GDT: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( general talk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Accidentally voted Vegas in the other thread but I think that the Sharks are a better matchup. Vegas is too fast and too deep for us with better goaltending and better coaching and a better forecheck.

Make no mistakes the Sharks are better and tougher than us too I just feel like we have more of a chance against them.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A plus for us is that the Sharks may lean on their top guys more than us. They basically only use their top 6 and top 4. Hopefully the extra rest we have really gives us an advantage.

Reactions: MacBradley

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Would prefer to face San Jose anyway. Just don’t like them beating the crap out of us for the last ten years.

I kind of feel bad for Staz. All of the Avs, Staz, Boochene, and ROR almost made it to the second round.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was hoping for Vegas next round but seeing how worn out the Sharks were, and Pavelski potentially being out, I like the Avs chances against them.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Jones s going to pull a Mike Smith now because of y'all talking shit about him.

SJ has a pretty deep team, hopefully our speed can tip the scales in our favour.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm not mad since I believe we can beat Jones, but I'm so irritated that Vegas got completely screwed in that last game. If it can happen to them, it can happen to any of the remaining teams.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Would prefer to face San Jose anyway. Just don’t like them beating the crap out of us for the last ten years.

I kind of feel bad for Staz. All of the Avs, Staz, Boochene, and ROR could have been in the second round.

Eh, I don't. I love the hell out of Stastny. And I think the Avs should have pushed way harder last offseason to bring him home. But he waltzed out of here in 2014...the Avs at the time seemed like a really good young team, they'd just made the playoffs, and he'd have been a valued piece. Should have stayed instead of running off to the ****ing Blues of all teams.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I kind of feel bad for Staz. All of the Avs, Staz, Boochene, and ROR almost made it to the second round.

There was a roadmap for the Avs to beat all three former Avs to win the Cup too. Guess we'll have to settle for two.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A plus for us is that the Sharks may lean on their top guys more than us. They basically only use their top 6 and top 4. Hopefully the extra rest we have really gives us an advantage.

The Sharks have a lot of 'heart' and honestly they looked better than us in their games in the regular season plus they can bully us a bit but yeah, if we get top-tier coaching from Bednar and everyone is healthy and at their best then it's very winnable. With Vegas it just feels like it would've been an impossible battle against those 4 lines and that speed.

MildAvaholic

Jan 7, 2007
Houston, Texas
Glad I'm not a Vegas fan. That's a really bitter pill to swallow. They should have been moving on.
As someone who has lived 100 miles from Vegas and watching how hockey has been embraced in my area, it's cool to see hockey in the desert. But pay your dues, they got a hell of a hand creating their team and the bandwagon fans are kinda annoying. Good for what they have accomplished in 2 years, but give it some time.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
On the Sharks...if that OT was anything to judge by Meier will be a handful. Kid was everywhere, he just flat out wanted to win. Really likeable player.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I said it when the Oilers got screwed by the refs against the Ducks and I will say it again...bad calls happen against every team. However, shame on you Vegas for allowing 4 goals in 5 minutes. Some teams don't even score a single powerplay on a 5 minute call and you allow four.

Fleury was damn good, but he might realistically have worse puck tracking skills than freakin' Varlamov. Vegas also had a 3-1 series lead and had a 3-0 game and blew both of those. Far from the refs fault, even if the penalty was terrible.

Vegas might've added a 1st line in a year, but they still have absolutely zero defence. Allowing Goodrow to walk around you (McNabb) like that - from albeit a brilliant play by an injured Karlsson - deserves to be a loss IMHO.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I'd be pretty salty if the Avs lost a game 7 in part due to a questionable five minute major. But a lot of credit has to go to the Sharks for scoring four goals on it, a lot teams would've been unable to score even one goal.

Reactions: Mules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->