WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Do you guys remember the dreadful times with Podomatsky and Sokolov as our goalie choices?

We now have Vasy or Georgiev to choose from. Both are amazing and I’m confident in either one
And now Russia has the best and deepest goaltending in the world.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And now Russia has the best and deepest goaltending in the world.
It's a pity hockey isn't about goaltending alone. Somebody needs to tell this all the FHR officials who claim to be building a system of youth development, that currently produces no centers or defencemen.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Vorobiev is still an idiot, even after admitting his mistake. He wasted time on a uselss game of musical chairs with Kaprizov and Barabanov. A blunder obvious even to me at home and he is a pro who was hired to coach one of the top hockey teams in the world. Now his "new" lines have a whopping one game left to find chemistry before the QF.

And I still don't get why Khafizullin is quarterbacking the 2PP and not Orlov. I know Khafilzullin is having a tournament of his life for his standards, but he ist still miles and acres behind Orlov.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Do you guys remember the dreadful times with Podomatsky and Sokolov as our goalie choices?

We now have Vasy or Georgiev to choose from. Both are amazing and I’m confident in either one

They were not dreadful, average goalies - yes. Certainly better stuff today!!!

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
It's a pity hockey isn't about goaltending alone. Somebody needs to tell this all the FHR officials who claim to be building a system of youth development, that currently produces no centers or defencemen.
I was responding to a post about goalies. Your post, however, is outside of scope of the topic.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
And I still don't get why Khafizullin is quarterbacking the 2PP and not Orlov. I know Khafilzullin is having a tournament of his life for his standards, but he ist still miles and acres behind Orlov.
My guess is for the same reason Orlov rarely plays with Ovechkin on Caps PP. He has the wrong hand. To make a pass to Ovi he needs to turn his body first. Its a waste of precious time.

Reactions: Sentinel

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Kovalchuk needs six more points to enter Top 10 on all time WC list for points.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My guess is for the same reason Orlov rarely plays with Ovechkin on Caps PP. He has the wrong hand. To make a pass to Ovi he needs to turn his body first. Its a waste of precious time.
Handedness is BS, especially if you play one D-man on the PP who is alone at the blue line. So it depends from where at the blue line he would feed the LW. It changes the system, but with the personel Vorobiev has he could also easily have more than just 2PP units cut in stone.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Handedness is BS, especially if you play one D-man on the PP who is alone at the blue line. So it depends from where at the blue line he would feed the LW. It changes the system, but with the personel Vorobiev has he could also easily have more than just 2PP units cut in stone.
Well, I gave you the right answer. Its up to you to like it or not. :popcorn:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
he was good and he played on a great team. Hard to compare him, but I think Fetisov at prime was leagues above him, may be can be compared to Kasatonov.

You had it right the first time. Konstantinov was a wonderful defensive defenseman, great character and toughness, totally fearless. But at his best, he never came close to Fetisov's offensive genius. Great skater, stickhandler, passer, and a shot that could disassemble the boards on impact. He was the quarterback of arguably the greatest offensive unit in the history of the game, and more than that, he was the leader and heart and soul of the team. It does not detract from Konstantinov to properly represent Fetisov.

Reactions: Sentinel and cska78

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Most likely we finish first unless we lose badly to Sweden.

Then Germany awaits us.
And Germany, surprisingly, beat Finland today. So unless the US gets at least a point against Canada, Russia will face the USA.

Norman Moscow

Jun 8, 2018
Everybody who is rooting for Caps will agree with you.
Good pint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad