Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You're right, it might be smart to back down. Luckily the guy we drafted isn't that kind of guy.
This kid oozes compete and character. When I first heard him in a interview I thought he was super cocky too small and a bit of a snot.

Then I heard him draft day, a few more interviews and the segment with his brothers and his family and realized he is confident smart and respectful and will not be pushed around in any way without a fight.

This is a guy that is just toying with the level he is at. He's the captain for good reason and that scrap just puts a cherry on top of it for me.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's definitely stupid to fight when your brother gets hurt from a dirty hit?

I didn't watch the game, but I heard from a friend who went that it wasn't the cleanest, so he goes to defend his brother.

My cousin was there, too. Player cheap-shotted Jack and Quinn came in to his defense.

I love that, personally. Loved seeing the Canucks stand up for Stecher when he got cheap shotted, would have loved to see it when Pettersson got body slammed by Matheson. You like knowing that the players in your system understand that sometimes they need to police themselves - especially with NHL officiating being as inconsistent, if not outright terrible, as it is.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
He's 17 years old, playing in the highest level of competition he's ever faced. With his kind of talent, I could learn to live with five or six turnovers a game. If he's still committing those turnovers when he's 21, then you've got something to worry about.
If he's learning bad habits it could prove difficult to rid him of them.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Our young guys have character in spades. If nothing else I'm really happy with management for having that as a priority. Intangibles are memed about but I really do think they're important (it's just that we can't really see how important they are since we're not flies in the locker room).

Reactions: DFAC

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
In the big Boxing Day showdown between the Canucks' Russian prospects, Avtomobilist beat Avangard 3-2. Tryamkin and Manukyan were both pointless. Tryamkin led his team in ice-time with more than twenty minutes, had four hits, and was a +2. Manukyan played close to nine minutes, had three hits, and finished even.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Seems like he is a game star every other game. Though against CHL competition does not seem to mean much anymore.
True. As we learned with Lind, he just has to keep this up, develop his weaknesses for when he does reach the next level he can make that transition more smooth

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
True. As we learned with Lind, he just has to keep this up, develop his weaknesses for when he does reach the next level he can make that transition more smooth
Have the Canucks ever drafted a true impact d-man out of the WHl?...Like I mean 'ever'?....I seem to remember a string of forgettable picks like Ellington and more recently Olson. Sopel might have been the best of a lowly bunch. Maybe Woo finally breaks the mold!

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
It's a testament to our piss poor WHL scouting. Hopefully Brackett has the leeway to make changes to the scouting group.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Mitch Eliot added to his lead over Matt Brassard in the points race between the over-age OHL defencemen this evening: Eliot with a goal and an assist, Brassard with just an assist.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Dec 28

WJC

Kazakhstan 2 USA 8
Hughes 1 assist, even
Madden 1 goal (1st), +1

AHL

Utica 1 Syracuse 10
Kulbakov 24 saves on 32 shots (Demko 7 saves on 9 shots in relief)

Vincent Arseneau (1) ASST: Cam Darcy (6), Dylan Blujus (4)

ECHL

Wheeling 5 Kalamazoo 6

NCAA

RPI 2 Northeastern 3
Madden at WJC

OHL

Niagara 1 Ottawa 4
DiPietro at WJC

Oshawa 6 Mississauga 2
Brassard 1 assist, even

Owen Sound 3 Sarnia 7
Eliot 1 goal (8th), 1 assist, +3 (selected 3rd star)

WHL

Moose Jaw 4 Swift Current 3 (OT)
Woo 2 assists, +2

S_C

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Fri Dec 28

WJC

Kazakhstan 2 USA 8
Hughes 1 assist, even
Madden 1 goal (1st), +1

AHL

Utica 1 Syracuse 10
Kulbakov 24 saves on 32 shots (Demko 7 saves on 9 shots in relief)

Vincent Arseneau (1) ASST: Cam Darcy (6), Dylan Blujus (4)

ECHL

Wheeling 5 Kalamazoo 6

NCAA

RPI 2 Northeastern 3
Madden at WJC

OHL

Niagara 1 Ottawa 4
DiPietro at WJC

Oshawa 6 Mississauga 2
Brassard 1 assist, even

WHL

Moose Jaw 4 Swift Current 3 (OT)
Woo 2 assists, +2

S_C

No love for Mitch Eliot?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surprisingly, the Canucks have been decent in signing over-age UFA's from junior hockey. MacEwan, McEneny, Chatfield and Carcone turned out to be decent AHL players at least. Maybe Eliot will pan out as well.

But I guess if they could draft better prospects in later rounds, maybe they wouldn't need to be so aggressive is signing these guys.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Surprisingly, the Canucks have been decent in signing over-age UFA's from junior hockey. MacEwan, McEneny, Chatfield and Carcone turned out to be decent AHL players at least. Maybe Eliot will pan out as well.

But I guess if they could draft better prospects in later rounds, maybe they wouldn't need to be so aggressive is signing these guys.

why not do both

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat Dec 29

WJC

Slovakia 1 Finland 5
Utunen 0 points, even

Canada 5 Czech 1
DiPietro 23 saves on 24 shots

Sweden 5 USA 4 (OT)
Hughes 1 assist, even
Madden 0 points, -2

AHL

Rochester 3 Utica 4
Demko 33 saves on 36 shots

Vincent Arseneau (2) ASST: Cam Darcy (7), Kole Lind (3)
Jonathan Dahlen (8) ASST: Darren Archibald (5), Evan McEneny (12) (PP)
Brendan Gaunce (9) ASST: Zack MacEwen (14)
Darren Archibald (11) ASST: None (PP, EN)

ECHL

Toledo 5 Kalamazoo 4

USHL

Green Bay 1 Dubuque 0
Thiessen 24 saves on 25 shots (selected 2nd star)

NCAA

Alabama-Huntsville 0 Northeastern 2
Madden at WJC

S_C

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Have the Canucks ever drafted a true impact d-man out of the WHl?...Like I mean 'ever'?....I seem to remember a string of forgettable picks like Ellington and more recently Olson. Sopel might have been the best of a lowly bunch. Maybe Woo finally breaks the mold!
?

Brent Sopel in 95 but he was hardly impact.

Garth Butcher in 81, ya the bar for Woo is really low here.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Is there there any evidence the Canucks have been less successful than other teams with late-round picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad