WC: 2019 - Team Russia

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
7th behind what exactly? There are two teams with undeniably top D squads: Sweden, and Canada. USA is a tad behind. Russia's D is definitely not in their league, but after that Russia is pretty much comparable with the rest.
I think he meant starting with 1D and ending with the last #7 on the team roster

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Why does Ovechkin always suck so much ass in these tournaments.

My theory is that he is a small ice player. He is thick and powerful, without great speed, and he is an unstoppable force on NHL-ice. On the larger rinks, he doesn't cover as much ice as quickly, and he falls a little bit behind on ice-long rushes. He is still going to bury the puck if he gets a shot in close range, but I don't think that happens as much on larger rinks.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My theory is that he is a small ice player. He is thick and powerful, without great speed, and he is an unstoppable force on NHL-ice. On the larger rinks, he doesn't cover as much ice as quickly, and he falls a little bit behind on ice-long rushes. He is still going to bury the puck if he gets a shot in close range, but I don't think that happens as much on larger rinks.
Since when exactly has Ovechkin become slow? Watch the vids I posted and then tell me that has not happened. You guys will find something to complain if he scores a hattrick every game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This is it. I am done with Vorobiev. He is not inviting Svechnikov and scratching Kaprizov. He is a full scale idiot. I even don't care how the team performs from now on and until this incompetent moron is gone.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
This is it. I am done with Vorobiev. He is not inviting Svechnikov and scratching Kaprizov. He is a full scale idiot. I even don't care how the team performs from now on and until this incompetent moron is gone.
Svechnikov probably needs rest; he had a concussion in playoffs.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Svechnikov probably needs rest; he had a concussion in playoffs.
Generic excuses. They all need rest. The question is if the have the heart and integrity.

He was well enough to play in some american league. Anyway, he was not invited by the coaching staff. The blame is on them.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Provorov
Sergachyov
Orlov
Zaytsev Zadorov
Gavrikov
Huge bunch you could name #7
I think Orlov today is better than Sergachyov overall, so is Zadorov and may be Zaystev. I also think, that Kiselevich is better (at least not worse) than Gavrikov (at least in the KHL I think he was)
Ozhiganov is also pretty good, but for some reason stopped progressing.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013

Kaprizov played about 14 minutes against Italy. Kinda strange he didn't score in 10-0 blowout. You think he'll be scratch again against Latvia?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Kaprizov played about 14 minutes against Italy. Kinda strange he didn't score in 10-0 blowout. You think he'll be scratch again against Latvia?
You mean a game in which Kaprizov was on the 4th line, Kuznetsov who was doing pretty much nothing before scored 4 points and everybody skated like it was practice is an indicator for anything. You should have watched Kaprizov in the first two games, not now when he is coach's doghouse. He is a confirmed scratch against Latvia, and this tells me only one thing. This coach is an idiot.

Last edited:

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
For me it really seems is Ovechkin behind Kaprizov scratch from roster. Second powerplay unit with Ovechkin and Kovalchuk will not work, both are same style and same place . First one is very good. Sergachov skill on blue line, Dadonov working in front of net and rest are able to pass or score.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!

Hard to believe, but I am going to have to agree with Atas. We have a piss-poor coach this year.

He plays the worst left wing on the team (Grigorenko) with our best Center (Malkin) despite them producing zero points together in 6 straight games, he is pushing the talented Kaprizov down and out of the lineup on the right side.

Russia only has good line clicking right now, and a good top powerplay unit. Instead of recognizing this problem and shuffling all of his lines, this bufoon will keep the lines as they are until he is shown the error of his ways against a better team, where the ES scoring will dry up. Unfortunately for him, this Olympic style roster is so stacked that it is winning all the group stage games on its own.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Do you guys remember the dreadful times with Podomatsky and Sokolov as our goalie choices?

We now have Vasy or Georgiev to choose from. Both are amazing and I’m confident in either one

Reactions: Firsov99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->