GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( general talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Also, it has to remembered that the Sharks got absolutely screwed in game 2 at 3-3 with a bs GI penalty that changed the game in VGKs favor as they scored to make it 3-4 instead of 4-3.

Vegas can and should of course complain about the call, but in the grand schemes of things the reffing seemed to even out.

Now that is not condoning the reffing, just that it sucked equally for both.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Yeah... penalty or no penalty, Vegas blew it. Hard. Last two games were OT (18 mins in) and 2OT (30 combined minutes in and short handed), it’s not like they didn’t have time to win the series with one, just one, goal...

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Not a fan of that call, but yeah, it wasn't the refs who scored 78 times on one PP.

I never had a preference in the series - both teams had their pros and cons in regards to the Avs playing them. Now that it's San Jose maybe Colorado can exorcise some old ghosts.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
Timeout

EFC89CF2-0029-4F38-8745-78ABE3213363.jpeg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's sad to see a game 7 come down to a very mediocre call. That being said Vegas had a 3-1 series lead and a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes left in game 7, you have to figure out a way to win.

You sure as hell can't give up 4 PP goals on one major penalty. I don't think I have ever seen that happen. Maybe 2, I think I saw 3 once.

Vegas had no one to blame but themselves. Lots of opportunities just couldn't close them out.

That being said last night furthers my case that all major penalties need to be reviewed to see if it's the right call. I don't care if it slows the game down, get the call right. That was a bad miss by the refs last night at the worst possible time. I question how much of that play they actually saw. It feels very much like they reacted to the result of the play, an injured player, more than actually assessing what happened on the ice.

I don't like seeing stuff like that ruin games. It was a bad call and the refs last night should be held accountable by the league. I don't feel like that crew should be allowed to ref any more playoff games. You ref poorly you shouldn't get to keep getting games.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He was part of those contract decisions too though. He also signed Nylander to that big contract that is now a bit of a concern until he proves otherwise. Told him he'd never trade him too.

I guarantee you he had NOTHING to do with Hainsey, Marleau, and certainly not Zaitsev. And those are the worst contracts currently on the Leafs' payroll. Hainsey comes off the books so there's that.

We'll see if Dubas actually keeps his word. He's under no obligation to do so. If the cap crunch becomes a thing, then Nylander's a goner. I wonder, though, if it's Kadri they end up dealing. Not saying they necessarily should but I do get the distinct impression he's really wearing out his welcome in Toronto.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I guarantee you he had NOTHING to do with Hainsey, Marleau, and certainly not Zaitsev. And those are the worst contracts currently on the Leafs' payroll. Hainsey comes off the books so there's that.

We'll see if Dubas actually keeps his word. He's under no obligation to do so. If the cap crunch becomes a thing, then Nylander's a goner. I wonder, though, if it's Kadri they end up dealing. Not saying they necessarily should but I do get the distinct impression he's really wearing out his welcome in Toronto.

If he played a significant role in undercutting my teams’ success over consecutive playoff appearances I’d not only want him gone, but arrive at his house with the U-Haul for him to pack up his shit, & gtfo.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Matthews and Nylander were significantly worse are the time of the signings. Especially Matthews who absolutely bullied Dubas with that contract and changed the RFA contract dynamic in the whole league. Hainsey's contract is over and Marleau only has one year left, those are your typical vet signings (AKA nothing to see here).

Zaitsev was pretty bad but you need to remember the context here. He was a star dman in the KHL, in his prime, who just had a 36 pts first season in the NHL. They got fooled but it happens.

There's no excuse for Matthews and Nylander though. Dubas not only did a piss poor job for the Leafs but it's going to hurt everyone else.

Reactions: SuperJoe

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The fans or the team itself? What are they saying? We lost the series because of one bad call?

Yah Both. Marsh comments about the call. Gallants comments about the call. Yes, it was a bad call. Should not have been 5 minutes but nobody told Vegas to shit the bed on the PK. I mean when was the last time a team scored 3 goals on a 5 minute major? When Cole got kicked out in that Calgary game for a clean hit did the Flames score 3 on that PP? I don't remember but if our shitty PK can kill off a 5 min pp im sure the great Knights could have haha.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
Yah Both. Marsh comments about the call. Gallants comments about the call. Yes, it was a bad call. Should not have been 5 minutes but nobody told Vegas to **** the bed on the PK. I mean when was the last time a team scored 3 goals on a 5 minute major? When Cole got kicked out in that Calgary game for a clean hit did the Flames score 3 on that PP? I don't remember but if our ****ty PK can kill off a 5 min pp im sure the great Knights could have haha.
4 goals .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad