OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Never been, but have thought about it. Only problem is I like to travel in September and a place like Thailand tends to get a lot of rain during that month. Chiang Mai is a place I've been interested in, as well as Ubud.

Yeah, those months, SEA is very hot. October to Feb is the rainy season I think?

I would highly reccomend Japan. Fantastic culture, great good, super nice people and just a totally different culture. Really fun.

Singapore in September would be really fun. I am actually going this year. I am going to watch the Formula 1 Grand Prix in September from 20-22. It is hot AF and HUMID af around this time though.

If you have already been to most other contintents, I would reccomend Asia. I have been to every contintent (other than Antarctica) and Asia is the most fun for me, anyway.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yeah, those months, SEA is very hot. October to Feb is the rainy season I think?

I would highly reccomend Japan. Fantastic culture, great good, super nice people and just a totally different culture. Really fun.

Singapore in September would be really fun. I am actually going this year. I am going to watch the Formula 1 Grand Prix in September from 20-22. It is hot AF and HUMID af around this time though.

If you have already been to most other contintents, I would reccomend Asia. I have been to every contintent (other than Antarctica) and Asia is the most fun for me, anyway.

Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind and I'll give you a shout when I decide to go to Asia.

My goal is to go to every continent (including Antarctica) as I think that would be a cool accomplishment. I'm an explorer and I like seeing the world and experiencing different things.

What are you thoughts on Africa?

Hyzer

Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind and I'll give you a shout when I decide to go to Asia.

My goal is to go to every continent (including Antarctica) as I think that would be a cool accomplishment. I'm an explorer and I like seeing the world and experiencing different things.

What are you thoughts on Africa?

You should buy a cork board and buy a laminated map. I use push pins and label all the places/capitals i've been too around the world.

Africa is fantastic. The people there are probably the nicest in the world. So very caring and genuinely friendly people.

I have been to Tanzania and Kenya for months at a time. I was very young when I went (5 or 6) so I don't remember most of it. My close family members went back just in January and they still loved it. I would recommend staying away from the central part (Chad, Libya, Congo), but most of the developed African countries are very beautiful and safe: Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa, Madagascar, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Nigeria, Ivory Coast.

For sure, I have been to Asia a few times and have been to Japan, China and Hong Kong.

I am actually going on a trip in September to Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan so I am excited for that. I actually broke my leg and was supposed to go on this trip on Wednesday but had to cancel. RIP :ha:

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Hyzer

Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
You're gonna see my guy Seb Vettel **** himself out of another championship! Cool!

I used to be the biggest Massa fan in the world back in the day, even wearing all of his Ferrari merch :naughty:.

I'm glad to see you're a Ferrari man as well:D

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Is it just me or does Weisbrod totally seem like the type who would have secret burner accounts for twitter and other main commentary hubs

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
100iku.jpg

member 290103

Hard to believe that movie is about 35 years old. I *think* I saw it at the old Capital 6 movie theater.

Miss that theatre. I don't know why....maybe I just miss when I was not fat and old, which was when that theatre was around.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Miss that theatre. I don't know why....maybe I just miss when I was not fat and old, which was when that theatre was around.
Did you also watch a number of movies for the price of one admission? Ahhhhhhhh, the good old days. Sneaking into my first R rated movie (Saturday Night Fever) when I wasn't even a teenager LOL.

member 290103

Did you also watch a number of movies for the price of one admission? Ahhhhhhhh, the good old days. Sneaking into my first R rated movie (Saturday Night Fever) when I wasn't even a teenager LOL.

I did get kicked out of the movie, "Raw Deal" with Arnold Schwarzenneger. They were quite pleased to find us and kick us out. Little did they know, they did us a favour. Never watched a number of movies for one price - may try that now though. Good tip. :)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I did get kicked out of the movie, "Raw Deal" with Arnold Schwarzenneger. They were quite pleased to find us and kick us out. Little did they know, they did us a favour. Never watched a number of movies for one price - may try that now though. Good tip. :)
Well back that I don't recall them staggering the times of the movies to prevent that from happening. Plus unless you're under 13 (which I was), it's hardly like they're going to arrest you (though I guess they MIGHT have). Just do what the "kids" do today to see movies:

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
My personal belief is that Ricciardo felt Verstappen has more say when it comes to the development of the car. He will have a bigger voice with Renault, but the real determining factor in if it was a good decision to move will be how the cars are with the new regulation changes in 2021. Renault may have more of an idea of how the changes will effect the cars being an engine manufacturer. Similar to when Hamilton joined Mercedes and everyone thought it was crazy when Maclearn was such a better car under the previous regulations.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
My personal belief is that Ricciardo felt Verstappen has more say when it comes to the development of the car. He will have a bigger voice with Renault, but the real determining factor in if it was a good decision to move will be how the cars are with the new regulation changes in 2021. Renault may have more of an idea of how the changes will effect the cars being an engine manufacturer. Similar to when Hamilton joined Mercedes and everyone thought it was crazy when Maclearn was such a better car under the previous regulations.
I hope you’re right cause there’s no hope of him doing anything at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->