Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft tracker

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Greg Meireles has just been drafted. Overager x2. He was an invite to our prospect camp 2 years ago.

Abbandonato went to Syracuse (TBL) earlier this week too. An invite to last year’s camp, he was at the top of the Q in scoring all year. Would have been a good player for San Antonio

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Abbandonato went to Syracuse (TBL) earlier this week too. An invite to last year’s camp, he was at the top of the Q in scoring all year. Would have been a good player for San Antonio

Yeah, wish we would've been able to sign him. Even if he wasn't going to make the NHL, he would've been a good signing for SA. Especially after last year where there wasn't a lot to enjoy for the Rampage fans.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
TBL takes Schmiemann :-(. Murray goes to Carolina with the very next pick :-(.

Our best hope is for a goalie run here to push some skaters a little further down. There’s a lot of very good goalies still on the board. Insane that Wolf and Miner are falling this far.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Blues trade 2020 7th to TOR for this pick - interesting - don’t think he’ll be there with last pick

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Another goalie. Vadim Zherenko, I have never heard of him and know nothing about him

Good/decent stats in the MHL, which is a tough league for 17-year old goalies. Other than that, I throw my hands up on this one. Could be the next Bobrovsky, could never come over at all. We must have liked something we saw, because Dustin Wolf is still on the board.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
Another goalie? How did I not notice that Constantinou is still on the board? I just assumed he was taken. Draft him, Army.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Forward Jeremy Michel

Plays for the erstwhile David Noel’s Val-D’or Foreurs. Ok, not great numbers, but like Mathias Laferriere before him, was a former high pick in the bantam draft that could take off on a better team.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Another goalie. Vadim Zherenko, I have never heard of him and know nothing about him

Good/decent stats in the MHL, which is a tough league for 17-year old goalies. Other than that, I throw my hands up on this one. Could be the next Bobrovsky, could never come over at all. We must have liked something we saw, because Dustin Wolf is still on the board.
Maybe @Caser has some knowledge

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Forward and goalie heavy draft. Very heavy from the QMJHL after going hard from the college ranks last year. I’m very surprised we didn’t take any dmen, but hopefully that means we were taking the guys we liked the best.

Overall I’ll grade this draft out at a B. Ellis was the best player taken, and he’ll be a stud. Alexandrov has some tools that are very appealing, and he could turn into something very nice in the future. I like those picks a lot! Washkurak has some nice tools too, and I like that he’s a pest, but there were unquestionably some better players available at that spot. I know nothing about our 7th rounders, but there *were* some names I might have preferred instead, so who’s to say there.

Overall, improved organizational depth at forward and goalie, but didn’t accomplish the same at defense. Some exciting depth pieces and a potential #1 goalie. Given where we are as an organization and the lack of picks available to us (not to mention they were all late-round picks), we did very ok. B draft.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
We'll know in five years but this seems to look good. Each of the five (corrected) players has an upside that could surprise.

Five more prospects to follow starting in October. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: stl76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad