Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm sure there are teams talking and everything to gauge the value of some of the picks around them but theres no way this happens until pick#5 is made. Vancouver likely has one guy theyre targeting in that range that they wanna move up for so he'll have to fall. Theres also probably guys Detroit really wants, I would guess if Byram falls it would take a lot for Detroit to move that pick given what the team needs

It would take a massive amount to make me move off of 6 to 10. 6 to 7 or 8 if there are like Dach, Cozens, and Podkolzin still on the board at 6? Okay. But to go back to 10, it's not gonna be 10+40 for 6. It's gonna be something a person would look it and say "HOLY CHEESE AND RICE" I'm not big on the next rung of guys (Boldy, Caufield, Newhook, etc.) To willingly drop down, it's gotta be a knock the socks off trade, not a fair value deal.

Unless it happened to be a trade back that someone roped in NYR and got Trouba here. Now that won't happen because NYR already robbed Winnipeg blind, but that's what would make me give up 6.

Give
Wings: 6OA + non-Zadina/Veleno/Hronek piece (Cholo?)
Vancouver: 10 OA + 40OA
NYR: Trouba

Get
Wings: Trouba + 40 OA
NYR: 10 OA + non-Zadina/Veleno/Hronek piece (Cholo?)
Vancouver: 6 OA

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If they are going to take Podkolzin I'd rather they did it at 10 than 6, I'll say that. I don't even know what that means, but yeah.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He's got a destroyed achilles, right? Maybe Peyton Krebs territory moves back to the 20s.

Destroyed Achilles? Partial laceration. According to everything I’ve seen, unfortunate, but a low concern injury.

Krebs will not last much longer than 10.

Edit: if he’s even available at 10. Pronman mocked him to Anaheim at 9 recently. He’s a really f***ing good player, even with the injury

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I mean any territory is Krebs territory for me personally. But I haven’t seen a single credible source that has even suggested he’s on the radar.

What or who do you consider a credible source? Like you I haven’t seen him linked to our team, but then again I question who really knows who we actually like (in terms of public sources). Whether we like him or not I would have no issues with him at 6.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It would take a massive amount to make me move off of 6 to 10. 6 to 7 or 8 if there are like Dach, Cozens, and Podkolzin still on the board at 6? Okay. But to go back to 10, it's not gonna be 10+40 for 6. It's gonna be something a person would look it and say "HOLY CHEESE AND RICE" I'm not big on the next rung of guys (Boldy, Caufield, Newhook, etc.) To willingly drop down, it's gotta be a knock the socks off trade, not a fair value deal.

Unless it happened to be a trade back that someone roped in NYR and got Trouba here. Now that won't happen because NYR already robbed Winnipeg blind, but that's what would make me give up 6.

Give
Wings: 6OA + non-Zadina/Veleno/Hronek piece (Cholo?)
Vancouver: 10 OA + 40OA
NYR: Trouba

Get
Wings: Trouba + 40 OA
NYR: 10 OA + non-Zadina/Veleno/Hronek piece (Cholo?)
Vancouver: 6 OA
Lmao you guys are still after Trouba via trade. Smh. GET OVER IT!!

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What or who do you consider a credible source? Like you I haven’t seen him linked to our team, but then again I question who really knows who we actually like (in terms of public sources). Whether we like him or not I would have no issues with him at 6.

Well the overwhelming idea is that these guys are tuned in to a certain extent. Our beat writers haven’t mentioned him at all and the national writers haven’t indicated that his name has come up in discussions they have had.

I’ve been the biggest Krebs supporter on this board and I imagine nobody will have him higher on their final board.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well the overwhelming idea is that these guys are tuned in to a certain extent. Our beat writers haven’t mentioned him at all and the national writers haven’t indicated that his name has come up in discussions they have had.

I’ve been the biggest Krebs supporter on this board and I imagine nobody will have him higher on their final board.

Did you post a board?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

If your board is leaked to the media your organization has failed miserably. Many of these writers think about fit and piggy back others ideas and formulate an opinion. Much like HF boards posters.
Some are plugged, sure, but even the plugged ones only get told things they're supposed to hear.

Reactions: Frk It

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If your board is leaked to the media your organization has failed miserably. Many of these writers think about fit and piggy back others ideas and formulate an opinion. Much like HF boards posters.
Some are plugged, sure, but even the plugged ones only get told things they're supposed to hear.

That’s very true.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

There’s probably one in there already hahaha. But it doesn’t necessarily reflect how I feel right now.

Honestly, I could look any of you dead in the eye and say I would be comfortable picking Krebs as high as 3. Just have that feeling about the kid that I can’t really explain; he has a bit of everything I would want out of a prospect besides the draft year production.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Says we initiated the Talks... Looking at possibly Seider or Soderstrom

If this is what he wants, then he’d be better served finding a way to trade up into the 20 range when these players could still be available.

I’m fine with positioning ourselves, but why trade down to 10 in order to still “reach” for a RHD.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
If we initiated than there would be little reason for Vancouver to play ball - especially for 40 OA. Probably looking at a second rounder next year if Vancouver is at all interested.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
If this is what he wants, then he’d be better served finding a way to trade up into the 20 range when these players could still be available.

I’m fine with positioning ourselves, but why trade down to 10 in order to still “reach” for a RHD.
This seems a bit ridiculous.

"The Detroit Red Wings are looking at a situation where they're looking pretty solid on the left side. With Dennis Cholowski, with Filip Hronek, you got two players there who project as really high end defenseman at the NHL level, and where things start to get a bit sketchy is at that right side"

Well first of all, Hronek is a RD and if Cholowski makes our left side "solid" then I must be missing something?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
This seems a bit ridiculous.

"The Detroit red wings are looking at a situation where they're looking pretty solid on the left side. With Dennis Cholowski, with Filip Hronek, you got two players there who project as really high end defenseman at the NHL level, and where things start to get a bit sketchy is at that right side"

Well first of all, Hronek is a RD and if Cholowski makes our left side "solid" then I must be missing something?

I mean there were some people convinced the Wings were taking Seider. I think that Seider or Soderstrom are fine players, but realistically this team needs an impact player. Both suggestions are what I would consider safe options but lack the high potential to be impact players.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

You don’t think a GM with direct access to other GM’s has a better idea of where players will go as opposed to mock drafts or rankings from public scouting services?

Not sure I even buy this rumor, but I could very easily see NHL teams liking these 2 players more than you are suggesting based on the info we all have available.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
I mean there were some people convinced the Wings were taking Seider. I think that Seider or Soderstrom are fine players, but realistically this team needs an impact player. Both suggestions are what I would consider safe options but lack the high potential to be impact players.
Exactly, and if we're really wanting a potential game breaker on defense, I don't see the logic in reaching for a RHD and not just taking Broberg at 6. Maybe we are really high on Seider, but like you said, why not trade some assets to move up from 35 into the 20's or late teens? Grabbing two potential elite players at 6 and say 21 is much better than moving back and grabbing an extra 2nd rounder in the process.

Reactions: jkutswings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad