OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In really lousy news, GoCanucksGo’s YouTube channel is being / has been shut down by Sportsnet. :( That channel was a gold mine for highlights of both the current and vintage varieties. Damn shame that Rogers has to go and ruin it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sportsnet should be hiring someone like that, not shutting them down.

Or not even sportsnet, just someone. The Canucks. Even the NHL.

Alex Rodriguez talks about this on his podcast “The Corp”, and the MLB shutting down kids just like that - instead of shutting them down, hire them because they are helping promote your sport to the masses.

Or don’t even hire them, what are they getting from it, really? A little bit of subscriber money? NHL/MLB benefit a lot more from these kids helping push their product for them and they aren’t even on their payroll to do it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Alex Rodriguez talks about this on his podcast “The Corp”, and the MLB shutting down kids just like that - instead of shutting them down, hire them because they are helping promote your sport to the masses.

Or don’t even hire them, what are they getting from it, really? A little bit of subscriber money? NHL/MLB benefit a lot more from these kids helping push their product for them and they aren’t even on their payroll to do it.
Great post.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Oban > Macallan 25

Scotch - highland Park 18 (15 is close)

I love Nikka 12

But my favourite (I’m a bourbon Guy)

Four Roses Single Barrell I won’t go into specific mash bills. If you want something similar much more affordable Small Batch. Is delicious as wel.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

A thousand times this. Just a really short sighted decision.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Judging by how poorly sportsnet's channels are run it's understandable why they would feel intimidated.

The design of the 640 site is so f***ing trash it actually turns me away from listening to their content.

NHL too, just because it looks sleek doesn't mean it's better.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Laws are laws, people MUST respect them. I got no problem with any of this :nod:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Laws are laws, people MUST respect them. I got no problem with any of this :nod:

Yes he’s breaking copyright law but the bigger picture is the benefit the league is getting from this; killing off a kids YouTube channel where he’s showing hi lights of your sport is stupid; he’s giving you free advertisement; instead of suing him to shut it down why not take a percentage of his money he makes that way you have another distribution channel that you don’t have any cost from as this kid is doing all the work?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
B2M is drunk time to get your questions in

And yes I will get away with it :yo:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’ll be allowed to change my username on March 22nd. Here are some ideas that I had:

-Bollywood Burrows
-Bollywood Brock Boeser
-Bollywood Bonino
-Mahatma Tanti
-Dhalsim
-BenningBro
-The Brown Knight
-The Dark Indian Rises
-Sidney McGretzky
-Mchindustan Bovinderji
-Michael Jackson

What do you guys think? Any ideas? What would you go with?

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002

Or market on his channel... Like a 5 second black screen thanking Sportsnet for the right to use the footage with a link to the latest Rogers promotion or something, before the videos start. It's free marketing... Justify allowing the kid to use copyrighted content as a marketing expense.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Or market on his channel... Like a 5 second black screen thanking Sportsnet for the right to use the footage with a link to the latest Rogers promotion or something, before the videos start. It's free marketing... Justify allowing the kid to use copyrighted content as a marketing expense.

Yeah seriously. Even make him drop in a Rogers ad or something. Shutting him down entirely seems stupid, but that’s corporations.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
We have no thread on this board for the Vancouver Giants, but one for a “sport” where the only sweat generated is from cotton pants stuck to pleather seats?! Un EFFING believable.
I'll be honest, I haven't followed the team at all since their move (I understand there reasons for the relocation; but it's too far out from where I live [under WTG's bed] for me to go attend any of their games.

dim jim is a ****img moron, why do people on here not agree?

He’s immature af and acts like he knows everything.
Is it possible to get an infraction for a person attack on oneself?:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad