GDT: 2019 NLDS: (1) Los Angeles Dodgers vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 3-2

NLDS

• Total voters

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And are we really doing the Kershaw choker thing? That pitch to Soto was awful but the pitch to Rendon was at his ****ing shins. Any pitcher would be fine leaving a pitch there.

Dave Roberts did him wrong by putting him on relieve.
How can you do that to him, I am no sure why he did not go with Maeda from the get go.
He at least can be viable out of the pen.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Kelly had already thrown 22 pitches prior to the Kendrick at-bat.

They still had a fresh Jansen and Baez in the bullpen...

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
So happy. Really feel for the Dodgers and their fans... the Nats have worn the "favorite" mantle uncomfortably and choked series away way too many times since 2012. Finally on the other side of that, albeit with a tough playoff-proven Cardinals team up next.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
so you bring in a righty to face Soto?
presuming you pull Kershaw after the Rendon homer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why the hell would you bring in joe kelly in that situation? guy has been awful all year

funny how he ends the dodgers season 2 years in a row

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
why the hell would you bring in joe kelly in that situation? guy has been awful all year

funny how he ends the dodgers season 2 years in a row
Kelly has been our best reliever since the All Star break, better than Baez and definitely Jansen. I had no problem bringing him into the game. But he did the job the inning before. He pushed his luck too far. The ball should have been in Urias or May’s hands.

Oct 18, 2011
oh man the phone calls on LA sports talk right now are tremendous

The Dodger talk guy is doing as much damage control as he can

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Why? Rendon hit a pitch well below his knees a little off the end of the bat. That's not a bad pitch or indicative or any sort of disaster pitching performance.
Bad pitch or not, Kershaw just doesn't have it in the playoffs. I don't see why people don't admit that fact. He's nowhere his level in the postseason.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don’t know whether to be happy for the Nats or furious at them for handing STL HFA

Oct 18, 2011
Dave Roberts did him wrong by putting him on relieve.
How can you do that to him, I am no sure why he did not go with Maeda from the get go.
He at least can be viable out of the pen.
It's not just Roberts, the management has a say on whether he can be used out of the pen, but they always seem to skirt blame

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
EGfcRihWwAELS-i.png
you're on a roll man haha

Sep 19, 2008
In their first season since star slugger Bryce Harper left as a free agent, the Nationals became the first team in major league history to rally from three or more runs down twice in elimination games during the same postseason.
''It's not just one player, it's a team,'' left fielder Juan Soto said.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->