GDT: 2019 NLDS: (1) Los Angeles Dodgers vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 3-2

NLDS

• Total voters

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I told anyone who would listen to me at work that if the LAD shit the bed BAD there could be a chance Roberts gets fired and Maddon replaces him. Doesn't feel so crazy now

Cochese

Mar 14, 2008
Or leaving Dodger Stadium after a playoff game. It took me four hours once just to get onto the freeway.

Getting out of that stadium is something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. Theeeeeseee worst. I don’t blame them.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The last 48 hours has been bad if you’re a Yankees fan. The Astros rotation lines up so that its Cole in 3-7 and Verlander in 6 and now the only NL team that probably could beat them in a series is likely going to the World Series

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was that the first time there’s ever been a grand slam in extra innings of a deciding game?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kershaw ever come thru for Dodgers in playoffs? The anti- MadBum. Maybe the Dodgers should sign him.

Kershaw just doesn't win when it matters.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Kershaw ever come thru for Dodgers in playoffs? The anti- MadBum. Maybe the Dodgers should sign him.

Here and there. He did win game 4 at Citi field in 2015 in a must win but he wasn’t very good and the Mets probably helped him out somewhat.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The last 48 hours has been bad if you’re a Yankees fan. The Astros rotation lines up so that its Cole in 3-7 and Verlander in 6 and now the only NL team that probably could beat them in a series is likely going to the World Series

Huh? Yanks would much prefer Grienke and Verlander in Houston. Increases their odds of getting st least one on the road. This assumes Houston even wins tomorrow.

Dodgers out means they would have home field in a potential WS.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Now that I've calmed down a bit. He's actually had some great post season games. The problem is he's had a lot of bad ones and always at the absolute worst moments like tonight. if Roberts didn't send him back out in the 8th, people would he did great getting the out they needed with runners on. Instead, he's the MVP for the Nats.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
There's really just no excuse to put Kelly out there for a 2nd inning or letting him face as many batters as he did that inning.

It's a do-or-die game. You have to empty out the clip. It's like Roberts was managing the game like it was going 18 innings. They even still had May and Urias, who are both capable of going multiple innings, if need be.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Here and there. He did win game 4 at Citi field in 2015 in a must win but he wasn’t very good and the Mets probably helped him out somewhat.

I see. Tough for him.....thats gotta feel like shit. If im him id sign elsewhere and just try to get that monkey off back.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
There's really just no excuse to put Kelly out there for a 2nd inning or letting him face as many batters as he did that inning.

It's a do-or-die game. You have to empty out the clip. It's like Roberts was managing the game like it was going 18 innings. They even still had May and Urias, who are both capable of going multiple innings, if need be.
No, but that's Dave Roberts managing. How he got to the World Series two years in a row blows my mind.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Huh? Yanks would much prefer Grienke and Verlander in Houston. Increases their odds of getting st least one on the road. This assumes Houston even wins tomorrow.

Dodgers out means they would have home field in a potential WS.

I think they’d have rather gotten Kershaw Ryu though than Scherzer Strasburg Corbin. The Nats would have a legit shot vs Houston too. I didn’t feel any other NL team would have

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Big fan of Pollock, Bellinger and Seager in this series.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Now that I've calmed down a bit. He's actually had some great post season games. The problem is he's had a lot of bad ones and always at the absolute worst moments like tonight. if Roberts didn't send him back out in the 8th, people would he did great getting the out they needed with runners on. Instead, he's the MVP for the Nats.

Yeah his good games over shadowed by the bad. We see the MadBums, Wainwrights, etc just dominate when they are due up.....and expect it from every terms ace. Kershaw has been one of the best over the years...

But playoff results...

Then again the bats havent helped him either. Bellinger this series. Previous years top bats not coming thru.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad