board is seriously aggravating at times. We have been waiting for this organization to put together a competent defense for God knows how long with Holmgren and Hextall. Now that we have waited 5 years for Ghost, Morin, Sanheim, Provorov, and Myers to develop, there are jabronis on here who want to blow it up to trade Ghost for wingers. Championships are won with D, centers and goaltending.

That’s not to mention posters wanting to trade G and Voracek for a bunch of Lucic, Penner, and Carcillo type players just because they hit and fight.

Trade:

Simmonds- retain salary if necessary
Raffl-retain salary if necessary
MacDonald for whatever you can get and retain money if necessary
Hagg if The price is right, otherwise keep him as the 7th D.
Elliot and Neuvirth if healthy for condition picks

Roll with this defense for the rest of the season when all are healthy

Provorov-Ghost/Myers
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Ghost/Myers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher is going to make moves, unless he moves some of the top kids, he's going to have to trade value for value.
And I don't want the top kids traded, they're the core of a potential Cup winning (multiple, Hockey Gods willing) team.
The rest of the prospect pool won't get you a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen, they may get you draft picks and depth players.
And other than this year's (and next year) 1st rd pick, draft picks won't land you top players either.

So unless Fletcher is happy with a team that gets consistently outplayed and bailed out by two young goalies (and that's asking an awful lot of Hart and Stolarz over 82 games plus the playoffs next year), he's going to make changes.

While he may hit the free agent market, realistically, they can only afford one major free agent (and maybe a short-term veteran deal) unless they move Voracek or JVR (because of the RFAs, there won't be out year money).

The only question is which changes - I'd much rather deal Voracek, JVR, Ghost, or TK than Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Patrick, Frost, Lindblom, or Farabee. For one thing, guys like Lindblom and Farabee are much easier to build lines with, because they'll play defense and go to the net, allowing you to plug a fast skilled smurf on the other side of a top center. And I'm simply not trading a top young center or big mobile defenseman.

If Fletcher stays pat with the top 6 and top 4, he still has JVR on the 3rd line with Frost, and questions on the 3rd D-pair. In that case, he can pick up solid players (like NJ did with Palmieri and Mueller) using lesser prospects and 2nd/3rd rd picks in trades.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fletcher is going to make moves, unless he moves some of the top kids, he's going to have to trade value for value.
And I don't want the top kids traded, they're the core of a potential Cup winning (multiple, Hockey Gods willing) team.
The rest of the prospect pool won't get you a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen, they may get you draft picks and depth players.
And other than this year's (and next year) 1st rd pick, draft picks won't land you top players either.

So unless Fletcher is happy with a team that gets consistently outplayed and bailed out by two young goalies (and that's asking an awful lot of Hart and Stolarz over 82 games plus the playoffs next year), he's going to make changes.

While he may hit the free agent market, realistically, they can only afford one major free agent (and maybe a short-term veteran deal) unless they move Voracek or JVR (because of the RFAs, there won't be out year money).

The only question is which changes - I'd much rather deal Voracek, JVR, Ghost, or TK than Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Patrick, Frost, Lindblom, or Farabee. For one thing, guys like Lindblom and Farabee are much easier to build lines with, because they'll play defense and go to the net, allowing you to plug a fast skilled smurf on the other side of a top center. And I'm simply not trading a top young center or big mobile defenseman.

If Fletcher stays pat with the top 6 and top 4, he still has JVR on the 3rd line with Frost, and questions on the 3rd D-pair. In that case, he can pick up solid players (like NJ did with Palmieri and Mueller) using lesser prospects and 2nd/3rd rd picks in trades.

It's comical that you are deadset on ignoring the impact of bad coaching.

Gordon is a bad coach, and yet he is still doing better than Hakstol. And that is why you are deadset on spinning this lie that most of our best players secretly suck; it's either that, or face the reality that the team has played better under a bad coach than they did under your beloved terrible coach. Additionally, you're so biased against Voracek for him calling you out on Twitter that your opinion on him is worthless.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
On Ghost, you convince me guys and the broadstreet article is a gem. :handclap:

For Simmonds, I really hope a GM overpay and the trade look like a no brainers. Fletcher need to strike a homerun.

He also need to find a suitor for Macdonald, even if the return is a 7th. Cash in on Elliot, Raffl and maybe even laughton if the return is good. Resign Laughton in summer.

This summer I dont care if he overpay a little for a winger like Stone or Panarin. With good contract for Provorov, Sanheim and Konecny we have more then enought cap.

No one is trading any pick for amac. He has negative or near negative value. Just like VdV, Lehtera, Manning, Weise.

I agree we can afford to overpay for the right fit as it should have a real effect on the team to make them contenders. Not just simply adding an UFA bc we can like JVR was.

I said Panarin is not a "major upgrade" on Huberdeau..

I wouldnt trade Patrick for Panarin either.

Yea it makes no sense to trade Huberdeau for Panarin. I also don’t get the rumors they are trying to trade Hoffman. Makes sense to clear the space they did, but why bring down the team before you add to it? Unless it’s a forward for D deal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No one is trading any pick for amac. He has negative or near negative value. Just like VdV, Lehtera, Manning, Weise.

I agree we can afford to overpay for the right fit as it should have a real effect on the team to make them contenders. Not just simply adding an UFA bc we can like JVR was.

Yea it makes no sense to trade Huberdeau for Panarin. I also don’t get the rumors they are trying to trade Hoffman. Makes sense to clear the space they did, but why bring down the team before you add to it? Unless it’s a forward for D deal.

Tallon is kind of stupid, so maybe thats why?

This is the same guy that gave Vegas Marchessault so they would select Reilly Smith in the expansion draft. We all know how that worked out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad