Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has a recent pulse on Matt Brassard? He seems to have landed well in Niagara, but he is an older player now so I would expect nothing less than a point-per-game season at this level if he is going to continue his career as a pro. Has his play improved from last season? Is this a player that projects well into the AHL?

If he made the NHL, what would he look like? I heard he has some of the best chirps - is this true? Is he an agitator-type defensemen with some skill?

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm always confused by the US college hockey playoff format. I beleive there are 6 automatic qualifiers and 10 at large bids. But I don't know how they select the 10 teams. Anyway, Michigan isn't ranked in the top 20 so....could their season really end March 2nd or do they other tournaments they would play in?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I'm always confused by the US college hockey playoff format. I beleive there are 6 automatic qualifiers and 10 at large bids. But I don't know how they select the 10 teams. Anyway, Michigan isn't ranked in the top 20 so....could their season really end March 2nd or do they other tournaments they would play in?

They still have the big 10 tournament. If they win that then they're automatically in the frozen 4 tournament... they can also try and make a case of all the top teams they beat this year and hope to get an invite.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The KHL playoffs begin today. Manukyan is in action today, Tryamkin tomorrow.

Perhaps Manukyan's jump in ice-time in the last game (about 15 minutes when he was usually playing 5) had to do with resting a vet or two in advance of the post season. @FroshaugFan2 might have more details or other interesting info on the Canucks' Russian "prospects."

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Manukyan scored a goal in Avangard's 6-0 shellacking of Ak Bars to open their playoff series. He had 6:42 of ice-time and was a plus 2.

Reactions: FroshaugFan2

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
The KHL playoffs begin today. Manukyan is in action today, Tryamkin tomorrow.

Perhaps Manukyan's jump in ice-time in the last game (about 15 minutes when he was usually playing 5) had to do with resting a vet or two in advance of the post season. @FroshaugFan2 might have more details or other interesting info on the Canucks' Russian "prospects."

I think that's a good assumption given what we've seen of Manukyan's ice time.

Haven't been able to follow the European prospects much lately. One thing I did notice is that Tryamkin was wearing the "C" for Avto's final regular season game with Dawes out of the lineup. Dawes was back in the lineup as captain today in their 3-0 win.

Reactions: lindgren

Belisarius

Mar 24, 2018

I really hope we don't sign Madden yet he needs more time in the NCAA, but Hughes and Lockwood look set to sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Lockwood could be a Cogliano type who can play up and down the lineup. He's not afraid of getting his nose dirty so that bodes well.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Is Lockwood going to be a player? His scoring profile doesn't scream top-6, but his size doesn't scream bottom-6, either.

I think Lockwood is fast enough to be capable to at least play a Tyler Motte sorta role on an NHL team.

He's worth signing.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Lockwood is pretty abrasive, and if everything works out, he'll likely top out as a Hansen type 3rd liner. An ~15G scorer who plays a very fast + agressive game, and can play on your PK.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So wed have Boeser Lockwood Pearson Virtanen on the right side?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lockwood is pretty abrasive, and if everything works out, he'll likely top out as a Hansen type 3rd liner. An ~15G scorer who plays a very fast + agressive game, and can play on your PK.

Lockwood is fast and has a great scoring touch around the net. However, he is not aggressive anymore in a sense that he doesn seek contact like he used to. He changed the way he plays as he has now gone through 2 major shoulder injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad