OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I'm a data nerd. Spent the last ten years on data architecture, development, integration, cleansing, analysis, etc.

There has been a high demand in baseball for people with my skills. I would be helping the operations dept with all the data they get from various sources and making sense of it all.

I wish I had a story for ya but it really isn't something I'd been angling for or anything. The reds posted a job posting and I applied. I do have a bit of an edge because I used to do part time work for baseball prospectus, which is an analytics website that has produced a ton of talent that has gone on to write for high profile publications or work for major league teams. Putting that on my resume was a definite help but really it was like any other job, I just applied.

They are supposed to pick their top 2 or 3 and fly them out to Cincy next week for the in person interview so if I even get that far I'll be pretty happy.

That is seriously cool. Congrats.

Perhaps you can convince them that trading two excellent prospects for a year - when they have zero chance of making the postseason - of Yasiel Puig and replacement-level Matt Kemp is maybe not the best idea.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So anyone been to Iceland?

A buddy and I are debating a trip somewhere this year and he wants to do Iceland but I’m leaning towards japan.

Anyone know what there is to do in Iceland?

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008

A buddy and I are debating a trip somewhere this year and he wants to do Iceland but I’m leaning towards japan.

Never been but I’ve had friends go. It’s very nature oriented. Also very expensive (especially if you like to drink)

If you want a trip built around the outdoors do it lots of cool stuff to see. If you want to be in a city partying might want to think about else where.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

I wonder if Team Iceland's head coach would be interested in coaching the Canucks?

89e452bcd14e98ba228c97262e24e2eb_crop_exact.jpg

I can tell you there would be instant retaliation if anybody so much as breathes on EP in the future!:sarcasm:

Reactions: xtra

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I wonder if Team Iceland's head coach would be interested in coaching the Canucks?

89e452bcd14e98ba228c97262e24e2eb_crop_exact.jpg

I can tell you there would be instant retaliation if anybody so much as breathes on EP in the future!:sarcasm:

I would rather have the smash brothers and a guy with some rope.

I may look into the trainer, or tutor of his team though.

Reactions: Hit the post

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
My mother in law found this hat for me. I was quite surprised to see the logo embroidered with a green outline (the way it should be!)

I don't think I've ever seen it this way on official merchandise before...? And I like it so much more... on a blue background, you actually have Vancouver colors rather than Tampa/Toronto.

19038568-5E4A-4F02-8F5F-FD89AC149CDC_zpslsmke92o.jpg

14372F52-7533-45C9-B7E4-A58C351BF431_zpsk2cd6nll.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We are less than two weeks away from hosting the Montreal Canadiens Alumni in Kitimat. I’ve been invited to play on their team during the game (time to get the puck off my stick as fast as possible...). They’re bringing Steve Shutt, Chris Nilan, Richard Sevigny, Patrice Brisebois, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Lucien Deblois, Oleg Petrov, Pierre Dagenais, Jesse Belanger, Jocelyn Lemieux and Brian Skrudland. They’ll be running a minor hockey camp for almost 300 kids the day before the big game, too. Hopefully this is as big of a success as the Canuck Alumni game was last year (we raised just about $21,000 for community non profits with that one).

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Best of luck to you. I find good players make you look better than you are.

It already sounds like it will be a great success, just giving 300 kids a chance to learn is a win.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Best of luck to you. I find good players make you look better than you are.

It already sounds like it will be a great success, just giving 300 kids a chance to learn is a win.

It’s been an ordeal to organize, that’s for sure, but the payoff should be sweet - in addition to the kids hockey camp, they’re doing a coach clinic for our local minor hockey coaches, and then of course the game, which we are hoping sells out. They’re playing against a team of local police and firefighters.

member 290103

Pathetic game by Goff and the Rams offense. One of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I had no idea that Tom Brady was still playing, I suppose I live in a hockey bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad