Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Draft Talk Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Or the guy that's gonna do both,, dach
Dach the guy who "makes teammates better", but didn't have that many points because his teammates "weren't that good".

Yeah I'm taking parts of things different people said, but I heard both. Perks your ears up, no?

I'll cheer for and be excited for whoever we pick, but damn those lottery balls. Damn them to heck.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
Has anyone seen a Zach Parise stylistic comparison to Peyton Krebs yet? The more tape I watch of him, the more I see a young Parise, doesn't necessarily excel at anything but he does everything right, high motor, relentless competitor.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Has anyone seen a Zach Parise stylistic comparison to Peyton Krebs yet? The more tape I watch of him, the more I see a young Parise, doesn't necessarily excel at anything but he does everything right, high motor, relentless competitor.
Krebs is a better playmaker to me. He really doesn't get enough credit for his skill level. I think he's up there with Dach in terms of playmaking ability.

Reactions: Zetterbeer

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
No Podkolzin please (cozens too for that matter).
the real list is

1)Hughes
2)Kakko
3)Byram
4)Turcotte
5)Caufield
6)Zegras
7)Dach

would be fairly happy with anyone on that list. Really like Caufields game, cerebral and he is going to be a 50 goal scorer.
This is a great list and mostly correct. However, big problem is that you need to flip-flop Dach and Byram

Exhibit A:

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'm to the point where I'm just realizing it'll be a good player regardless, even if it's not the one I want. Dach/Zegras/Krebs would be a really nice skill upgrade to the top six and PP. Cozens/Podkolzin would bring a power forward-esque guy who will go through defenders. Caufield would instantly be an incredible scoring threat, and probably the most natural scorer on the team... including Zadina.

Things are looking up.

But no Podkolzin, please.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Physically, I see it. Hockey sense, I see it. But I don't think Krebs will be nearly that good of a goal scorer... Parise always had a pretty special release. I also really think Krebs will stay at center.

I'm to the point where I'm just realizing it'll be a good player regardless, even if it's not the one I want. Dach/Zegras/Krebs would be a really nice skill upgrade to the top six and PP. Cozens/Podkolzin would bring a power forward-esque guy who will go through defenders. Caufield would instantly be an incredible scoring threat, and probably the most natural scorer on the team... including Zadina.

Things are looking up.

But no Podkolzin, please.

I would be much happier with Podkolzin than Caufield.

Reactions: Ezekial

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
This is a great list and mostly correct. However, big problem is that you need to flip-flop Dach and Byram

Exhibit A:

Can't really argue that Dach has the better game in that one. But I'll die on the "Byram is the third best player in this draft" hill.
Exhibit B: I could produce a video of Byram playing well, instead I'll keep it simple. Byram had 26 goals, 71 points in 67 games, 0.39 gpg 1.05 ppg, Dach had 73 points, 25 goals in 62 games, 0.40 gpg 1.18 ppg. Byram is a defenseman.

Blueliner70

Mar 16, 2018
Peyton Krebs, no thank you.... He tore his achilles. The Red Wings are not in position to take chances like this yet.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Can't really argue that Dach has the better game in that one. But I'll die on the "Byram is the third best player in this draft" hill.
Exhibit B: I could produce a video of Byram playing well, instead I'll keep it simple. Byram had 26 goals, 71 points in 67 games, 0.39 gpg 1.05 ppg, Dach had 73 points, 25 goals in 62 games, 0.40 gpg 1.18 ppg. Byram is a defenseman.
Byram certainly has some amazing stats... that's the one thing keeping me from losing my mind if we end up with him and everyone else throws a parade.

From what I have seen of his play, he's not that offensively talented (shot power, accuracy, stick handling, passing, speed all seem like nothing special). His points come from the fact that he plays like a 4th forward and is not a big fan of actually playing the defensive position. His pivot when skating backwards looks like he's in quicksand. His effort level seems questionable at best at times.

(Disclaimer: I am stating this opinion as a fan that looks at stats and does some youtube scouting. I am aware that my opinion comes from limited sources and I am no expert, but at the same time it is fun to have an opinion. I welcome with open arms any specific examples of what makes you a fan of his)

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
If Byram isn't there at 6 and we can get a good asset in return, I have no problem at all moving to 10 to take Krebs, Caufield, Podkolzin or Broberg over Zegras, Dach or Cozens at 6.
What can we get for those 4 spots do you think? I'd want better than 40th OA.
Adam Guadette, Kole Lind, Olli Juolevi ?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
10/35/40/54/60

4 seconds would give us a lot of ammo to make other moves if we wanted to.

They should already be planning on it. This could be a massive draft if Yzerman were to trade back to 10, pick up #40 and another piece, take on Callahan's contract and add Tampa's first or a prospect like Raddysh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad