2019 NHL Draft, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
If we win the lottery (Lol I know), do you think Hughes gets developed as a C or a W in our organization? He won’t supplant Pettersson or Horvat as a C and there’s no sense in him playing 3C.
I think we would have him on the wing. And he could fill as centre if there's injuries to bo or petey. He plays LW/C so positionally it makes sense. Peyton Krebs could be an interesting pick if we pick around the 10 slot. It seems a lot of the forwards in the top 10-15 not named hughes or kakko are having underwhelming seasons.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I know it's a bit early, but I'd love to get one of Bjornfot/Thomson with our 2nd, and if we acquire another 2nd, or if he falls to our 3rd draft Samuel Fagemo.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Byram will 100% be gone in the Top 5, this draft is weak on defence and he’s the only real Grade A prospect.

We should be looking more at Turcotte, Boldy, Broberg, Soderstrom, Krebs, Podkolzin...in fact, it’s a bit of a crapshoot. Much like 2017, there isn’t really a defined ranking after Hughes and Kakko.

Bit of a weaker draft than the last few years IMO.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Just got back from the Royals/Giants game and Bowen Byram is an absolute treat to watch and is gonna be a big time player.Excellent skater and puck handler and such a smart heads-up player.I saw him several times last season and he was really impressive for a 16 y/o but he's miles better this year and looks every bit of a top 5 pick.It's just too bad he's not a RHS but I'd have zero regrets about taking him in the 6-10 range we're likely going to be picking from.

I have no problem with this if there isn't an obviously better forward available like 2016.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks odds of winning the draft lottery are at 7.5 percent after Edmonton's win. Surely there has to come a year where they actually 'move up' in the draft lottery. I mean how many years in a row can you keep sliding backward? But of course the lottery balls have no memory and the 'Canuck luck' or lack of it, seems to be constant.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If we win the lottery (Lol I know), do you think Hughes gets developed as a C or a W in our organization? He won’t supplant Pettersson or Horvat as a C and there’s no sense in him playing 3C.

I think both if he shows 200 ft aptitude.

If he does, then Horvat will be pushed to 3C.

If he doesn't, then he's a 1st line LWer.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Easily lw if we took Hughes. Bo would never be pushed to 3c. He would be traded before that. Unless if he struggled big time.

We have one legit top 6 winger which is Boeser who is a rw.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

W for sure

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Hughes would definitely be a winger with us IMO, literally the only thing we have going for us is decent Centre depth

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The draft gets less exciting when you constantly are drafting between 5-10 but never 1-5. Gotta wait another 2-3 years for them to develop and make the league, but at least its in Vancouver...

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Byram is gone after the third pick. He's closer to Hughes and Kakko than he is to the rest of the group

This partially addresses the question I was going to ask: if the Canucks win the 3rd pick in the lottery, is Byram the BPA at that point?

I ask because it seems like the Canucks will draft 6-9 if they don't win a lottery pick.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This partially addresses the question I was going to ask: if the Canucks win the 3rd pick in the lottery, is Byram the BPA at that point?

I ask because it seems like the Canucks will draft 6-9 if they don't win a lottery pick.

Yes Byram is the BPA at that point. With Juolevi's terrible development and Hughes inability to play defence, Byram is the all situation dman that the Canucks need.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
i've never really cared for krebs from the limited amount of what i've seen (which granted is like two games) and what i've read. seems like one of those "heart and soul" guys who thinks the game well enough and has a solid motor but doesn't really have any high end talent.

dach is still probably the best whl center in the draft but i still prefer the USDP guys over him.

Last edited:

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
It's like when we endured the 15/16 season and all we got was Olli Juolevi (only had 5 picks going into that draft).
Its gonna happen again. This team isnt winning the lottery and Benning will draft for need

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I haven't actually watched any of the prospects play another than Hughes at the WJC and some highlights on YouTube. Anyone on here watch Kakko, Podkolzin, Cozens, Boldy, Dach, or Krebs regularly enough to be able to give a breakdown of their playing styles and development projections?

Reactions: Tv9924
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad