2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Two part question why did Thorton lose his captaincy? If he wasn't a leader then why didn't he ask to leave then when they took it from him? How is that then not a leader? Conundrum...

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
I'm almost always in favor of more OT, but man, Vegas got jobbed. At the same time, embarrassing to give up that many goals on one 5 minute kill.

Reactions: avssuc

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
San Jose seems like a team that gets their fair share of breaks, as I always felt in their series against us back in the day, that things always just seemed to fall in their lap at the right time.

Reactions: Red Stanley

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
You don't have to feel sorry for vegas, but they got absolutely robbed. That overtime though is why nothing in sports beats playoff overtime hockey. the atmosphere and intensity is something else

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
18 of 24.

Remember that stat. He was on the ice for 18 of 24 goals against. He's been a trainwreck defensively. Yeah he got an assist, but that doesn't undo the fact he's been really bad in his own end.
He will be fine if he is paired with a real defensive stopper like Dekeyser :sarcasm:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You don't have to feel sorry for vegas, but they got absolutely robbed. That overtime though is why nothing in sports beats playoff overtime hockey. the atmosphere and intensity is something else

Less heartbreaking as well when it isn't your team in it, so you can just sit back and enjoy it. When we are in OT, I am on pins and needles, and does admittedly take some enjoyment out of it.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
giphy.gif

5 minute major LOL

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still don't see Sharks going past next round. too exhausted after this series.

Colorado is same kind of speed team like Vegas, rested and will kill them.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
My health has declined significantly after the last two Vegas/Sharks game. Bad look on the 5 minute major seeing the slow motion replay. Vegas still shouldn't have given up 4 goals in 5 and they blew a commanding series lead and screwed the pooch at home on Sunday. Still frustrating to see shoddy officiating. Vegas will probably get an apology letter like the Lions get every dang year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad