OT: 2019 Ottawa Festival and Concerts Thread

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Jazzfest lineup is pretty neat. Stoked to see Chicago. A proper horn band

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
That Algonquin Commons Theatre is a weird place to watch a show.

I saw I Mother Earth and Finger Eleven there. I thought it was odd, but the sound in that place was absolutely amazing. By far the best sounding concert I had been to in a long time.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
6 cancellations already for Bluesfest this year, glad I’m not going this time around

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Mustard, Colter Wall, Jessie Reyez, Elle King (hers made sense atleast), Gashi, forget the other

so no one that's a big name or anything... not like snoop or backstreet boys cancelling. i think you'd have a problem when its the big events that many, many, thousands plan to go to when they release the scheduled artists.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
so no one that's a big name or anything... not like snoop or backstreet boys cancelling. i think you'd have a problem when its the big events that many, many, thousands plan to go to when they release the scheduled artists.
Eh, the argument could be made that Jessie Reyez is a big one. And Elle King at least has some name recognition. But also, this is the risk you run in festival season. Cancellations happen. Injuries happen. Emergencies happen. Bluesfest might have some unhappy fans, but when so many cancellations have to come last minute I'm not sure it'd be fair to hold them accountable for things outside their control.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Eh, the argument could be made that Jessie Reyez is a big one. And Elle King at least has some name recognition. But also, this is the risk you run in festival season. Cancellations happen. Injuries happen. Emergencies happen. Bluesfest might have some unhappy fans, but when so many cancellations have to come last minute I'm not sure it'd be fair to hold them accountable for things outside their control.

Yeah, i guess. i know a couple of her songs. When i say big names, i figure, if you went down the street and asked people of all ages if they know who they are, they probably know who snoop dogg or the back street boys are, but have never heard of jessie reyez. Like i doubt she'll reach multiple grammy nominations type of success. That's what i mean by the big artists. Like when red hot chili peppers came, or when kiss came. I think its a much more serious issue when a band or artist of that level cancels.

like you said, events this long with this many artists will always have cancellations.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
On another note, my son saw Colin White, and Mark Stone and Turris are at Bluesfest. Colin White asked his friend where his beer was ( they are 17) and proceeded to chug his lol

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Mustard, Colter Wall, Jessie Reyez, Elle King (hers made sense atleast), Gashi, forget the other

Dang, I just heard some Colter Wall for the first time recently, would have liked to see him live.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Backstreet Boys going with the RedBlack jerseys last night for the encore instead of the Sens jerseys, interesting. Maybe the Euge is an NSync fan??

Certainly the smart play for anyone with their pulse on the city's current feelings.

Reactions: DrEasy

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think some of the other acts did too. I wonder how it works, do the concert organizers supply them with a jersey or do the bands choose??

[mod].

If I were a betting man I'd say neither.

Seems like a positive PR move by the Redblacks marketing team more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad