OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
One of my friends might have been on that Ethiopian Airlines flight that crashed en route to Nairobi. No news from him all day and one of the people in his group has been confirmed as a passenger on that flight.

I just feel sick watching news come in and not knowing what to expect, I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
One of my friends might have been on that Ethiopian Airlines flight that crashed en route to Nairobi. No news from him all day and one of the people in his group has been confirmed as a passenger on that flight.

I just feel sick watching news come in and not knowing what to expect, I can't even begin to imagine what his family is going through
That sucks. Hope he's OK.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Thats dreadful....I hope he/she is safe...Travelling on airlines in third world countries scares the shit out of me.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I don't know shit about planes but I was reading up about how the failure rate for that specific model could be as high as 1%.

That's honestly asinine.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Thanks you guys, sorry for making things heavy here, I just don't really have anywhere else to let it out.

and yeah @Zombotron we went to VIU together in the first nations studies program, he'd been doing some awesome stuff over the last year with BC Parks and I'd been thinking a lot about all of the exciting opportunities to work with him in advocacy in the future and where his career might take him. Just an incredible guy, one of those stupidly charismatic types who's impossible to dislike and just had that spark and passion about everything he did

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
@Hansen

Sorry to hear man. That’s a tough loss.

The only thing I can suggest is to not be afraid to let our your emotions to friends and family. Don’t be afraid to speak to a professional as well.

Last July 1st - a good friend of mine revealed to me on skype that he had stage 4 cancer and wanted to thank me for all the good times. He passed away a month and a half later and had a wife and kid. DJ was only 38 years old.

A few days later on July 5th, my girlfriend of two years dumped me and I learned about a week later that she was really only with me for my passport.

Why I mention this is to not depress you or steal attention away from you, but to rather offer words of encouragement that you WILL feel better. It will take some time, but time heals all wounds.

Don’t be afraid to open up to friends, family, and even a professional, and take solace in the fact that you will feel good again one day (one word of caution about feeling good.....healing isn’t a linear process. You will trend upwards slowly, but there are peaks and valleys on a day to day basis).

Best of luck.

Reactions: Nomobo

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
That's terrible Hansen, just know you can talk to your HF family about anything. May his soul rest in eternal peace.

It's insane, my dad was on that exact flight a few weeks earlier.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I (presumably) studied in the same building as him, too. Had no links to FNAT so I didn't know him but feels bad nonetheless.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
F1 qualifying tonight, and a new season begins. Let’s go Charles Leclerc,Kimi Raikkonen and Danny Ric!

So pumped for this season, so many storylines. Is Ferrari truly ahead of Mercedes in development, will Leclerc be faster than Vettel. Danny Ric vs Hulkenberg, is the Hulk a top driver who’s talents have been buried by an underperforming team. Can Honda take Red Bull to the next level, and so much more. Australian Grand Prix this weekend.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
F1 qualifying tonight, and a new season begins. Let’s go Charles Leclerc,Kimi Raikkonen and Danny Ric!

So pumped for this season, so many storylines. Is Ferrari truly ahead of Mercedes in development, will Leclerc be faster than Vettel. Danny Ric vs Hulkenberg, is the Hulk a top driver who’s talents have been buried by an underperforming team. Can Honda take Red Bull to the next level, and so much more. Australian Grand Prix this weekend.

So many storylines but in the end Verstappen will win

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County

I would always drive around the track at Albert Park (Melbourne) every year. They put up the stands and barriers and all that but leave it open for traffic leading up to the event. Didn't get to go as fast as Ricciardo though.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
I would always drive around the track at Albert Park (Melbourne) every year. They put up the stands and barriers and all that but leave it open for traffic leading up to the event. Didn't get to go as fast as Ricciardo though.
That’s really cool, have you ever watched the race live?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Can't wait! So thankful the race begins in the early evening for me, which may as well be primetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad