Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
FWIW,Trouba wouldn't mind being traded to anywhere close to Florida.He's the solid kind of dman Tampa could use.I'm not sure what you could offer but he's yours for the taking.Expensive as it might be.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
FWIW,Trouba wouldn't mind being traded to anywhere close to Florida.He's the solid kind of dman Tampa could use.I'm not sure what you could offer but he's yours for the taking.Expensive as it might be.
I don’t see how he can fit cap wise. $10 million currently in cap space. Say they do move Callahan and Miller to free up $11 million. That brings them to $21 million. Trouba has always wanted big money. He’s close enough to ufa that he’s eyeing the $8 mill that OEL and Carlson make. And when you ship Miller and Cally our add another 2 roster spots that need to be filled. If Point gets Nyalnder money and realistically more that’s not much cap room left. What is Chevy in winnipeg going to ask for Trouba.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Point was not a driving force in this series. Only pay for playoff performance at this time.

He gets a Kuch bridge deal or let Ottawa offer sheet him.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Point was not a driving force in this series. Only pay for playoff performance at this time.

He's young and he can finish, which we desperately need when guys like Palat routinely miss the net if they're further than 5 feet out. He doesn't have near the playoff experience as many on our roster, I'm definitely willing to give him another couple of seasons to show us if he can step up when it matters most.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

There's clearly something wrong with the culture here if a warrior like Point converges into the team's ways.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
He's young and he can finish, which we desperately need when guys like Palat routinely miss the net if they're further than 5 feet out. He doesn't have near the playoff experience as many on our roster, I'm definitely willing to give him another couple of seasons to show us if he can step up when it matters most.
Agree, bridge deal. 5-6 Mil max.

Laugh at him if he wants more.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I'm still just honestly in disbelief.

I've said it like 59 times already, but there most frustrating thing about this is that nothing will change. Cooper is going to be here opening night. Aside from what we already knew (turnover on D, one-two of the $4-5M club getting moved), nothing is going to change. We're going to stay a soft team that gets by on talent when no one cares and we'll continue to shrink when it matters the most.

If going through this meant some kind of meaningful change in how this team is built or prompts a coaching chance, I could at least talk myself into being interested next season. But none of that is going to happen. It literally feels like this is all for nothing. No lesson to be learned. No light at the end of the tunnel.

It feels like we have a team that's simply satisfied being good when it's easy. And it's going to remain that way

Reactions: Lightning1995

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Don’t get why people care so much about the comments Cooper and our players make. There isn’t anything they can say at this point that would satisfy anyone so they just say the first bullshit thought that comes to mind. It is what it is.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Want to add Gourde to the players I wouldn't mind if we traded, he's young but what did he do in this series? Guy was invisible and was for long stretches of the season as well.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you all for being so welcoming to me as your drafted fan this year. Unfortunately, I couldn’t bring you guys any luck. But if it’s any consolation, I have a 1 step offseason plan that will turn your luck around and ensure the Lightning win the Cup next year.

Burn that Hedman jersey.

Everyone chips a few bucks into a go fund me, Macho Man gets a new Hedman jersey and the curse is broken. You can’t buy peace of mind that cheap.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Thank you all for being so welcoming to me as your drafted fan this year. Unfortunately, I couldn’t bring you guys any luck. But if it’s any consolation, I have a 1 step offseason plan that will turn your luck around and ensure the Lightning win the Cup next year.

Burn that Hedman jersey.

Everyone chips a few bucks into a go fund me, Macho Man gets a new Hedman jersey and the curse is broken. You can’t buy peace of mind that cheap.
Sorry we did that thing while you were under our care. This is why we can't have friends over.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The only thing I ask to BriseBois is to hire/acquire someome who has won the Cup before. An assistant coach maybe or, simply, a player.
Because we've a young roster with the core players that have never won anything.
So they don't know how to win and, in particular, they don't know how to manage the pressure they've on their back.
Fear of Winning.
So I hope in someone who has won.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The only thing I ask to BriseBois is to hire/acquire someome who has won the Cup before. An assistant coach maybe or, simply, a player.
Because we've a young roster with the core players that have never won anything.
So they don't know how to win and, in particular, they don't know how to manage the pressure they've on their back.
Fear of Winning.
So I hope in someone who has won.
He is down in south Florida coaching the panthers now

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
He is down in south Florida coaching the panthers now
We can acquire also 2-3 players, maybe in defense...
There're many solutions...Maybe also acquiring an assistant coach...or a former player who will work with the coaching staff for the mental aspect of the game.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
We have talked a lot about it before, but Point contract expectations? Honestly, hope he signs a cheap ish deal. I would like some wiggle room cap wise. Gonna have a look at the free agent class for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad