2019 Trade Deadline Feb 25

Would you move the 2019 1st round pick for scoring help?

• Yes

• No

• Only for a player with term left

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
And it begins.

Genuinely surprised the Wild traded Coyle.

More stuff potentially happening:

Ediy: Beginning to think Fenton is not a very good GM...

Last edited:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Does this not feel sloppy to anyone else? Saying they’re waiving Jaskin then switching to DSP. Analysts announcing the trade a full day ahead

Even Coyle being told he was traded but not given the destination right away. I know they’re professionals and can handle it but it’s been weird so far

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Coyle may be having a down season, but they didn't exactly get a blue chipper for him. I'd have kept him. He's signed next year on a modest hit. They could get more next year as a rental than this

And we won't get Staal. He doesn't want to leave Minnesota, so it's heavily speculated he put all top contenders as his 10 team no trade, the teams who would actually give assets for him as a rental

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I cannot believe Coyle went that cheap, where the **** was Tre?
Eh, I wanted Coyle too but I wouldn't blame Fenton if he wanted to not help out a Western rival. Granted, I think we could have put together some better than Donato + 5th but you can only control so much.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Eh, I wanted Coyle too but I wouldn't blame Fenton if he wanted to not help out a Western rival. Granted, I think we could have put together some better than Donato + 5th but you can only control so much.

It was a very modest price. However this tells me Tre is likely setting his sights on better targets.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It was a very modest price. However this tells me Tre is likely setting his sights on better targets.
There are few true buyers this year. Winnipeg and Nashville are fighting for pieces of the 2 largest. Panarin is anybodies guess and Bob has done nothing to help his or Columbus' situation out. Toronto and Tampa are looking at a couple of d-men and other than that it leaves the Flames and Sharks which neither appears to be big on the trade chatter. St Louis could be a surprise darkhorse in the big fish hunting with how hot they are.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There are few true buyers this year. Winnipeg and Nashville are fighting for pieces of the 2 largest. Panarin is anybodies guess and Bob has done nothing to help his or Columbus' situation out. Toronto and Tampa are looking at a couple of d-men and other than that it leaves the Flames and Sharks which neither appears to be big on the trade chatter. St Louis could be a surprise darkhorse in the big fish hunting with how hot they are.
And of all the teams you mentioned, only the Flames, Jets and Predstor have 1st round picks they can move (in '19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad