Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
I know we have a general discussion thread but this is different.

There's those of us who have been watching for years. There's those of us who are the new generation and welcome additions to our family. Regardless of it all I think there's those of us here who know and understand just how special this year really has been. But for it all are we really digesting it? Are we truly appreciating what we watch? That is what this is about. It was around 2010 I became consciously aware of the idea of the Rays success under Joe Maddon. How the players I watched would not always be there. That the success I enjoyed would not always be there. That Joe himself may one day leave. And wouldn't you know it, it happened. I felt fortunate to have taken the time along the way to realize how special it was.

For me, this has been special not just because of records. It's not just special because of wins. It's special because the day Jeffrey Vinik introduced himself to us he said his dream was of a world-class organization. The man must've said "world-class" somewhere between 3 to 5 times. These are the days in which we have embodied that vision. Imagine.... us. The Tampa Bay Lightning. A world-class organization.

Maybe this thread just ends up being a "me" thing because I'm happy right now. But I encourage all of us to reflect on our journey thus far and enjoy what it means to be a fan of a world class organization who is now making history not seen for ages. Always remember that no matter what happens nothing will EVER be able to take away these moments we've enjoyed together.

Thank you Jeffrey Vinik

Thank you Steve Yzerman and Julien Brisebois

Thank you Jon Cooper

And thank you to our players for giving me a year so amazing I still sometimes have a hard time believing it has been real.

Give your thanks guys. It's not so unbelievable or impossible that someone important is gonna see it.
Click to expand...​
Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. This season was a total failure . We were swept by the 8th seed. The team showed no heart or fight. Cooper is a joke. Yzerman saw this coming and resigned before the s*** hit the fan. I am disgusted by the record setting disappointment.

Bro.... get off my ass. I told you that "delete" was in reference to my response to you. The original response was something like "Well I did make it before the playoffs. Oh well I'm gonna take it down and make it an offseason thread" and it took me forever to figure it out

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Watching this team religiously for almost 20 years, I must say this is a season that will not be forgotten.
It will not be forgotten in a terrible way. This is an embarrassment to any hockey fan. To anyone that has played hockey especially one a competitive level the lack of effort, heart, and determination is a joke at best.

Reactions: peanutvendor

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Bro.... get off my ass. I told you that "delete" was in reference to my response to you. The original response was something like "Well I did make it before the playoffs. Oh well I'm gonna take it down and make it an offseason thread" and it took me forever to figure it out
I am not mad at you, just the effort the team gave.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Even the comments coming out from the coach and the players sums up how are season has been.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Along with Cooper being gone, they need a few more defenseman who can skate out of a forecheck

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So you did that to show you're not mad? Meh whatever. It's a shame for me that the mods deleted a self deprecating post where I insulted myself quite viciously
WE all root for the same team and are mad because the team is a let down this playoffs. I will drink to that and raise my glass to you.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
pens fan coming in peace, wishing you guys the best of luck towards next season. Pens just got swept too so in a way we’re brothers. Is there any way we can combine our rosters and ask Bettman to let us be an extra wild card team? :sarcasm:
Your team knows how to win cups. The Lightning roster would contaminate that.

Reactions: DaBolts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've had a few days to digest this. I knew we were done for a while

- Cooper probably gets about as much rope as a hangman's noose "cuz 62 win season"

- We need to make big changes in our core.

Palat, in particular, needs to go. Send a message. We might even be able to spare Miller because of this.

I think Coburn, Girardi and Stralman are probably done even if simply due to salary constraint.

Callahan looks a little better and we can sell high on him

- f*** idk.... maybe try for EK again?

- Strip Stamkos of his captaincy

- I will only accept Cooper's return if we make these changes. EVERYONE here sees how soft they are. Is it a reflection of Cooper or a reflection of their character?

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Can you believe this guy was our coach before? What a punk.

0NGj7IB.jpg

If we get rid of Cooper, not much to replace him with.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yzerman stepped down because after the Washington series he knew this team had no heart. He bailed early and I can't blame him for it. Stammer and the guys seem like good people, but years of losing in the playoffs has clearly taken a toll. I'm at the point where I think everyone needs to be up for grabs, every option considered. It's insanity to believe we can keep this core together and expect a result they've never been able to achieve...especially after this debacle.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I've had a few days to digest this. I knew we were done for a while

- Cooper probably gets about as much rope as a hangman's noose "cuz 62 win season"

- We need to make big changes in our core.

Palat, in particular, needs to go. Send a message. We might even be able to spare Miller because of this.

I think Coburn, Girardi and Stralman are probably done even if simply due to salary constraint.

Callahan looks a little better and we can sell high on him

- **** idk.... maybe try for EK again?

- Strip Stamkos of his captaincy

- I will only accept Cooper's return if we make these changes. EVERYONE here sees how soft they are. Is it a reflection of Cooper or a reflection of their character?

If Cooper is here, Palat, Killorn, and Miller are still here.

Mediocrity, here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad