2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I'm not suggesting deflections off your own players into the net shouldn't count. All I want is for them to get rid of the "distinct kicking motion" rule as it doesn't appear to be very distinct in its application. In my opinion the only goals scored with your body that shouldn't count are ones where the player grabs the puck and throws it into the net, or takes his hand off the stick to directly bat it in. Everything else should be fair game. I'm certain every single hockey player would prefer to score using his stick, but if you are good (or lucky) enough to score with your skate, then more power to you. I just don't think it happens often enough for it to warrant the controversy of those kinds of calls/reviews.
The whole reason why you can't kick a puck into the goal is to protect the goalie from a Malachuk type injury. As far as I'm concerned, anything deflected or kicked below the pants shouldn't count. If you want to score goals with your feet, play soccer.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
what's with all the Mrazek talk in here?

he was straight up awful for 2 years and then this year he's been a pretty average starter(while only playing 40 games)

watch out! next Hasek coming through!

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah... Lidstrom wasn’t on that 12-13 team. I mean, normally not a big deal, just a mixed up year... but that pretty drastically changes your narrative about that series. For reference, the Wings 2nd best defenseman in that Chicago series was Jonathan Ericsson or Brendan Smith. You know, whichever ya want.

Kronwall
Ericsson
Rookie DDK
Kindl
Smith
Quincey

Lashoff
Huskins

And simply because I don’t remember exactly how much he played and also for completeness for another guy with 6 games

Colaiacovo
White

Frankly, it’s amazing that team won any playoff games with that D.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am not impressed by Bishop at all. He has to play much better. He has been mediocre so far vs the blues.

I am not very fond of the endless player discussions.
Howard Mrazek, Hasek Joseph, Filppula Hudler, Kuznetsov Wallin .....

Does the Vegas situation remind you of our series vs la kings and Martin LaPenalty (Lapoint) taking penalties?

Reactions: mantha39

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
The whole reason why you can't kick a puck into the goal is to protect the goalie from a Malachuk type injury. As far as I'm concerned, anything deflected or kicked below the pants shouldn't count. If you want to score goals with your feet, play soccer.
It would be a more clear cut rule than the distinct kicking motion crap.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Someone start a petition to remove Lindell from the NHL permanently. What a disgusting display of diving.
Agreed.

The nhl needs to fine him for repeated diving but they won’t.

I really didn’t care who won this series but now it’s Blues all the way. Nice to see some karmic justice when Lindell flopped in front of his own net to give up the winning goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Stanley

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
ok, in spite of my deep disdain for Tortorella, it's hard for me not to like the way this Columbus team plays.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
To me there is a greater intent to injure there than with what the Vegas guy did to Pavelski. It wasn't in the heat of any moment, it wasn't during some sort of crazy altercation. It was just Marchand going over and deliberately punching someone in the back of the head.

Reactions: Oddbob

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, I don't like to ever say I hate a player but I really think I hate Marchand. That was completely gross.

It's like he can't help himself.

It’s difficult, because he’s seems like a well spoken person off the ice who seems to conduct himself well and stays out of conflict or situations that would paint him as being bad person.

On the ice, it’s a different story and he’s such a polarizing player. I love his actual game. I think he’s a phenomenal hockey player. But when he gets into cheap shotting, spearing, slashing, slew footing, butt ending, kneeing, there really isn’t a single place where he draws the line. He will do every single “dirty” thing in the book, absolutely including some of them that are legitimately dangerous to his opponent. I don’t understand where his comfort with being THAT guy comes from. And at the end of a playoff series, he walks through that line and acts like he respects each member of the other team. It just doesn’t add up.

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
It’s difficult, because he’s seems like a well spoken person off the ice who seems to conduct himself well and stays out of conflict or situations that would paint him as being bad person.

On the ice, it’s a different story and he’s such a polarizing player. I love his actual game. I think he’s a phenomenal hockey player. But when he gets into cheap shotting, spearing, slashing, slew footing, butt ending, kneeing, there really isn’t a single place where he draws the line. He will do every single “dirty” thing in the book, absolutely including some of them that are legitimately dangerous to his opponent. I don’t understand where his comfort with being THAT guy comes from. And at the end of a playoff series, he walks through that line and acts like he respects each member of the other team. It just doesn’t add up.
I swear it's like something happens when he's on the ice where the impulse control part of his brain does not work.

Stuff like what he did tonight really bothers me where it's not part of the play or even a scrum or anything, it's just total after the whistle BS on an unsuspecting player.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
he makes it so easy to root against boston

yup.

As I said in the thread in the Stanley Cup forum, that should be a one game suspension. It doesn't matter that he didn't Bertuzzi him. In this day and age you can't let players suckerpunch a guy in the back of the head like that. Especially someone with the track record of Marchand.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
To me there is a greater intent to injure there than with what the Vegas guy did to Pavelski. It wasn't in the heat of any moment, it wasn't during some sort of crazy altercation. It was just Marchand going over and deliberately punching someone in the back of the head.

It depends what does more demage.
It looked like a short harmless punch from behind, but one never knows. But it was bad as the player was on his knees while Marchand punched him from behind.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
yup.

As I said in the thread in the Stanley Cup forum, that should be a one game suspension. It doesn't matter that he didn't Bertuzzi him. In this day and age you can't let players suckerpunch a guy in the back of the head like that. Especially someone with the track record of Marchand.
Marchand confirming his reputation of a rat and a scumbag yet again. Actually, rats are very intelligent animals, so, sorry, rats, didn't mean to offend you.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RedWingsDad

Jul 30, 2013
he makes it so easy to root against boston

I think it’s pretty awesome. I mean, he was wearing a glove and the guy was wearing a helmet.. and he didn’t hit hard enough to hurt the guy.

Maybe the dude had put down Marchands sister or something. lol

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
yup.

That stupid rabbit punch is the same BS that Corey Perry does, that makes me hate both of them. They both do this crap when the ref or play is not focused on them. As much as I hate the Colorado Avalanche, and don't want to see them win the Cup (less hate than it used to be admittedly), Brad Marchand is the sole reason, I would absolutely loathe the Bruins winning another with him. I don't like everything Chara does, but Marchand is so despicable so many times, that I can't even give him credit for being a decently talented player. No one I hate more in the league than him right now.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I think it’s pretty awesome. I mean, he was wearing a glove and the guy was wearing a helmet.. and he didn’t hit hard enough to hurt the guy.

There isn't anything awesome about that. Awesome is Kronwalling a guy. Awesome is Probert-Domi head to head where Probie wins in a straight up fight. Awesome is where Pronger tries to assassinate one-legged Steve Yzerman in the playoffs with a dirty check, Yzerman ducks into a hipcheck and tears the cheapshotter's ACL with a clean check.

Awesome is not rabbit punching a guy who's trying to stand up after the play.

Marchand is a piece of garbage. If he just played a clean game and didn't do this ****, he'd be one of the top ten players in the league and everyone would love him.

Hell, Pat Verbeek was a rat too and pestered the hell out of people... but he did it to their faces. He was the Little Ball of Hate who didn't give a damn about who he scrapped with. You can tell that Marchand doesn't want a piece of anyone.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I've made it known that Boston is my second team, and every Bruins fan loves Marchand, but we don't like this stuff. It's like you've got an alcoholic friend who is amazing in every facet of being a friend, great guy, but every now and then he starts drinking and you just go "here we go again".
Marchand is an excellent player, and I love his clean antics like his chirping and stepping on Atkinson's stick. Clean pests are not only fun but have actual value sometimes. He's got to drop this chicken shit stuff though.
A one game suspension would be warranted. I wouldn't do more than that though because it wasn't as vicious as something like Kadri's hit.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004

If Dylan Larkin is on his knees at the end of the play and Marchand did that to him, would you still think it's pretty awesome?

Also, have you ever taken a gloved punch? Even just messing around it's not like those things are pillows. There's another thread where in a video Turtle talks about his suckerpunch to Kozlov and how much more it hurts with the glove on.

A player punched an unsuspecting player in the back of the head. He waited for the refs to look away before the cheapshot, and it looks like the league is basically saying "yeah, we're ok with that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad