OT: 2019 Ottawa Festival and Concerts Thread

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think this will be the fourth year in a row I've started this thread.

On what might be the eve of the Bluesfest line up announcement, let's get things going:

Speculation on the Bluesfest line up?

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
A quick bump in anticipation of Bluesfest's lineup announcement tomorrow

Confirmed Acts according to a quick google search, please add and delete as needed:

The Backstreet Boys
Eric Church
Jason Isbell/ The 400 Unit
Colter Wall

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Jason Isbell is going to be fantastic. I can't wait. Cumberland Gap is one of my favourite new-to-me songs.

I've seen speculation of Taking Back Sunday and I'm really hoping that's true. They've been on my bucket list since Louder Now came out.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Jason Isbell is going to be fantastic. I can't wait. Cumberland Gap is one of my favourite new-to-me songs.

I've seen speculation of Taking Back Sunday and I'm really hoping that's true. They've been on my bucket list since Louder Now came out.

Im not familiar with the later two on my listing but will check out the track you mentioned, seems to me we had much more speculation and rumours in the past on these threads, I assume it is the Eugene factor which has dramatically lowered the interactions on this board imo.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Im not familiar with the later two on my listing but will check out the track you mentioned, seems to me we had much more speculation and rumours in the past on these threads, I assume it is the Eugene factor which has dramatically lowered the interactions on this board imo.
I'd also recommend If We Were Vampires. One of the most hauntingly beautiful songs I've heard recently.

And – agreed. It feels like this year's been low on speculation. Buddy Guy seems to come up frequently, but that's about all I've heard.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
There are some good bands in there, but not enough to justify a full pass this year.

I'm going to probably check out a day or 2.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Absolutely devastated that Taking Back Sunday is playing on the 6th. The only day I can't make it, due to a wedding.
Where do the have the days and acts per day listed?? On the Bluesfest website its just a big poster with nowhere to navigate. Curios because I would like to buy a pass, but have no idea what or who is part of Tier 1 and Tier 2.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Where do the have the days listed?? On the Bluesfest website its just a big poster.
I believe it was a reply on the Facebook announcement. For posterity, here's what I've seen:

July 4 - Abigail Lapell, Charlotte Cardin, CHVRCHES, First Aid Kit, Kelly Sloan, Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul, Marie-Clo, Nao, Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar, Steve Poltz, U.S. Girls
July 5 - AJ Ghent, Anthony Geraci, Colter Wall, Eric Church, Gabrielle Goulet, Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit, Little Walter Tribute, Melanie Brulée, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Yungblud
July 6 - Children of Indigo, Dawn Tyler Watson, KALLITECHNIS, Lou Doillon, Moscow Apartment, No Mistakes in Space, PUP, Rebecca Noelle, Renée Landry, Taking Back Sunday, The Beths, The Glorious Sons, This Is The Kit
July 7 - Ashley MacIsaac, Bad Child, Elisapie, Future States, James, Justin Saladino, Mike McKenna Jr., Moonfruits, Mustard, Outside I'm a Giant, River City Junction, The Killers, The Proven Ones, The Psychedelic Furs, William Prince
July 8 - CLOSED
July 9 - Buddy Guy, Connan Mockasin, Gashi, Kygo, Lennon Stella, Scary Bear Soundtrack, Sue Foley, The Kim Pollard Band, The Trews
July 10 - Crook The Kid, Elle King, Ellie Gadzos, GARÇONS, Jessie Reyez, Logic, The Devil Makes Three, The Sheepdogs, Yonatan Gat & The Eastern Medicine Singers, Ziggy Alberts
July 11 - Abby Stewart, Brandon "Taz" Niederauer, Brea Lawrenson, David Vest, DJ Pauly D, Gavin McLeod, Gone West Feat. Colbie Caillat, Kane Brown, Leikeli47, Murda Beatz, Shakey Graves
July 12 - Alexisonfire, Area Resident, BlakDenim, Busty and The Bass, Guided By Voices, Loon Choir, The Dirty Nil, The Offspring, T-Pain
July 13 - After Funk, Cartel Madras, Del Hartley, Ikirezi, K'Naan, Matt Andersen & the Mellotones, Pokey LaFarge, p***y Riot, Snoop Dogg, Southern Avenue, The Sorority, U.N. Jefferson, Wu-Tang Clan, YUKA
July 14 - America, Backstreet Boys, Durham County Poets, Francesco Yates, HOROJO Trio, Kyle Ivan, Mia Kelly, Silent Winters, Sugaray Rayford, Vi

Reactions: StupendousFlow

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No must sees for me this year, wouldn't mind seeing Eric Church but nothing else on that day interests me. Will see what's added and subtracted as we approach the festival opening date.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I believe it was a reply on the Facebook announcement. For posterity, here's what I've seen:

July 4 - Abigail Lapell, Charlotte Cardin, CHVRCHES, First Aid Kit, Kelly Sloan, Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul, Marie-Clo, Nao, Samantha Martin & Delta Sugar, Steve Poltz, U.S. Girls
July 5 - AJ Ghent, Anthony Geraci, Colter Wall, Eric Church, Gabrielle Goulet, Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit, Little Walter Tribute, Melanie Brulée, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Yungblud
July 6 - Children of Indigo, Dawn Tyler Watson, KALLITECHNIS, Lou Doillon, Moscow Apartment, No Mistakes in Space, PUP, Rebecca Noelle, Renée Landry, Taking Back Sunday, The Beths, The Glorious Sons, This Is The Kit
July 7 - Ashley MacIsaac, Bad Child, Elisapie, Future States, James, Justin Saladino, Mike McKenna Jr., Moonfruits, Mustard, Outside I'm a Giant, River City Junction, The Killers, The Proven Ones, The Psychedelic Furs, William Prince
July 8 - CLOSED
July 9 - Buddy Guy, Connan Mockasin, Gashi, Kygo, Lennon Stella, Scary Bear Soundtrack, Sue Foley, The Kim Pollard Band, The Trews
July 10 - Crook The Kid, Elle King, Ellie Gadzos, GARÇONS, Jessie Reyez, Logic, The Devil Makes Three, The Sheepdogs, Yonatan Gat & The Eastern Medicine Singers, Ziggy Alberts
July 11 - Abby Stewart, Brandon "Taz" Niederauer, Brea Lawrenson, David Vest, DJ Pauly D, Gavin McLeod, Gone West Feat. Colbie Caillat, Kane Brown, Leikeli47, Murda Beatz, Shakey Graves
July 12 - Alexisonfire, Area Resident, BlakDenim, Busty and The Bass, Guided By Voices, Loon Choir, The Dirty Nil, The Offspring, T-Pain
July 13 - After Funk, Cartel Madras, Del Hartley, Ikirezi, K'Naan, Matt Andersen & the Mellotones, Pokey LaFarge, ***** Riot, Snoop Dogg, Southern Avenue, The Sorority, U.N. Jefferson, Wu-Tang Clan, YUKA
July 14 - America, Backstreet Boys, Durham County Poets, Francesco Yates, HOROJO Trio, Kyle Ivan, Mia Kelly, Silent Winters, Sugaray Rayford, Vi
Thanks for this.

Looks like there are still some big acts that haven't been announced. the 4th and the 6th look quite underwhelming, other than Taking Back Sunday, same with the 9, 10 and 11th. Maybe that's just me though, nothing those nights are of real interest to me.

Man, I miss the days when presale lasted two weeks and it was only $99.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wish they put The Killers and Chvrches on the same night. That would have been a perfect pair for me. I'll probably just go see Chvrches. Maybe I'll go to Wu Tang but I dunno what their current line up looks like.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Chvrches was pretty good last time around but man have they stagnated since then. Hopefully they stick to their early stuff.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Disappointing as a hip hop fan. Seems like they've been scared off hip hop since the Migos concert. 5ish years ago they were insane, Kanye, Chance, Action Bronson, Childish Gambino, etc in the span of two years.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This a .44 caliber love letter straight from my heart
What a tune. It looks to be on the weekend so I will be free to enjoy a casual daytime 12 pack and then walk on down from my house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad