2019 Spring Training discussion thread

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
re: spring training ticket prices:

i'm off next friday and saw the red sox are playing the orioles in sarasota, little over an hour's drive.

tickets currently starting at 34 f***ing dollars. 34. to see half the red sox and even if all of the orioles are there, who cares.

i think we're eventually going to see spring training either move exclusively to arizona or a bunch of complexes built near the big cities in florida. drive to dunedin to watch the f***ing blue jays. foh.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
re: spring training ticket prices:

i'm off next friday and saw the red sox are playing the orioles in sarasota, little over an hour's drive.

tickets currently starting at 34 ****ing dollars. 34. to see half the red sox and even if all of the orioles are there, who cares.

i think we're eventually going to see spring training either move exclusively to arizona or a bunch of complexes built near the big cities in florida. drive to dunedin to watch the ****ing blue jays. foh.

For a third of the game as well

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sounds like someone on the team suffered a family tragedy. price tweeted this

unless its about cafardo

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

As a longtime Pirates fan I can agree with a lot of what was said there. Last year was the first season that I didn't attend a single game since 1993 or 94, it is just frustrating when it seems like they just don't care.

I have no delusions that they could have signed Harper or Machado, or even the next tier guys like Keuchel or Kimbrel, but is it asking too much to maybe take a flyer on Freddy Galvis or Jose Iglesias for a few million? Maybe invest in a couple of 3-5 million pitchers?

Between the dumpster dive acquisitions and the fact they gave away McCutchen and Cole for a bunch of junk I just reached my breaking point, I still watch them on tv because I just love the game too much but I just don't think I am going to go to any games and give the ownership my hard earned money when they don't seem to care enough to give an effort

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Going on year two of the Pirates being dead to me. I hate it.

They're not being replaced by another baseball team, I can't bring myself to root for a different team, so...yeah. The Nuttings will never get another dime from me, and if that means Major League Baseball is effectively a no-go zone for me until he's preferably eaten by wolves, so be it. Fix your f***ing shit, Major League Baseball.

Oct 18, 2011
Dallas Kuechel is another example of the players getting screwed by the CBA. I bet more teams would try to sign him if some weren't subject to losing a first round pick (seriously this is stupid!!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad