Not open for further replies.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Elimination List:

#1 Pens - ✓
#2 Leafs- pending
#3 Avs - pending
#4 Bruins- pending

I would like Sharks to reach the finals just for the pick.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Out of curiosity, why are you rooting for a Canada-free second round?

Personally, I was pulling for Calgary over Colorado but St. Louis over Winnipeg and Boston over Toronto.

As long as Toronto does not win this playoffs will have been a success. I love Matthews but have a hard time stomaching the triggered crybabies among the Toronto fan base.

So many claims of the refs and Bettman being against them and not being hyperbole but believed. Running to mommy because Islanders booed JT. A wretched lot.

Reactions: Red Stanley

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
one game 7 so far. But I really have to question why Chara can take peoples heads off with an elbow and no call. Also no penalties in the third because the refs went into ball less mode but were fine with the two power plays goals that the bruins had.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Glad Pittsburgh got dropped right away. Now Boston needs to disappear next. That's a brand of "hockey" that I want absolutely no chance of Detroit modeling themselves after.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Glad Pittsburgh got dropped right away. Now Boston needs to disappear next. That's a brand of "hockey" that I want absolutely no chance of Detroit modeling themselves after.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by Boston's brand of "hockey" but i'll take any brand of "hockey" that leads to the Wings having the 3rd best goal differential and 2nd best record in the NHL.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Boston's brand of hockey is a hard forecheck and speed. It's a lot of fun. I guess you can have fun limiting your hockey enjoyment by hating them based on past perception.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
100% because of how obnoxious Canadian teams fans are on here. My actual heart wants me to root for the Flames and Leafs. But, if either of those teams won it, this site would not work for at least a week after, and they every post would be asking 'is x player better than OV' or is 'the 2019 x team better than the 1980s Oilers'.

Gonna guess because they have the most obnoxious fans?

ok. Just curious.

I mean, the Canucks fans circa 2011 were definitely the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen here but I guess I don't feel like Canadian fans across the board are any more 0bnoxious than American fans (Pittsburgh and Chicago I'm looking at you).

I do agree that if the Leafs won the Cup this place would likely be intolerable for a good length of time. Not just because of Leafs fans but because of the equally if not more passionate Leaf haters.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Nyquist is stapled to the bench in the third period of this Sharks game.
And some people on here were crying when he was traded and demanded we should have gotten a first round pick for him lol. He is a 3rd line winger that basically had 2 good seasons his entire career and one was his UFA season...

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Boston's brand of hockey is a hard forecheck and speed. It's a lot of fun. I guess you can have fun limiting your hockey enjoyment by hating them based on past perception.
The only thing I don't like about Boston style hockey is Chara inexplicably getting away with a penalty every shift. How a 6'9" can leap off his skates while making a hit and not get a charging penalty is beyond me. He's like Darien Hatcher incarnate.

That aside, they're a ton of fun to watch. They've got a lot of players and a style of play that's hard not to like.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
With the elbows Chara throws and Marchand being one of the dirtiest players year after year, I'll pass. I didn't know that hockey without goons was a hot take.

Reactions: Gniwder

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Elimination List:

#1 Pens - ✓
#2 Leafs- pending
#3 Avs - pending
#4 Bruins- pending

I would like Sharks to reach the finals just for the pick.
I'm so conflicted I want the sharks to advance to the finals so our pick will improve but at the same time I am going for Vegas because I feel like an early exit would almost certainly mean Karlsson will leave and hopefully sign with Detroit lol. :help:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
I'm so conflicted I want the sharks to advance to the finals so our pick will improve but at the same time I am going for Vegas because I feel like an early exit would almost certainly mean Karlsson will leave and hopefully sign with Detroit lol. :help:
Honestly I feel like there's as much chance for Karlsson signing in Detroit as there is the Wings getting the first overall pick this year.

And yes I know the draft lottery already happened.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Honestly I feel like there's as much chance for Karlsson signing in Detroit as there is the Wings getting the first overall pick this year.

And yes I know the draft lottery already happened.
Well, as lame as your joke was that's not true. For one the wings could still get the first pick via trade and yes that is less likely than Karlsson signing with Detroit. Try again bud.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Well, as lame as your joke was that's not true. For one the wings could still get the first pick via trade and yes that is less likely than Karlsson signing with Detroit. Try again bud.

I never said the Wings couldn't possibly get the pick. But trading for first overall is never gonna happen. That's how I feel about the chances of Karlsson coming here.

I don't know why he would sign here other than if Detroit outbid everyone else for his services, and that doesn't seem like Yzerman's style.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I never said the Wings couldn't possibly get the pick. But trading for first overall is never gonna happen. That's how I feel about the chances of Karlsson coming here.

I don't know why he would sign here other than if Detroit outbid everyone else for his services, and that doesn't seem like Yzerman's style.

It depends what Karlsson is looking for. He's never been in one of the big markets, and they might not interest him. If so, that removes a lot of the bidding. He's also friends with Z, so I'm sure there's been a lot of talk about what kind of organization Detroit is. If Karlsson doesn't resign in San Jose, I think the Wings have as good a chance as anyone. The guy is going to get paid regardless, so it's probably going to be the off-ice stuff like his faith in the organization, his ability to lead the sort of life he wants to lead away from the rink, etc. that will carry a lot of weight in his decision. But that's just a guess. If he's fine with playing in a hockey obsessed hot bed, or at least a place where the sports news is willing to eat you alive, that opens up a lot of bidding.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
It depends what Karlsson is looking for. He's never been in one of the big markets, and they might not interest him. If so, that removes a lot of the bidding. He's also friends with Z, so I'm sure there's been a lot of talk about what kind of organization Detroit is. If Karlsson doesn't resign in San Jose, I think the Wings have as good a chance as anyone. The guy is going to get paid regardless, so it's probably going to be the off-ice stuff like his faith in the organization, his ability to lead the sort of life he wants to lead away from the rink, etc. that will carry a lot of weight in his decision. But that's just a guess. If he's fine with playing in a hockey obsessed hot bed, or at least a place where the sports news is willing to eat you alive, that opens up a lot of bidding.
All good points.

If I'm Karlsson (and sadly I'm not) I just don't know why you go to Detroit over someplace like New York for a rebuilding team. They're about to add a great prospect in the draft. They have several Swedish players on their roster, including Lundqvist. He'd be a big star in that city and all the marketing opportunities that come with it.

Yzerman likely makes Detroit more attractive, but again, he would be using his prime years in a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad