Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
A goal, a very palpable goal ...

for Artyom Manukyan. His first point since a three assist game ages ago. He played about five minutes in a 7-3 win for Avangard.

In 41 GP: 3/10/13

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
"since his cold start" ? What exactly do you mean by this?

He had a concussion out of Vancouver training camp and missed the first 17 games of the AHL season. Once cleared to play he sat one out - 18. the Comets have played 13 games since that point and he has played 10 of them. The most goals he has surrendered in a single game is 3:
2-2-3-3-3-2-2-2-2-3

Where is the "cold start"?
I'm more of a save% guy. His first 5 starts were .905 .929 .885 .906 .880. 4 of those 5 were pretty mediocre. But again i'm just going off the numbers, haven't watched him play this season.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Unfortunately those posters who complained that Jimbo's off-season UFA binge would only bring in players who'd get in the way of younger guys, has been borne out. The only guy who's really carved out a role for himself is Roussel, who essentially slots in for Dorsett.

As far as Beagle and Schaller are concerned, you'd have trouble convincing me that with Gaudette, Gaunce and maybe even someone like MacEwan or Jasek, the Canucks would be any worse off on ice, at a fraction of the cap-hit.
Schaller yes but there has been noticable difference with Beagle in lineup. Maybe making young marginal players earn their spots makes them better? Maybe Beagle helps teach other young players better habits which will make them better pros. I know fantasy league wise it makes no sense. With fantasy league view all players are what they are and you go for best value performance. Team with best value wins. It is not wrong but does not factor in potential progress of young players with more competition.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Was at the WJC prelim game between USA vs Russia last night. Madden played with Barrett and Robertson and was quite impressed with his skill level and board work for a slight player. He made some slick moves, which included a Petey deke for a goal in the shootout.

In comparison to the rest of draft class forwards he was the most consistent player. I would be surprised if he does not make the team.

Wahlstrom- this player is going to drive NYI fans nuts because he was absolute garbage, with poor effort, poor reads and then scored a ridiculously skilled goal midway through the third and woke up.

Farabee - I have no idea where his skill has gone but he was fed J. Hughes as his C and was useless. Poor reads, poor passes, skated into traffic.

Drury - vanilla sums him up nicely.

O’ Brien - I would say played the closest to Madden until he most likely got a concussion on a slightly late open ice hit.

Miller - Beast, nothing more to say. He will be in the NHL next year.

Jack Hughes reminds me of an Ehlers / Nylander hybrid in a good way. Skating is unreal and his ability to move through traffic with ease is the same as his brother. Early in the game you could tell the level of competition he has played at hindered him, as he attempted a lot of passes that were intercepted with ease. He also tried to do too much on his own and was stripped of the puck for a goal. In the third he had adjusted well to the skill level and was as advertised.

Quinn was a scratch with all the returning players, sadly.

A props to @thefeebster because he raved about Evan Barratt and he was a force. If he was in our system we could only be so lucky.

The Russians were hard to gauge because as usual they had terrible possession of the puck and had two goals on three chances.

Alexeyev and Galimov stood out the most IMO.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Was at the WJC prelim game between USA vs Russia last night. Madden played with Barrett and Robertson and was quite impressed with his skill level and board work for a slight player. He made some slick moves, which included a Petey deke for a goal in the shootout.

In comparison to the rest of draft class forwards he was the most consistent player. I would be surprised if he does not make the team.

Wahlstrom- this player is going to drive NYI fans nuts because he was absolute garbage, with poor effort, poor reads and then scored a ridiculously skilled goal midway through the third and woke up.

Farabee - I have no idea where his skill has gone but he was fed J. Hughes as his C and was useless. Poor reads, poor passes, skated into traffic.

O’ Brien - I would say played the closest to Madden until he most likely got a concussion on a slightly late open ice hit.

Jack Hughes reminds me of an Ehlers / Nylander hybrid in a good way. Skating is unreal and his ability to move through traffic with ease is the same as his brother. Early in the game you could tell the level of competition he has played at hindered him, as he attempted a lot of passes that were intercepted with ease. He also tried to do too much on his own and was stripped of the puck for a goal. In the third he had adjusted well to the skill level and was as advertised.

A props to @thefeebster because he raved about Evan Barratt and he was a force. If he was in our system we could only be so lucky.

The Russians were hard to gauge because as usual they had terrible possession of the puck and had two goals on three chances.

Wahlstrom was awful at the summer showcase too, and his number in the ncaa is very worrysome. The question is did Jack Hughes really elevated Wahlstrom's to be much better than it really. I really hope he get back on track.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC

I was also at the game last night! Agree with everything here. Hughes was being way too fancy and had 5-6 turnovers in the neutral zone when he could have made a simple play. Very underwhelming last night. Barratt has an amazing release on his shot hes going to be good. Madden was very solid too in all aspects was very impressed. Only thing holding him back is that he weighs 150 pounds. The MVP of last night has to be the goalie Daniil Tarasov. Absolutely stood on his head.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm loving Madden's game.....what he's doing in NCAA Div. I hockey as a true 18-year old freshman is pretty special. Can't see how he doesn't make the USA WJC team.....Looks like Brackett and the U.S. college scouts have done it again.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Unfortunately those posters who complained that Jimbo's off-season UFA binge would only bring in players who'd get in the way of younger guys, has been borne out. The only guy who's really carved out a role for himself is Roussel, who essentially slots in for Dorsett.

As far as Beagle and Schaller are concerned, you'd have trouble convincing me that with Gaudette, Gaunce and maybe even someone like MacEwan or Jasek, the Canucks would be any worse off on ice, at a fraction of the cap-hit.
All would be worse than Beagle. Schaller it's a toss up.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
All would be worse than Beagle. Schaller it's a toss up.
I disagree. As far as on the ice contributions go, Gaunce would be better than Beagle. MacEwan can play centre but is an unknown at the NHL level and Archi can’t play centre and take face offs so that puts him a step below for me. As far as off ive stuff goes, none of us really know.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
I'm loving Madden's game.....what he's doing in NCAA Div. I hockey as a true 18-year old freshman is pretty special. Can't see how he doesn't make the USA WJC team.....Looks like Brackett and the U.S. college scouts have done it again.
i like him too.....but he's 19

Var

Nov 10, 2007

You know, I've seen this dazzling skating as well but also the carelessness with the puck. I wonder how much of a problem it will be.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Quinn Hughes on the ice tonight at the LEC? The future of the Canucks d-corps. Will be interested to hear from posters who plan to attend the game.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
So Quinn Hughes on the ice tonight at the LEC? The future of the Canucks d-corps. Will be interested to hear from posters who plan to attend the game.
Is this confirmed? I am thinking about going since I live close by. This might persuade me to grab a ticket

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Stupid for him to fight. Might hurt his hand like McDavid did in OHL.

It's definitely stupid to fight when your brother gets hurt from a dirty hit?

I didn't watch the game, but I heard from a friend who went that it wasn't the cleanest, so he goes to defend his brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I’d like to see MacEwen get a cup of coffee his season, it’s going to take an injury and I’m certainly not wishing that but if we lose a bottom six forward I’d like MacEwen up in place of Schaller

Reactions: travis scott

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You know, I've seen this dazzling skating as well but also the carelessness with the puck. I wonder how much of a problem it will be.
He's 17 years old, playing in the highest level of competition he's ever faced. With his kind of talent, I could learn to live with five or six turnovers a game. If he's still committing those turnovers when he's 21, then you've got something to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln