Prospect Info: 2019 Prospects PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Sat May 4

OHL Finals

Guelph 3 Ottawa 4
DiPietro 7 saves on 9 shots (left with injury at 14:50 of the 1st)

Ottawa leads series 2-0

S_C

Reactions: lindgren

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
The Ottawa 67's are prepared to move on without Mikey DiPietro

"It was a bad news/good news scenario when coach Andre Tourigny updated DiPietro’s situation after he met with the club’s doctors Sunday. He’s listed as day-to-day with a first-degree high ankle sprain, which means there’s a good chance he’ll return this spring, but there’s no timetable.
The good news is it’s not a fracture and because of the degree of the sprain he isn’t going to be out four-to-six weeks, but it’s going to take time to heal and these types of ailments can be tricky, especially for a goalie because there’s so much foot work involved moving from post-to-post."

S_C

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Ugh high ankle sprains can take years to get back to 100% from. Royally f***ed both Booth and Schroeder's skating for 2 years each

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Ugh high ankle sprains can take years to get back to 100% from. Royally ****ed both Booth and Schroeder's skating for 2 years each
That’s because they likely had a 3rd degree sprain. Depietros is very mild. He will be fine

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Mikey DiPietro has made steps in the right direction, but he's doubtful for Game 6

excerpt:
“I don’t think so,” coach Andre Tourigny said when asked if there’s any chance for DiPietro Sunday? “This morning he didn’t take any shots. He’s skating and getting better, but I think we’re day-to-day, but not tomorrow unfortunately.”
Tourigny said it’s remarkable that DiPietro is back on skates and he looked pretty good.
“That’s unbelievable and it shows his will. He really wants to play and he really wants to push through but he’s got to be able to put some power in his leg and it’s not there yet,” Tourigny said.
But if there’s a Game 7 Monday at home then all bets are off.
“He will have to keep improving to go in that direction, but it’s possible,” said Tourigny.

S_C

Reactions: lindgren

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Has anyone heard about Juolevi's rehab or training schedule? Wonder if he's back to training already full time.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
I'm optimistic as well - but he'll need time. Unfortunately the article doesn't provide a lot of fresh insight.

That author is seriously misinformed.

"Juolevi’s shown outstanding progress every single year since he was drafted. His quick release, accurate point shot, hi-IQ passes, and smooth skating have consistently translated to each new level he’s played."

That statement would make sense if he was a top 4 dmen right now in the NHL, not struggling in the ahl.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
That author is seriously misinformed.

"Juolevi’s shown outstanding progress every single year since he was drafted. His quick release, accurate point shot, hi-IQ passes, and smooth skating have consistently translated to each new level he’s played."

That statement would make sense if he was a top 4 dmen right now in the NHL, not struggling in the ahl.

13 points in 18 AHL games wasn't exactly struggling either. He needs to round out his game, but a 20 year old rookie dman stepping in and producing right away is actually pretty impressive.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
13 points in 18 AHL games wasn't exactly struggling either. He needs to round out his game, but a 20 year old rookie dman stepping in and producing right away is actually pretty impressive.

How many even-strength points? What was his usage like? Was he physical defensively? Was he able to read and react defensively to different looks on the ice?

All anyone who blindly defends the player does is shout out 13 POINTS IN 18 GAMES!!!! Without any context. Anyone who watched him and explain the way he got those 13 point gets shouted down as just being negative.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Based on comments from Utica-watchers, a lot of those points were wracked up on the pp....five-on-five, the guy was mediocre and seemed to struggle with the pace of the AHL....and was a -12 when he went down with a season-ending knee injury.

I'm sure the Canucks are praying Juolevi comes to training camp and challenges for a spot in the NHL....but missing an entire season and coming back off injury, just can't see it happening.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Based on comments from Utica-watchers, a lot of those points were wracked up on the pp....five-on-five, the guy was mediocre and seemed to struggle with the pace of the AHL....and was a -12 when he went down with a season-ending knee injury.

I'm sure the Canucks are praying Juolevi comes to training camp and challenges for a spot in the NHL....but missing an entire season and coming back off injury, just can't see it happening.
As I recall, he had a chronic knee injury that finally became too painful to play through or showed no signs of improving on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad