Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
six month ago Kotkaniemi was outside top 10 , he is NHLer now , 4 points in 10 games . Most of you were against Tkachuk who
has 1.5 point per game now. People got upset with Zadina now , but were very exited before . Its takes about 5 year after draft to understand how good or bad pics are. It is great that we have so many pics .

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
six month ago Kotkaniemi was outside top 10 , he is NHLer now , 4 points in 10 games . Most of you were against Tkachuk who
has 1.5 point per game now. People got upset with Zadina now , but were very exited before . Its takes about 5 year after draft to understand how good or bad pics are. It is great that we have so many pics .

I want to preface my response by saying I understand the point you’re trying to make here...but I legit laughed out loud when I read your post. Not only was Kotkaniemi ranked top 10 six months ago, he was drafted top 3 more than six months ago.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I want to preface my response by saying I understand the point you’re trying to make here...but I legit laughed out loud when I read your post. Not only was Kotkaniemi ranked top 10 six months ago, he was drafted top 3 more than six months ago.

June 22nd was more than six months ago?

Reactions: marcmadsen

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Some guys I like who might be good options in rounds 2-3

Nikita Alexandrov
Marshall Warren
Cole Mackay
Logan Barlage
Oleg Zaitsev
Artemi Knyzaev

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
June 22nd was more than six months ago?

here is one of the palls from may , 6 month ago , Veleno was higher than Kotkaniemi then

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-mock-draft-1st-round.2486169/

Haha dear god. My apologies. *posted at 4:38 AM* I was not of sound mind when I posted this.

ANYWAYS, how do people feel about the Dach v Cozens v Hughes at center? Although Cozens is mostly playing wing this year apparently. I'm really starting to prefer Dach to Hughes but there is absolutely the concern that Dach is imposing his will on guys in juniors physically with this size/agility combo. Would be very happy with any of the 3 platooning with Larkin though.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkydave04

SergeiYzerman

Oct 9, 2018
Honestly, in this instance you should almost never draft for need. Always take the best player available. If we somehow get a top 3 pick and miss out on Hughes, take Kakko. He's not a natural center, but I honestly think he plays a more complete game than Hughes does. He's a possession demon, plays very well along the boards and in tight areas, and basically bulldozes up the ice. Hughes is sneaky, and he's got the most finesse of any player I've seen since McDavid, but if he takes a few hits like Elias Petterson did a few weeks ago, he might be hurt a lot. You can't go wrong with either, and if we're in that #1 pick, obviously you take Hughes since he's the best player available AND a dynamic center that we desperately need. But that being said, no one in the top 4 is going to be a bad pick.

Reactions: TheMule93

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Honestly, in this instance you should almost never draft for need. Always take the best player available. If we somehow get a top 3 pick and miss out on Hughes, take Kakko. He's not a natural center, but I honestly think he plays a more complete game than Hughes does. He's a possession demon, plays very well along the boards and in tight areas, and basically bulldozes up the ice. Hughes is sneaky, and he's got the most finesse of any player I've seen since McDavid, but if he takes a few hits like Elias Petterson did a few weeks ago, he might be hurt a lot. You can't go wrong with either, and if we're in that #1 pick, obviously you take Hughes since he's the best player available AND a dynamic center that we desperately need. But that being said, no one in the top 4 is going to be a bad pick.

Pretty sure Kakko is a natural center. His FEL team has 2 of the better centers in the league so instead of playing him as a third liner they put him on wing. His last couple games before he got hurt they actually moved hi back to center though and he played center the whole time growing up in juniors.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
please don't draft net front center in the first round , get playmaker , not puck redirector . Going forward I would take Veleno over Rasmussen

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Haha dear god. My apologies. *posted at 4:38 AM* I was not of sound mind when I posted this.

ANYWAYS, how do people feel about the Dach v Cozens v Hughes at center? Although Cozens is mostly playing wing this year apparently. I'm really starting to prefer Dach to Hughes but there is absolutely the concern that Dach is imposing his will on guys in juniors physically with this size/agility combo. Would be very happy with any of the 3 platooning with Larkin though.

I’d take Hughes over either without a pause. He’s going to tilt the ice for you in a huge way every time he touches the ice like Patty Kane does. Doesn’t matter what position he ends up at to me, really.

Cozens was unreal at the Hlinka. I think he has the best shot in this draft. I think he ends up as a center he just needs to put on some more weight, he’s looks kind of skinny still.

Dach has the vision/playmaking I like to see, it’s something Detroit lacks currently. I’m starting to wonder if he might be someone who can elevate his teammates more than Cozens due to his puck possession play.

It’s hard to say for me what way I would go with those two, there are a lot of games left to play. I was big on Vilardi and Glass from the WHL recently, and I like both of these kids even more than those guys, so it’s a good problem to have (picking between those 2).

Reactions: hkydave04

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’d take Hughes over either without a pause. He’s going to tilt the ice for you in a huge way every time he touches the ice like Patty Kane does. Doesn’t matter what position he ends up at to me, really.

Agree with these Kane-comparisons.

Cozens was unreal at the Hlinka. I think he has the best shot in this draft. I think he ends up as a center he just needs to put on some more weight, he’s looks kind of skinny still.

"Scheifele"-vibes?

Dach has the vision/playmaking I like to see, it’s something Detroit lacks currently. I’m starting to wonder if he might be someone who can elevate his teammates more than Cozens due to his puck possession play.

"Getzlaf"-vibes?

it’s a good problem to have (picking between those 2).

This is a great draft to pick anywhere at 1-2-3-4. No such big gap from top picks to little bit lower, like McDavid and Matthews drafts were.

Kakko was compared to Hossa, so with TOP4 pick you are gonna pick between "Kane"/"Hossa"/"Scheifele"/"Getzlaf" etc.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
"Scheifele"-vibes?

Yeah kinda. Eric Staal is the guy I think of but I think that’s because of their builds. He does have some Scheifele qualities. Maybe even Seguin a little. He’s gonna be one of those centers that score a bunch of goals.

"Getzlaf"-vibes?

For sure that’s the guy I think he plays like. Might even be a better skater than he was at his age, but they are very similar in how they think the game.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Is this the appropriate place to eat crow about Pettersson?

*I was (kind of) right about him getting hurt in the NHL*

To stay on topic, I will be adjusting my view on risk management in the future.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
please don't draft net front center in the first round , get playmaker , not puck redirector . Going forward I would take Veleno over Rasmussen

got high hopes for veleno but rasmussen will have multiple 30 goal seasons.

hard to say who will be better at this point.

the point is goals are goals. net front finishing is important. it is wrong minded to think guys like rasmussen arent valuable because they dont deke out the entire team everytime they are on the ice. also rasmussen has shown flashes of his vision and playmaking at a nhl level. look at bertuzzis spin goal.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
got high hopes for veleno but rasmussen will have multiple 30 goal seasons.

hard to say who will be better at this point.

the point is goals are goals. net front finishing is important. it is wrong minded to think guys like rasmussen arent valuable because they dont deke out the entire team everytime they are on the ice. also rasmussen has shown flashes of his vision and playmaking at a nhl level. look at bertuzzis spin goal.
Great that we have Mike , I like him too but for next please draft different kind of player . Alex Turcotte could be that guy

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I was watching Kaliyev this afternoon, if this guy isn't top 10 this is going to be a heck of a draft. Really good hands, he looks NHL ready in the offensive zone moving the puck from the half boards on the power play. 45 career ohl goals and he just turned 17 six months ago at the end of June. The no winger lobby should be getting nervous about this one.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I just hope we'll get another 1st to snap two 1st round talent skill players from this draft.

I am with you. I have little doubt we are going to get a quality player in the top five. I am far more interested in seeing if we can land a second, first-round pick at this point. There is plenty to like in this class outside of the top five.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I am with you. I have little doubt we are going to get a quality player in the top five. I am far more interested in seeing if we can land a second, first-round pick at this point. There is plenty to like in this class outside of the top five.
For sure. And if there's extra ammo, it also creates the possibility of watching for a guy to fall a bit, and packaging some assets to move up a bit and snag him (if the right move is there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad