Jasek 2 (Goldobin)

ECHL

Cincinnati 3 Kalamazoo 4 (OT)

NCAA

Holy Cross 2 Northeastern 2 (OT)
Madden 2 goals (1st, 2nd), even
McDonough 0 points, -1

Maine 3 Quinnipiac 4
Thiessen 3 saves on 6 shots (pulled at 7:02 of the 1st)

Lake Superior State 3 Michigan 4
Lockwood 0 points, even

Harvard 4 Dartmouth 2
Rathbone 1 goal (1st), 3 assists, even

OHL

North Bay 3 Flint 6
Keppen 1 goal (3rd), -1

Barrie 7 Sault Ste. Marie 4
Silovs 24 saves on 28 shots

S_C

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Sat Oct 19

AHL

Rochester 1 Utica 7
McIntyre 45 saves on 46 shots

Baertschi 2
Boucher 7 (Lind, Blujus)
Hamilton 1 (Boucher, Juolevi) (SH)
MacEwen 2 (Bailey)
Boucher 8 (Baertschi, Juolevi) (PP)
Goldobin 1 (Baertschi)
Jasek 2 (Goldobin)

ECHL

Cincinnati 3 Kalamazoo 4 (OT)

NCAA

Holy Cross 2 Northeastern 2 (OT)
Madden 2 goals (1st, 2nd), even
McDonough 0 points, -1

Maine 3 Quinnipiac 4
Thiessen 3 saves on 6 shots (pulled at 7:02 of the 1st)

Lake Superior State 3 Michigan 4
Lockwood 0 points, even

Harvard 4 Dartmouth 2
Rathbone 1 goal (1st), 3 assists, even

OHL

North Bay 3 Flint 6
Keppen 1 goal (3rd), -1

Barrie 7 Sault Ste. Marie 4
Silovs 24 saves on 28 shots

S_C

Silovs's numbers aren't very good, but neither are those of the guy he's competing with for starts. He's at .890, while Jet Greaves is at .849. They've pretty much alternated, Silovs with 6 games played, Greaves with 5.

It's good to see Madden get some points.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Juolevi continues to rack up the points. Remains to be seen whether he can play in the defensive zone competently but his offensive numbers in a fairly small sample size in the AHL even while recovering from a major injury are pretty impressive! 16 points in 23 games, if I'm reading it correctly.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Juolevi continues to rack up the points. Remains to be seen whether he can play in the defensive zone competently but his offensive numbers in a fairly small sample size in the AHL even while recovering from a major injury are pretty impressive! 16 points in 23 games, if I'm reading it correctly.

not sure if his points this year tell the tale. given how the comets are playing and the fact he gets pp1 time i am almost surprised he is not ppg.

i am more encouraged by some of the recent game reports on the guy from folks who have been critical in the past. need to see a bigger sample size of such reports though.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Jett Woo- October 18th

Carson Focht-October 18th

I thought Woo should have had an assist on Frocht’s goal. Also good to see Frocht a bit more, I was not high on that pick but it’s clear I think that he’s an at least above average skater, so hopefully he can be useful in some capacity. It’s his 20yr old season so he needs to produce at a high rate.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Not sure what you are looking at, butThe AHL standings and stats site has Juolevi at 3 pts in 5 games this season.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I think it's best to leave Utica's roster alone all year unless there are injuries, they can win a championship with that line-up.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
GODkolzin got a goal today, seems like he's producing more consistently at the VHL level in the last few games

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Haven't been following his development has he been good?

Not seen any full games, but from the videos that have been put on here, twitter, youtube etc, he seems to be playing better than his point production would suggest, he's looks like a really excellent forechecker, like......absolutely relentless, aggressive going to the net, good shot and is creating chances for his team-mates(which they dont very often take) one criticism I'd have of him is he does seem to have the blinkers on occasionally with the puck on his stick, he'll drive into traffic and end up losing possession, which he then normally wins back because he's like a Duracell Bunny

Reactions: canuckking1

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Also, Podkolzin will be in the Russia squad for the CHL/Russia series of games in November, so you guys in Canada will get the chance to see him up close & personal

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Anybody have that link to a thread about a poster on the nucks board who tracked there picks through stats and did better than the team?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I thought Woo should have had an assist on Frocht’s goal. Also good to see Frocht a bit more, I was not high on that pick but it’s clear I think that he’s an at least above average skater, so hopefully he can be useful in some capacity. It’s his 20yr old season so he needs to produce at a high rate.
Actually, Focht is close to having a legitimate NHL-caliber set of wheels right now. But went un-drafted after a couple of mediocre seasons in Tri-Cities. But turned his career and prospect status around after arriving in Calgary. Like Brett Leason before him, it took him some time to hit his stride in the WHL.

But hard to argue with this pick....a good gamble for a fifth round selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad