2019 Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I updated the OP with the news that Audette, Shinkaruk, and Lernout will not be qualified.

This only leaves Michael McCarron as an RFA in Laval left to be qualified. We learned recently that Montreal will meet with McCarron's agent at the draft to discuss about McCarron. Whether that is to extend or move him.

The only RFAs left to qualify by June 25th are Lehkonen, Armia, Reilly, and McCarron. We know they qualified Hudon, even if he turned it down.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Updated the OP with the first departure. Sébastien Bordeleau was a skills coach for the Canadiens. He left to join the Nashville Predators in a Player Development role for the forwards.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Updated the OP with the news that Jordie Benn will test free agency. This pretty much confirms he will be gone.

Also updated the OP with the news that Michael McCarron has been qualified. And with MB saying in his presser that he will have another shot at camp, that pretty much means he has accepted it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Benn had some decent moments but more than fine with him going.

So what do you guys think...MB pulls the trigger on a deal this weekend?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Benn had some decent moments but more than fine with him going.

So what do you guys think...MB pulls the trigger on a deal this weekend?

I don't know about this weekend. But I see him acquiring help on LD not long from now.

As for Benn, I don't care if he walks for nothing. Thank you for your services, but I'm more than happy he's not returning.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
During his presser yesterday, MB was asked about the potential of buying Karl Alzner out. He said they haven't made a decision yet, but that is an option.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
During his presser yesterday, MB was asked about the potential of buying Karl Alzner out. He said they haven't made a decision yet, but that is an option.
It helps us immensely this year but he carries almost the full cap next year. I think even of we waited until next year to do it it would still be the same amount counting next year as buying him out now. So for them to do that, to me that would indicate we think we have a shot at the cup this year of andwe sign a Duchene + and we' re willing to pay the price on an alzner to give ourselves that one year window with this core even tho we'll have to move out so eone like shaw , Byron or both next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad