NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They will be like the Hurricanes of the past, shit start to the season and then win a bunch of meaningless games down the stretch to ensure they pick outside the top 3.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Awful. Guy just can't catch a break. He looked like he was in great shape too.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
morey is such a ****bag

Get ready for more GOAT topics on ESPN and FS1. I'm sure they have been waiting for an excuse to do so and now Morey is giving it to them. It will go something like this..

"How can you say Harden is a better scorer than MJ? MJ is the GOAT 6-0 in the Finals!"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Kobe is the best scorer I've ever seen!"

"Now hold on here, LeBron is the GOAT I don't care bout Jordan or Kobe!"

Then somewhere down the line....

"Yeah this topic was about Harden right?"

"Who cares about him Jordan is the GOAT!"

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Harden is a great scorer who'll likely never win anything, kinda like Melo or McGrady.

Controversial take but I tend to think Kobe would have had a similar career to these guys if Charlotte never traded him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
morey is such a ****bag

tenor.png

He forgot that Jordan did 30+ PPG 8 times to Harden's 2, or Jordans 10 scoring titles to Harden's 2.

& hey what about that time Harden went 0-14 in the playoffs? Harden averaged 30+ PPG in the playoffs this yuear for the first time..... Jordan did that in every playoff except one.

Morey :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Reactions: Wrigley

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, not sure Kobe has the same success if he had ever played in Charlotte. I think if he stays there after the draft he leaves as a free agent at the 1st opportunity,

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Morey is just trying to increase the hype behind James Harden and increase his confidence/support in him after a somewhat tumultuous offseason.

If you ask Darryl Morey, gun to his head, who you're picking to score you one basket down 99-98 with 15 seconds left, he's not going to pick James Harden over Michael Jordan lol.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Kobe Bryant's birthday today. He's 41. Question for everyone is he a top 10 player all time? For me he barely gets in to my top 10 all time.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, not sure Kobe has the same success if he had ever played in Charlotte. I think if he stays there after the draft he leaves as a free agent at the 1st opportunity,

He absolutely leaves no question. If he was demanding a trade from the Lakers when he was still in his late 20's then there's no way he sticks around in Charlotte, and considering the Hornets poor ability to build around/keep talent, he likely demands a trade after year 3 or 4.

Interestingly enough, there's been a narrative going around Charlotte sports media for years that Kobe didn't want to play here and demanded a trade. Kobe himself however has said that he was looking forward to playing with Larry Johnson (who would end up getting traded before the 1996-97 season got started) and under Dave Cowens. But Cowens personally called Kobe on draft night to tell Kobe that the team didn't need him and they were trading him for Vlade Divac. Divac by the way was here only 2 years, and became a big part of those Kings teams in the early 00's.

So yeah, Charlotte in the NBA is a launching pad and a rest stop for players looking to better their careers. The high watermark still remains Alonzo Mourning vs Boston in 1993.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Kobe Bryant's birthday today. He's 41. Question for everyone is he a top 10 player all time? For me he barely gets in to my top 10 all time.
He was quite overrated tbh. He won 1 MVP in 20 seasons and was only in the top 2 one other time. He wasn't even the best player on his team for half his career and he was only the best player in 1.5/5 titles he won. His efficiency and advanced stats are lower than pretty much every other player that's also mentioned in the top 10. His "clutch" ability was also massively over-exaggerated as his numbers actually drop in the finals, closeout games and elimination games, and he's had his fair share of games/series where he shot horribly. Kobe was also never the undisputed best player in the world for any single season of his career.

Not saying he wasn't a great player but those that say he's the 1B to Jordan or was a better player than LeBron have lost their minds

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He was quite overrated tbh. He won 1 MVP in 20 seasons and was only in the top 2 one other time. He wasn't even the best player on his team for half his career and he was only the best player in 1.5/5 titles he won. His efficiency and advanced stats are lower than pretty much every other player that's also mentioned in the top 10. His "clutch" ability was also massively over-exaggerated as his numbers actually drop in the finals, closeout games and elimination games, and he's had his fair share of games/series where he shot horribly. Kobe was also never the undisputed best player in the world for any single season of his career.

Not saying he wasn't a great player but those that say he's the 1B to Jordan or was a better player than LeBron have lost their minds

-he was robbed of the MVP in 06 and 07. the league gave it to him in 08 basically to say "here, since we messed up the last few years"
-huh? from 02-03 until 12-13 he was the best player on his team. that's over half his career
-shaq was the best player in the 3-peat years but i'd love to hear your argument in regards to who was better than kobe in 09 and 10
-he was definitely the best player in the world in the mid 2000s for at least 2-3 seasons

Reactions: Voight

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Someone tweeted out that since Dwight Howard was traded to LA in 2012, the Magic have won more playoff games (just 1 though) than the Lakers have. I found that to be amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad