2019 NHL Draft, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Imagine if Juolevi was forced to play in the SHL in his draft year rather than Junior with Tkachuk, Marner, and Dvorak... May not have gone in the 1st round unless someone was desperate for a personal turnstyle.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
I admittedly haven’t followed closely, and maybe this is a naive question, but is it suspicious at all that so many of the top-10 are in the NTDP together? What are the odds that at least some of these forwards look better than they actually are by playing on such a strong team?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I admittedly haven’t followed closely, and maybe this is a naive question, but is it suspicious at all that so many of the top-10 are in the NTDP together? What are the odds that at least some of these forwards look better than they actually are by playing on such a strong team?

I asked this to Ryan Biech and Cam Robinson on Twitter, and they both said they put a lot of weight in the games vs the NCAA teams as those games are usually closer in talent level. They also spend certain games watching 1-2 players much more closely because of how strong the USNDT is and how many top prospects there are

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018

Got to imagine at least 1-2 will be big busts

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018

Got to imagine at least 1-2 will be big busts

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011

They definitely benefit from playing on a stacked team which is why 1-2 of them will probably disappoint. Just like how Farabee Wahlstrom and Hughes benefitted each other and Matthews - Tkachuk- Roslovic. It does feel like all 5 of them could be stars though.

With the way we have been drafting it looks destined we will end up with one of the Americans.

Reactions: Dissonance Jr

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
If Boldy, Zegras, etc are off the board I definitely think we should be looking at Brink and Caufield.

I dont know its so hard to rank players this close, i am not a huge boldy fan, brink is intriguing, i read an article the other day how he is basically the driving offensive force of his team.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Let’s say Canucks stay at 9 and the top 8 goes:

Hughes
Kakko
Byram
Podkolzin
Dach
Turcotte
Cozens
Zegras

Would you rather take Boldy/Krebs or let’s say trade down with Ottawa for 19 and 31 ovr and take seider

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Let’s say Canucks stay at 9 and the top 8 goes:

Hughes
Kakko
Byram
Podkolzin
Dach
Turcotte
Cozens
Zegras

Would you rather take Boldy/Krebs or let’s say trade down with Ottawa for 19 and 31 ovr and take seider

I think we can only draft 1-3 or 9-11 right? So if we are in the top three we gotta do whatever it takes to get Hughes, short of trading away Petey, Boeser, Quinn, or Bo. If we are 9-12 than it’s gotta be the player with the highest cicely to drive play, right? Isn’t that ?Caufield

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Soderstrom IMO is a better prospect than Adam Boqvist. Wouldn't be surprised if his stock rises after the U18's similar to Heiskanen. Same with Heinola.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
This team Needs to be in the top 3 of the draft and hit a home run,,we can not afford to have to wait 2 to 3 or 4 years for a prospect to develop, otherwise Benning is going to crowd our line up with more dam mentors on stupid contracts again.Do what it takes to get in the top 3..This is our draft,,.

Reactions: PredsForPresidents

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I dont see Soderstrom as a "reach". Hes a betted player RN than Boqvist was last year. Hes a good D prospect.

Also, Kirby Dach isnt going to fall to us. Far more skilled, better skater, far more upside than Lawson Crouse. If Kotkaniemi & Strome are any example, big offensive C's dont last long.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wanna be like I know this guy and this guy, but to be completely honest.
I am going into this draft mostly blank. I know byram hughes and kakko, and maybe Cole Caufield and that's about it for me.

Can somebody sell me on the other top prospects?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad