2019 Spring Training discussion thread

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I haven't bought Cactus League tickets yet, so I don't know if I'm going to a Spring Training game for 2019. The Angels, Cubs, Athletics & D-Backs/Rockies are the closest to my house.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Spring Training is too long. Start the season in Mid March and then we don't have to have Baseball on Halloween. Heck, my schedule would be Baseball starts mid-march, playoffs start Labor Day, you reduce the season by like 8 games, and the season ends in early October, but I know that isn't going to happen.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Spring Training is too long. Start the season in Mid March and then we don't have to have Baseball on Halloween. Heck, my schedule would be Baseball starts mid-march, playoffs start Labor Day, you reduce the season by like 8 games, and the season ends in early October, but I know that isn't going to happen.
Mid-March? Lots of snow games getting played if it get pushed that early.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

you realize how weather works in the Midwest and Northeast, right?

In March we're still looking at highs in the 30s and snowstorms.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019

Naw, the schedule is fine how it is. As they say, baseball is a marathon.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
How much are we talking?

Cant speak for other teams but I recently moved to FL and wanted to catch some Mets spring training games and they are $30-35 for a seat but you can sit on the outfield grass for $25 on weekends/$15 weekdays. The closest facility where I live is the Braves and I saw some tickets as high as $45 though you can get in for $15. Ridiculous for spring training games

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Cant speak for other teams but I recently moved to FL and wanted to catch some Mets spring training games and they are $30-35 for a seat but you can sit on the outfield grass for $25 on weekends/$15 weekdays. The closest facility where I live is the Braves and I saw some tickets as high as $45 though you can get in for $15. Ridiculous for spring training games
The Braves games are stupid expensive because they play at Disney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad