WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Am I the only one who hates that crappy font on our new jerseys that reads РОССИЯ? Too damn banal simple. I like the old font better
What's in a font? I enjoy the players. Honestly as they always have to change uniforms to make money no good uniform will ever stay and will be repllaced by a worse design.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Empirical value based on a single game. He did play in games one and two also. This is not a scientific approach to calculate the average :)
The scientific approach is to deduct the coaches decisions. He grounded him for playing well. Kaprizov can't do more than playing well, especially if he gets benched for most of the game.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
The scientific approach is to deduct the coaches decisions. He grounded him for playing well.
This sounds more like a conspiracy theory rather than science.

Anyway, I think that Kaprizov will get more playing time. But if he doesn't, and the team continues improving and winning without him, I wouldn't consider this an issue.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This sounds more like a conspiracy theory rather than science.

Anyway, I think that Kaprizov will get more playing time. But if he doesn't, and the team continues improving and winning without him, I wouldn't consider this an issue.
What is conspiracy theory about the fact the player who is better than 3 to 4 other forwards sits? It's just a fact. A fact telling me this coach is making mistakes.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
What is conspiracy theory about the fact the player who is better than 3 to 4 other forwards sits? It's just a fact. A fact telling me this coach is making mistakes.
Maybe the conspiracy theory is behind the coach's decision to bench Kaprizov. Why is he not playing Kaprizov if Kirill is an indisputably better player than the other 4 wingers for his position? Do you think that Vorobiev is utterly incompetent, or that he possibly bears a grudge against Kaprizov?

I think that a better player (on paper at least) doesn't necessarily become a more suitable cog in the team machine. Ovechkin is a great example of this since he didn't always produce abundantly for the national team. Another explanation for the Vorobiev's decision could be that he already knows what Kaprizov is capable of, so he decided to give other players some playing time. It's a long tournament, so we have to be patient.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Maybe the conspiracy theory is behind the coach's decision to bench Kaprizov. Why is he not playing Kaprizov if Kirill is an indisputably better player than the other 4 wingers for his position? Do you think that Vorobiev is utterly incompetent, or that he possibly bears a grudge against Kaprizov?

I think that a better player (on paper at least) doesn't necessarily become a more suitable cog in the team machine. Ovechkin is a great example of this since he didn't always produce abundantly for the national team. Another explanation for the Vorobiev's decision could be that he already knows what Kaprizov is capable of, so he decided to give other players some playing time. It's a long tournament, so we have to be patient.
Finally you get it. Yes, I think Vorobiev makes mistakes(otherwise he might have won that Gagarin Cup these past playoffs). Coaches are human. He has his preferences, all coaches have. And I am all for a coach having a coherent idea of what he wants from the team, but in this case he is hurting the team with his decision.

PETROJJ

May 15, 2019
From the hockey fantasy point of view, what do you think who will produce more in rest of the tournament - Anisimov or Grigorenko?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
From the hockey fantasy point of view, what do you think who will produce more in rest of the tournament - Anisimov or Grigorenko?
None of the two:)

That's pretty much an honest answer. How deep is your pool you have to take those players?

PETROJJ

May 15, 2019
None of the two:)

That's pretty much an honest answer. How deep is your pool you have to take those players?
a) limited budget b) limited trades c) I predict Russia will play in semifinals, so I can maximize amount of games. That's why I'd count on one of these guys. Of course there are Barabanov, Telegin and Andronov but I think they're not even an option.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
a) limited budget b) limited trades c) I predict Russia will play in semifinals, so I can maximize amount of games. That's why I'd count on one of these guys. Of course there are Barabanov, Telegin and Andronov but I think they're not even an option.
I don't know eaxctly how your fantasy league works, but I would say there are certainlly other team's players worth a look. Maybe Lander on Sweden for example.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can somebody please tell me what are the current power play lines?
Pretty much the same:

PP1:

Gusev - Malkin - Kucherov
Dadonov
Sergachyov

PP2:

Grigorenko - Kuznetsov - Kaprizov
Ovechkin - Kovalchuk

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Ovechkin always suck so much ass in these tournaments.
He does not really suck, but he is certainly not as good as he is in Caps. He is very unusual player for a Russian. The most common Russian player type are guys like Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Panarin, Gusev and so on. They play a different type of game. So my guess is that coaches simply don't know how to use Ovechkin as effective in the national team as he has been utilized in Caps.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How would you rank Russia's defense 1 through 7?
7th behind what exactly? There are two teams with undeniably top D squads: Sweden, and Canada. USA is a tad behind. Russia's D is definitely not in their league, but after that Russia is pretty much comparable with the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad