Speculation: 2019 offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not a surprising response given you admitted to being happy that the team lost to Boston so Bob didn’t get credit, rooting against the team you’re such a fan of.

I have said nothing about “good” or “bad” Bob at all, by the way.

"Hilarious" coming from you. "Rooting against the team you're such a fan of".....Please.

Was just gonna make an avatar joke, but just now realized what you've changed it to. Should I say, not a surprise we're having these talks and why you continue to defend "Shower Bob". Before next season go back to the bag over your head, but change the logo on the jersey to a Titanic logo, not the CBJ logo. Where does the boiled, baked, fried joke come from and what is the meaning? 3 years in a row going on 4. I'll say it, I'M A TRUE FAN.

Happy the team didn't go far, because all the credit would go to the Russian's and Duchene and we'd be going through all this same shit anyway. Nobody gives a flying f*** about beating TB at this point. Happy the TEAM (that's going to be here) can prove how good THEY ARE. Sorry I'm not afraid of speaking how I truly feel about players that shouldn't be on the team or get credit for the teams success.

M-CBJ-G-A

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
"Hilarious" coming from you. "Rooting against the team you're such a fan of".....Please.

Was just gonna make an avatar joke, but just now realized what you've changed it to. Should I say, not a surprise we're having these talks and why you continue to defend "Shower Bob". Before next season go back to the bag over your head, but change the logo on the jersey to a Titanic logo, not the CBJ logo. Where does the boiled, baked, fried joke come from and what is the meaning? 3 years in a row going on 4. I'll say it, I'M A TRUE FAN.

Happy the team didn't go far, because all the credit would go to the Russian's and Duchene and we'd be going through all this same **** anyway. Nobody gives a flying **** about beating TB at this point. Happy the TEAM (that's going to be here) can prove how good THEY ARE. Sorry I'm not afraid of speaking how I truly feel about players that shouldn't be on the team or get credit for the teams success.

M-CBJ-G-A

True fans are happy their team loses in the playoffs because they don’t want and credit placed at the feet of its top players. You’d rather be right than celebrating a championship. What a fan.

At least when I post negative things I always follow up with the hope I’m wrong. And I truly do hope I’m wrong when I say these things. I’m in

I’ll be a shitty fan all day if that’s the credentials. You claim to be such a great supporter of the team, and me so bad, yet you’re worse than I am. At least when I say my negative thoughts I follow up with the hope to be wrong. Hilarious.

Last edited:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Skinner is a big loss for UFA. Dude can score, and can control and set up plays more than I think some give him credit for. Its possible BUF gave him a bit extra for him to sign so early. I don't see Duchene getting more.

If anybody cares, here's my wish list of what I believe would be useful AND realistic players.

1)Duchene 2) Eberle 3) Nyquist 4) Lee ------- 5) Zuccarello 6) Ferland 7) Connolly ---------
8) Tynan 9) Brassard 10) Hayes 11) C.Wilson ----------- 12) Dzingel 13) Donskoi 14)Panik --------- 15)Filppula 16) Simmonds

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Skinner is a big loss for UFA. Dude can score, and can control and set up plays more than I think some give him credit for. Its possible BUF gave him a bit extra for him to sign so early. I don't see Duchene getting more.

If anybody cares, here's my wish list of what I believe would be useful AND realistic players.

1)Duchene 2) Eberle 3) Nyquist 4) Lee ------- 5) Zuccarello 6) Ferland 7) Connolly ---------
8) Tynan 9) Brassard 10) Hayes 11) C.Wilson ----------- 12) Dzingel 13) Donskoi 14)Panik --------- 15)Filppula 16) Simmonds

tynan ahead of brassard, hayes, and Simmonds?

what a joke. :laugh:

sure he put up PPG numbers in the A last season but there's a reason he has only played in 3 NHL games since turning pro in April of 2013.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Wasn't sure where to put this as its not really offseason related. But I love these mic'd up videos.

Duchene calling Dubois "Dubi" and Dubinsky correcting him on who Dubi was made me laugh.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone who watched that still want to trade Savvy and Boone for Kadri and Johnsson? Those are key guys in the room.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade for an important upgrade, I just think with that proposal we'd be giving up a lot of character for little to no talent upgrade.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Does anyone who watched that still want to trade Savvy and Boone for Kadri and Johnsson? Those are key guys in the room.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade for an important upgrade, I just think with that proposal we'd be giving up a lot of character for little to no talent upgrade.

I'd rather have key guys on the ice.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

:dunno: I think Kadri's a heck of a player - he routinely shoots in that 12-14% range, so give him more ice time and I'd bet he'd be back to at or near 30 goals. It's the Johnsson-for-Jenner part of that proposal I find problematic.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
:dunno: I think Kadri's a heck of a player - he routinely shoots in that 12-14% range, so give him more ice time and I'd bet he'd be back to at or near 30 goals. It's the Johnsson-for-Jenner part of that proposal I find problematic.

Playing mainly on Kadri's line (according to the Leafs fan above) Johnsson put up .6 ppg to Boone's .5. He's a year younger and only completed one full NHL season. I get Jenner's heart & soul impact but if it was a 2 for 2 deal only I'd take it to gain Kadri and solve a big weakness in the Jackets lineup, Jarmo's continuing belief in Wennie notwithstanding.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I would think that management views Jenner as a core player and huge locker room guy. He's a steady 35-40 points guy who plays the gritty style of hockey that the current coach likes.

He's certainly not an untouchable, but I'd have to think that the front office would demand more points coming back than Jenner is likely to put up due to intangibles/other considerations.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would think that management views Jenner as a core player and huge locker room guy. He's a steady 35-40 points guy who plays the gritty style of hockey that the current coach likes.

He's certainly not an untouchable, but I'd have to think that the front office would demand more points coming back than Jenner is likely to put up due to intangibles/other considerations.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking, and why I find that particular part a bit touchy. It's also nice that Jenner can quickly and competently slot in at C whenever injuries (or suspensions ;) ) occur.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yeah, this is what I was thinking, and why I find that particular part a bit touchy. It's also nice that Jenner can quickly and competently slot in at C whenever injuries (or suspensions ;) ) occur.
Your correct ... I would go as far as to say that Foligno will be moved before Boone would . As for Kadri, if Duchene doesn’t resign , I could see Savard moved for Kadri. There is no way in heck Jarmo will go into next season depending on Boone or Wennberg to be our #2 C .

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'd rather have key guys on the ice.

How much "weight" do you put in the CBJ's PK unit ranked leaguewide this past year and how much Jenner and Savard played on it?

Good PK= Meh
Bad PP= FIRE SOMEBODY

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Playing mainly on Kadri's line (according to the Leafs fan above) Johnsson put up .6 ppg to Boone's .5. He's a year younger and only completed one full NHL season. I get Jenner's heart & soul impact but if it was a 2 for 2 deal only I'd take it to gain Kadri and solve a big weakness in the Jackets lineup, Jarmo's continuing belief in Wennie notwithstanding.

This literally doesn't make sense. What "big weakness" does Johnsson solve on the CBJ?

Kadri would literally be filling the EXACT role and hole that would open up by moving Jenner, and it wouldn't change Wennberg's role in any way. Jenner isn't a worse player than Kadri in any way. We need to find a way to get Kadri, without losing Jenner or Savard. No use or need for Johnsson in ANY way.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
All I'm going to say is "30 goal Jenner" was not a fluke. Its because of USAGE. Was put as a top line/top 6 winger and ASKED TO SCORE. With added defensive responsibility, comes just that, MORE defense and LESS offense. I think he's easily a 45-50 point scorer with more offensive opportunities or less defensive responsibility. In his "prime" right now and could be easily looked at as a two way #2C on MANY teams, like Kadri and Dubinsky of the past.

Before Duchene, who WAS the teams 2c? And not just last year.

Let me guess, Wennberg? Or is this the whole perception vs reality thing, again?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
On NHL radio tonight the strong speculation is that Duchene is actually headed back to Ottawa. That it wast the expectation all along and that he and his wife love it there and he want's to be a leader of a young team. I don't recall the guys name but someone out of Montreal. He indicated this is floating in multiple circles. He also pretty much ruled out Nashville without Turris getting moved (and that no one wants that contract) along with other moves. Says no chance in hell Montreal is getting a look.

Just passing it along. We'll learn a lot more this week I'm sure... Once the final is over, the gates will open.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
On NHL radio tonight the strong speculation is that Duchene is actually headed back to Ottawa. That it wast the expectation all along and that he and his wife love it there and he want's to be a leader of a young team. I don't recall the guys name but someone out of Montreal. He indicated this is floating in multiple circles. He also pretty much ruled out Nashville without Turris getting moved (and that no one wants that contract) along with other moves. Says no chance in hell Montreal is getting a look.

Just passing it along. We'll learn a lot more this week I'm sure... Once the final is over, the gates will open.
I still can't believe he'd go back to Ottawa. That team isn't winning anytime soon and it was widely reported he turned down a big contract to stay because he wanted to play for a winner. He's not going to taste playoff success and then go back to a team not making the playoffs in the near future.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Probably some guy from Ottawa? They said the same thing about EK. "He wants to go back because his wife likes it there".

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This literally doesn't make sense. What "big weakness" does Johnsson solve on the CBJ?

Kadri would literally be filling the EXACT role and hole that would open up by moving Jenner, and it wouldn't change Wennberg's role in any way. Jenner isn't a worse player than Kadri in any way. We need to find a way to get Kadri, without losing Jenner or Savard. No use or need for Johnsson in ANY way.
Johnsson is a good scoring LW, so he would definitely be welcome. Just not in exchange for Jenner, who's that and much more besides.

And Kadri is consistently a better scorer than Jenner - he's got a better shooting percentage and thus more goals with similar ice time and usage scenarios. But I want to keep Jenner regardless; he's massively useful. I don't particularly want to give up Savard, either, but that at least is an even exchange.

If it makes you feel any better, at one point Leafs fans were campaigning for Kadri to be a Selkie finalist - and they kind of had a point at the time.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That fan was either ignorant or lying, Johnsson spent sixfold the time playing with Matthews, and about 50% more time with Tavares. Kadri was not a common linemate. Boone by contrast spent the entire season playing with checking forwards. I think Johnsson is a good player, he might not need great linemates to produce, but he hasn't had the chance to prove that yet.

Reactions: EspenK

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I've been thinking Ottawa has a real chance to get him back. He's a small town Ontario guy, and still wants to live that way. Maybe he got his taste of playoff success and is ready to go home now, with family being priority #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad