Speculation: 2019 Off Season Roster Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It was one year ago this week we traded for Galchenyuk and two years ago this week we traded for Raanta and Stepan. I'm expecting SOMETHING to happen I just have no idea what.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It was one year ago this week we traded for Galchenyuk and two years ago this week we traded for Raanta and Stepan. I'm expecting SOMETHING to happen I just have no idea what.
I keep hoping to learn that we’ve traded for Duchene’s rights so that we can analyze our chances and decide whether or not to be active on the trade front, leading up to the draft. That’s the next trade I want to see; conditional pick for Duchene’s rights.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I keep hoping to learn that we’ve traded for Duchene’s rights so that we can analyze our chances and decide whether or not to be active on the trade front, leading up to the draft. That’s the next trade I want to see; conditional pick for Duchene’s rights.
Would love to see that sort of power move by Chayka. Remember how excited we were when they they did that for a top 4 defenceman in Goligoski. I'd be over the moon if we actually did that for a 1B center

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

And the Goligoski move 3 years ago. Chayka likes to make big moves around this time.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Glad we're moving on from Miska. Good first year, poor second year. We have too many goalies to offer him a spot.

Hill starts in Tucson. Either Madsen or Kellgren can backup. All three are better than Miska. Hopefully one of these days we actually utilize our ECHL team and send a goalie there.

And then Prosvetov is knocking on the door.

Reactions: Antonche

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
What the hell were the Jets thinking with that trouba trade? You know they had better offers than that, there is no way they didn't have better offers.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think Goligoski has earned his money so far. And it back dives, so he should continue to.

Wanted Yandle back. Goligoski is nothing special. Dallas's defense wasn't very good and they let him walk. Yandle would have helped the PP. But I have liked very few of Chayka's moves so I'm not expecting to now even if he has a bigger budget. I'd rather have Domi, Strome, D'Angleo, Murphy, Duclair and the picks instead of the players he acquired. I liked the Grabner signing. That's about it off the top of my head. Oh and the Kuemper trade as I didn't think Rieder was going to ever except the pay he actually deserved. Getting something for him before he walked was smart.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hjalmarsson had 187 blocks last year, second most in the league. Goligoski had 154, despite playing in six fewer games. I don't get why one of these players is beloved and the other is seen as 'meh'. Goligoski was a huge piece to our sound defensive structure.

Edit: One stat I saw while looking this up was apparently Goligoski took a face off last season... he won it too! :laugh:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wanted Yandle back. Goligoski is nothing special. Dallas's defense wasn't very good and they let him walk. Yandle would have helped the PP. But I have liked very few of Chayka's moves so I'm not expecting to now even if he has a bigger budget. I'd rather have Domi, Strome, D'Angleo, Murphy, Duclair and the picks instead of the players he acquired. I liked the Grabner signing. That's about it off the top of my head. Oh and the Kuemper trade as I didn't think Rieder was going to ever except the pay he actually deserved. Getting something for him before he walked was smart.
Your biggest problem with Goligoski is that he’s not Yandle? Mine too. :)

Domi > Galchenyuk
Strome > Schmaltz

We mostly agree. But I think Goligoski has been a good signing. Even if he’s not Yandle. Which he f***ing should be!

Reactions: RemoAZ

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Your biggest problem with Goligoski is that he’s not Yandle? Mine too. :)

Domi > Galchenyuk
Strome > Schmaltz

We mostly agree. But I think Goligoski has been a good signing. Even if he’s not Yandle. Which he ****ing should be!

Goligoski has been fine. Not a steal, not a bust, he's pretty much held up his end of the contract, which is the most you can ask for from a UFA.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I’d jump off that bridge when I came to it. Duchene is mega bucks. Everything else on our radar is way more reasonably priced in terms of cap hit.

I agree with this. Why trade away an asset to get rid of a cap hit when we dont need to. Duchene or the laughable thought of an offer sheet for Marner etc would be the only reason we would need to clear that much cap room

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We are over the cap if we sign Duchene. Poor leverage in trying to unload the Hossa deal.

We need this deal off the books eventually (like next summer when we need to pay Keller and Gally too).

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
What the hell were the Jets thinking with that trouba trade? You know they had better offers than that, there is no way they didn't have better offers.
They didn't. I'm pissed but unlike most, I don't blame the GM. He took the best offer and moved on. Trouba must have made it clear that he wants to live in NY and that any other team would only be getting 1 year of his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->