2nd: Knight
3rd: Rasanen
4th: Primeau
5th: Lundmark
5th: Keppan
5th: T. Pelletier
6th: Popovic
7th: J. Caulfield

Others posters suggestions, complaints, and critiques are welcome.

Rather not have this list be over the 1st pick.

Could be solid, not sure about the guys after round 2 that much yet.

Kinda hoping for Dach/Cozens/Turcotte in round 1 and then Korczak in round 2 personally. Need more time to come up with guys after round 2.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It s chance that Avs win cup this year and grab Hughes same time

Not a good one, they are still a middle of the pack team for me. They don't matchup all that well with San Jose, Winnipeg and Nashville. Hard to see them doing much with any of those teams in a series. Are they really better than Vegas or some of the other Western teams either? I am not so sure.

Ottawa will have to trade their big UFA guys, but they are going to be better than us before the deadline so the longer they hold Duchene and Stone the more likely they are to find their way out of the bottom of the league.

LittleBitofDat

Oct 7, 2018
Hughes belongs in the conversation with other overwhelming #1 picks. Think Matthews, McDavid and that group. That is his talent level.

I get the Matthews, MacKinnon, Eichel comparisons, but McDavid is a tier above all of them, incl Hughes... Anyway, he is a sure fire franchise center, and I would love for DRW to be drafting Hughes at #1 next summer.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not a good one, they are still a middle of the pack team for me. They don't matchup all that well with San Jose, Winnipeg and Nashville. Hard to see them doing much with any of those teams in a series. Are they really better than Vegas or some of the other Western teams either? I am not so sure.

Ottawa will have to trade their big UFA guys, but they are going to be better than us before the deadline so the longer they hold Duchene and Stone the more likely they are to find their way out of the bottom of the league.
from what I sow yesterday AVS looks solid , they have plenty high pics who are in their early prime . nathan mackinnon could be the best NHL player right now

I don't think Ottawa is better than us , we are somewhere close to the middle . Hope this year we will be like Carolina last year and then get second overall pic

Last edited:

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Pronmans early 2019 draft rankings were released today : Pronman: Ranking the top prospects for the 2019 NHL Draft

Has Bown Byram at 9, Anttoni Honka at 16, & Philip Broberg at 18. Those 3 are the only Dmen on his list so far, list doesn't go past 19 for some reason too.

9 Bowen Byram, D, Vancouver-WHL
Byram is the top defenseman available in this class and projects to be a top pairing all-situations type of player. He’s a very good skater, with good hands and can break a shift open, but his best trait is his hockey sense. His vision is fantastic, and he can really standout with his offensive instincts. Defensively he’s solid, too, and projects to handle tough minutes fine. I expect him to have a big year in the WHL.

16 Anttoni Honka, D, JYP-Liiga
When I’ve watched Honka, I see a defenseman who can control the game from the back end. His skills and skating are very good, and he can make tough offensive plays and rushes. But what stands out to me is his offensive brain. He understands how to create chances at a high level with his vision and patience. He also gets shots through quite well. Honka is small, though, and he’ll need to get better defensively.

18 Philip Broberg, D, AIK-Allsvenskan
There are very few 6-foot-3 defensemen who can skate like Broberg. When he gets a head of steam, he’s impossible to strip the puck from. He’s taken a regular shift so far this season versus men and has looked decent, albeit not amazing. The question with Broberg is how much offense he has. The physical tools are off the charts but the skills and vision are very average.

Reactions: empardo91

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Could be solid, not sure about the guys after round 2 that much yet.

Kinda hoping for Dach/Cozens/Turcotte in round 1 and then Korczak in round 2 personally. Need more time to come up with guys after round 2.

I would not mind Korczak in round 2, but I don't think he'll be there unfortunately.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
So when we draft Hughes does he make the team or does he get sent down?
From my understanding Hughes is better than anyone we have in the pipeline right now. Better than Larkin/Mantha/Ras/Zadina/Cholo. Anybody. I can't imagine a scenario where he wouldn't make the team right off if the Wings drafted him.

But with how bad some teams are this season, I am honestly curious how likely it will be that the Wings can grab that #1 pick.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
From my understanding Hughes is better than anyone we have in the pipeline right now. Better than Larkin/Mantha/Ras/Zadina/Cholo. Anybody. I can't imagine a scenario where he wouldn't make the team right off if the Wings drafted him.

But with how bad some teams are this season, I am honestly curious how likely it will be that the Wings can grab that #1 pick.

It depends where he is at physically over the summer. Yes he is light years ahead of everyone in our system (that isn't exactly shocking). He is also, however, physically immature.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

With the lottery, who knows.

I'd say its more likely the Wings end up at like 3-6.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It depends where he is at physically over the summer. Yes he is light years ahead of everyone in our system (that isn't exactly shocking). He is also, however, physically immature.

Pretty sure Kane played as a rookie at 160 something lbs and still dominated.

When you’re that good it doesn’t really matter. Same thing with Petterson right now, dude is a real life stick figure.

Jack Hughes is going right to the NHL without a doubt.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

I know what you mean. They have all these injuries, are playing all these rookies...and they're still only 2 points out of the wild card. :D

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
My hatred of the Avalanche is long gone. We won the war. If they landed Hughes with Ottawa's pick my disappointment would simply be the result of the Wings not winning the rights for Hughes. I have nothing against Ottawa but their collapse has been interesting to watch. It's like rubbernecking the scene of a car accident.

Wings are at the beginning of a depressing season. Hughes would make the suffering worth taking. I watched the Coyotes tank for McEichel and walk away with Strome. It was brutal for the already fragile fans here in AZ.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Pretty sure Kane played as a rookie at 160 something lbs and still dominated.

When you’re that good it doesn’t really matter. Same thing with Petterson right now, dude is a real life stick figure.

Jack Hughes is going right to the NHL without a doubt.
Well, Pettersson is putting both sides of the argument on display that's for sure. I hope he comes back soon, I took him in the pool.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI

Well lets get real with our players Larkin home grown kid should be a good #2 c, Mantha is what he is at this point on a good team hes a #3, Ras has shown nothing other than hes good at falling down, Zadina is well we just don't know yet. Lil Bert has impressed and should be a good#2 wing, The rest are just filler and not even worth talking about. Cholo looks to be a good #2 on the back end, Hor should be a good #3 &PP guy, Sue #3 or 4 the rest are filler. We need players all over the ice.

Reactions: ShanahanMan

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Well lets get real with our players Larkin home grown kid should be a good #2 c, Mantha is what he is at this point on a good team hes a #3, Ras has shown nothing other than hes good at falling down, Zadina is well we just don't know yet. Lil Bert has impressed and should be a good#2 wing, The rest are just filler and not even worth talking about. Cholo looks to be a good #2 on the back end, Hor should be a good #3 &PP guy, Sue #3 or 4 the rest are filler. We need players all over the ice.
I think Larkin can become a #1 center, and that's being realistic. He had a 60 point season where most of the points were assists, so he wasn't just being fed by Zetterberg, and he had a low shooting percentage which is bound to correct itself. I think if he had better wingers he could have an 80 point season. Call me a homer but Larkin is legit.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Exactly. Hughes starts wings from day one if we draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad