Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm no scout and just look at reports and vids when it comes to prospects but damn I really like Newhook. Him and Krebs look really good to me and they may be in our territory

If we get another lower 1st rounder I would target Hoglander.
Ive been surprised Newhook has been dropping since last year... I still think he looks fantastic.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
At this rate, Turcotte is a legit possibility. Ducks are about to be passed by Arizona and maybe Florida/NYR too.

The teams I see that will definitely finish below us: LAK, OTT(COL), CHI, DET, NJ, PHI. Those teams are still significantly behind us and are just terrible rosters for the most part Everything else is up in the air from the looks of it

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My hope is we draft three times in the top-60. Assuming we have a top-15 pick, I'd want a center taken there and defensemen drafted with the latter two picks.
Totally agree. Byram will be gone before #8.
If they draft Turcotte or Newhook there is quite a few Dmen available later in the 1st & early 2nd round.
I'd steer clear of Honka of course, hoping in the 2nd round that Heinola is available or something.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Is there a reason Newhook is playing in the BCHL? I know he's a college commit but does that mean you can't play in the CHL before then?

Can't recall seeing many legit Canadian prospects opting to go the US college route - no doubt I'm horribly wrong on that front too :laugh:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Is there a reason Newhook is playing in the BCHL? I know he's a college commit but does that mean you can't play in the CHL before then?

Can't recall seeing many legit Canadian prospects opting to go the US college route - no doubt I'm horribly wrong on that front too :laugh:

Playing in the CHL makes you ineligible for the NCAA. Makar is probably the most high profile Canadian to recently go the college route. He was a big riser in his draft year though. Newhook is probably one of the bigger names doing it in a while.

Reactions: mightyquack

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Wasn't Jost of Colorado another one that played in the BCHL at his draft year? Fabbro as well.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Is cozens out of reach? If I had to pick a year to just bottom out then It would be this year. If we pick up a potential 1c then we could possibly have a decent window going forward

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Just looked at the Ducks history with 3rd round picks: Andersen is the best Ducks 3rd rounder ever, then the next is Josh Mahura who has potential to be a top 4D.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Dach looks so much like Getzlaf out there
I'm not sold on Dach, at least not as a center. Today's NHL revolves around speed; Dach lacks speed. Meanwhile his counterpart, Cozens, finished BEST among all other top CHL prospects in the skating tests.

At this point in time, I think Cozens' skating is sufficiently better than Dach's to outweigh what minor difference in skill/vision may exist.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I'm not sold on Dach, at least not as a center. Today's NHL revolves around speed; Dach lacks speed. Meanwhile his counterpart, Cozens, finished BEST among all other top CHL prospects in the skating tests.

At this point in time, I think Cozens' skating is sufficiently better than Dach's to outweigh what minor difference in skill/vision may exist.
It's worth mentioning that Getzlaf isn't exactly a great skater, either, but he's hung around in this rapidly evolving league and he's looked pretty dominant.

If Dach can slow the game down like Getzlaf does (and he certainly looks like he can be from what I'm seeing), then the speed won't be as big of an issue.

Just playing devil's advocate -- I'd probably rather have Cozens or even Turcotte around that range -- but just throwing it out there that Dach isn't another Peter Holland.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm hoping we at least get Turcotte, he's the kind of Center that has the speed to make the most out of Wingers like Terry, Comtois, Jones, Kase.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Totally agree. Byram will be gone before #8.
If they draft Turcotte or Newhook there is quite a few Dmen available later in the 1st & early 2nd round.
I'd steer clear of Honka of course, hoping in the 2nd round that Heinola is available or something.

Vladislav Kolyachonok is a potential D pick in that range, and it would be neat to have a Belarusian patrolling the blueline again some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig