NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Kobe is easily top 10 IMO. As much as people want to say hes overrated, when it comes down to it hes vastly underrated.

I'd rank MJ, LeBron, Kareem, Magic, Duncan, Wilt, and Bird ahead of him for sure. After that it's debatable among players like Russell, Shaq, Hakeem and soon guys like KD and Steph will be in the picture. Kobe has a case for top 10 but it's far from "easily"

Reactions: Power Man

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'd rank MJ, LeBron, Kareem, Magic, Duncan, Wilt, and Bird ahead of him for sure. After that it's debatable among players like Russell, Shaq, Hakeem and soon guys like KD and Steph will be in the picture. Kobe has a case for top 10 but it's far from "easily"

wilt is more like top 15-20

he was a giant playing against guys 5-6 inches shorter than him on average each night. its no wonder he dominated like he did

Reactions: Voight

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

he was a giant playing against guys 5-6 inches shorter than him on average each night. its no wonder he dominated like he did

If it was that simple Boban would be dominating right now. Wilt was an elite athlete.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If it was that simple Boban would be dominating right now. Wilt was an elite athlete.
terrible comparison

guys are also far more athletic today than they were then. sure, wilt was an elite athlete but he was still a giant amongst boys. same with george mikan

Reactions: Voight

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
terrible comparison

guys are also far more athletic today than they were then. sure, wilt was an elite athlete but he was still a giant amongst boys. same with george mikan

That's more true of Mikan than Wilt. Wilt was listed at 7'1". Walt Bellamy, 6'11". Nate Thurmond, 6'11". Russell, 6'10". Willis Reed was considered "small" for a center at 6'9". Wilt was hardly playing against "boys", and none of those players came remotely close to his level of dominance.

My point with Boban was an exaggeration, sure. But the reality is, that even with his height advantage Boban not only doesn't dominate, he's barely an NBA player. Having seen Wilt, albeit in the latter part of his career, there is no doubt in my mind that were he playing today he'd dominate. Saying he's top 15-20 all-time is pretty unrealistic imo. I defy you or anyone to point me to an all-time ranking by a reputable source that doesn't have him top 10. And most will probably have him closer to 1 than to 10. Personally, I would put him behind only Kareem among centers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

He is clearly in top-4 with MJ, Bron and KAJ.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Saw the Pacers last year. Just bought tickets to a Jazz game. Feel free to sign up for my live draft league in the fantasy thread. I have a platinum rating and want to compete against the best. I already have 4 teams.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Should Magic even be ahead of Oscar Robertson?

That really a question?

giphy.gif

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
One for the "no ****, sherlock" file, but it does set up a potentially interesting scenario going forward; Bucks GM Says Giannis Antetokounmpo Will Be Offered Supermax Contract in 2020

Raises a lot of questions and probably raises the stakes on this upcoming season for the Bucks considerably. How much is enough for Giannis to consider staying? The Bucks are in a great spot to make a title run with the East while having a handful of great teams, no true dominant, favorite type team. Not to mention the Bucks will be bringing back essentially their entire squad from the past year sans Brogdon, which was a 60 winner and 2 games away from the NBA Finals. On top of that, Giannis seems happy in Milwaukee and doesn't seem to want to lust after the spotlight. So in theory, all you really need to do is just give him a chance to win and he should be content enough to stick around

And then of course there's the worst case scenario. What if Giannis doesn't want to sign? Do the Bucks try and ride it out and contend until the very end or do they look for a presumably gargantuan haul for their star?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Please tell me you guys saw the story involving the Heat, a website, and changing the arena name. :laugh:

Sure did, lets see if the powers that be have the balls to accept the money to name the building after the uh, Miami-based internet company, yeah thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad