Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fischer or Garland. Easy.

You're going to scratch them?

I really don't know what Garland has to do to stay in the lineup. All he does is work his bag off and score goals. I don't think he deserves to be in Tucson and I'm not sure he can even go there without clearing waivers.

Reactions: lanky

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh just dumped Maatta for a forward. Could we do Kessel (6.8) and Gudbranson (4.0) for Fischer (0.8) and Goligoski (5.5)? We’d be sending 6.3 to Pitt who’d be ditching 10.8. Clears 4.5 for them. I’d add a conditional 2020 1st (becomes a 2nd if we fail to make the playoffs).

Keller-Dvorak-Kessel
Galchenyuk-Yeti-Schmaltz
Crouse-Stepan-Hinostroza
Grabner-Richardson-Garland
Hayton

OEL-Demers
Chychrun-Hjammer
Oesterle-Gudbranson
Lyubushkin

Kuemper/Raanta

That looks like a playoff team to me. Could be real dangerous if the guys who are supposed to take a step forward do exactly that.

I really think we get Kessel. There was just too much smoke around this for a few years now. I think JC is just waiting for that bonus to be paid.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You're going to scratch them?

I really don't know what Garland has to do to stay in the lineup. All he does is work his bag off and score goals. I don't think he deserves to be in Tucson and I'm not sure he can even go there without clearing waivers.
Yeah. All day. That’s what depth is for.

Reactions: _Del_

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That looks like a playoff team to me. Could be real dangerous if the guys who are supposed to take a step forward do exactly that.

I really think we get Kessel. There was just too much smoke around this for a few years now. I think JC is just waiting for that bonus to be paid.

So is this actually enough:

To PIT
Goligoski
Fischer
‘20 1st (conditional)**

To ARI
Kessel
Gudbranson

**becomes 2nd if AZ fails to make playoffs.

Players with cap seem extremely cheap right now. I figured Goligoski was worth a 2nd. After the Söderberg and Haula deals, I’m think he’s worth more like a 3rd or 4th. I still think Fischer is worth at least a 2nd. So that deal is like a mid round first, a mid round second and a mid round third for Kessel, and I’d put Gudbranson’s trade value at about absolute zero. Maybe slightly negative. Probably a little negative.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If he makes the team reduce the cap space by the difference between he and Copiobianco. Think it’s about $149K.
Exactly. Tight against the cap. We have to rid Hossa's contract. I would think Chayka wants a little bit of flexibility.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah. All day. That’s what depth is for.
Fischer deserved to be scratched like 60 games last season. He's a bad start off from me waiving his ass. I think he's got minimum trade value and high potential, so I'd probably ride it out, but I don't think the scratches around the deadline were coincides, so I think he's gone sooner rather than later.

I love everything about Garland, but if we can add a MoJo or Dzingel, he's an easy candidate to send to Tucson for minutes or rotate in and out with Fischer.

We'll have injuries. We'll have people play like ass, because our "core" and leadership doesn't give a shit. I'm not worried about getting either or both of them ice time over the season.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
So is this actually enough:

To PIT
Goligoski
Fischer
‘20 1st (conditional)**

To ARI
Kessel
Gudbranson

**becomes 2nd if AZ fails to make playoffs.

Players with cap seem extremely cheap right now. I figured Goligoski was worth a 2nd. After the Söderberg and Haula deals, I’m think he’s worth more like a 3rd or 4th. I still think Fischer is worth at least a 2nd. So that deal is like a mid round first, a mid round second and a mid round third for Kessel, and I’d put Gudbranson’s trade value at about absolute zero. Maybe slightly negative. Probably a little negative.

I think the conditional 1st needs to be tweaked for Pit to bite. More like a 2020 1st, that can defer to 2021 if the coyotes dont make the playoffs, AZs choice. I think they need to be guaranteed a first at some point.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. Tight against the cap. We have to rid Hossa's contract. I would think Chayka wants a little bit of flexibility.

Only if we have the budget. That’s a big If.

What are we afraid of? That we missed out on Pavelski? Duchene? Overpaying Hayes?

We are and have always been a bargain basement shopping in the discount aisle players on UFA day. We wouldn’t have made the deal for Soderberg if we even had a sniff of getting anyone better.

We have plenty of space to sign Crouse. That’s our only play left.

Best thing Chayka can do on July 1st is take the day off.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Took a peek at Twitter and says this Chayka quote and thought we acquired Kessel.

"Phil's got a good, creative hockey mind. He sees the offensive side very well...."

Damnit, Housley!

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I want no part of Pavelski for this team. He will want a long term contract, and at his age, no thank you.

If we put Hossa on LTIR and move Capobianco, we have about $9 M in space. If Crouse gets roughly $1.8 M AAV, which is in line for comparables, that leaves $7.2 M left to spend.

As much as Pavelski goes against the age range that we would like, I doubt that any teams are willing to go over 3 years, which is not too bad. I don't think this is the same as Wayne Simmonds, where the player is breaking down and you have no idea what he will look like in 2 years. In 2 years, Pavelski will still be a 25 goal, 60 point type of player. He has better stats than Duchene over his career and comes in significantly lower in salary, due to age. We need scoring and this is probably one of the best scoring forwards on the market.

This would very likely be the Ray Whitney signing all over again. We had Whitney signed at age 38 and 39 - Pavs is 4 years younger than that. Whitney still put up 195 points in his final 258 games. I have no doubt that Pavelski could be a 60+ point winger here for 3 more years. Even if one year dips down to 50+ points, that is still a decent deal.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’m actually hoping someone offer sheets Crouse at $4.5M per. I’d take the first and 3rd.

Assuming no offer sheet (99.9% probability) I’m hoping we can extend him at 5 years and $3Mish AAV. I would think Crouse wants a 1 or 2 year deal. That number comes in closer to $2-$2.25MAAV. I’m close.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Only if we have the budget. That’s a big If.

What are we afraid of? That we missed out on Pavelski? Duchene? Overpaying Hayes?

We are and have always been a bargain basement shopping in the discount aisle players on UFA day. We wouldn’t have made the deal for Soderberg if we even had a sniff of getting anyone better.

We have plenty of space to sign Crouse. That’s our only play left.

Best thing Chayka can do on July 1st is take the day off.
We have cap space for Crouse and that is it. I think we are done as far a signing any UFA's which is fine by me.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Really? I was under the impression that there was a reason not to do the trade at the draft. Maybe im thinking of something different with him??
The only reason not to do the Kessel deal is Penguins actually want a reasonable return. If they were willing to give him away we’d have interest.

Reactions: Name Nameless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad