Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So I've been trying to mentally prepare myself by focusing on the guys I think will be available from about 4-10. One of them has been Peyton Krebs. I was checking out the WHL guys' stats to see how their years are going, and I was totally blown away. Cozens, Dach, and Krebs all have pretty similar point totals, but Krebs' team is so, so much worse. Krebs is pretty much the only meaningful offensive player on Kootenay. It goes Krebs with 60 points, overager Jaeger White with 40 points, and then everybody else is 30 or below. Of the other guys, only White has more than 12 goals (he has 22).

That's just insane to me. Kootenay has scored 50 fewer goals than Lethbridge and Saskatoon. Krebs has a point on 40% of their goals. For Cozens, it's 31%, and for Dach it's 26%. That is a huge impact.

To be clear, I'm still driving the Cozens bandwagon. But Krebs could be going under the radar. If we're picking later than expected and they go with Krebs, that could be a really good pick.

I think hes a player a lot of fans would like with the way he plays. I wont be ecstatic if the wings end up picking him because that means they missed out on some other guys but the wings could do worse for sure.

Picking at 4 or 5 they should at the very least be able to get their hands on at least one of Byram, Dach, Cozens or Turcotte who I would take above Krebs. If they dont land Hughes/Kakko I'm really starting to lean Byram though. 21 goals on the season as a draft eligible already is wild for a dman. Hes basically scoring goals at the same rate as Dach. Hes 4th in the league in points for dmen too and plays a physical style that would be awesome to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad